[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Great Jerome Harrison Debate

Rovers

So.... everyone thought it would be Chris Jennings in week 15. I did not like the risk with Jennings ( or Foster, HOU, for that matter either) last week, but still would not start Harrison with safer options that I had available. Now, Harrison has to be considered for the week that most FF Super Bowls are played, week 16.

Mangini, like Kubiak simply cannot be trusted. I made this point in the advice forum last week, suggesting Ganther as the safer play overJennings and Foster. That turned out OK, but even Ganther lost carries on Monday night.

OK, let's look at some numbers. Did you know that Harrison leads the Browns in receptions? Hard to fathom with only 32 ctaches, but true, and he is tied with Massaquoi for most TD catches... at two. No other player on the Browns has more than one TD catch.

Harison comes off an incredible game against KC, the worst run defense (FF-wise) in the NFL. But Oakland is the 5th worst run defense, the Browns next opponent. Everyone expected Jennings, but it was all Harrison on Sunday. Truth is, Jennings was the anomoly, Harrison has been the guy when Lewis was out, except for week 14. Cleveland is at home this week.

Deputy Mangini has a new sherrif in town, Sherrif Holmgren. With the new boss looking over his shoulder, a new boss that has a rep for developing QB's, dare Mangini start the rookie Jennings instead of the vet Harrison who knows how to pass block? With Harrison coming off a franchise record breaking game?

Harrison has only 3 TD runs, and all of them came in week 15. Not exactly the stuff that builds great confidence. However, Harrison has only two games with 20 carries, and in each of them, he has put up very good numbers. YPC's of 4.2 and 8.4. He had 16 carries against BALT in week 3, and went 16 for 52, but had 5 catches for 33 yards. His two recieving TD's also came in one game, week 13 against SD when he went 7-62-2 recieving. Harrison has 5 TD's on the year, but all of them have come in the last 3 games. FIVE TD's in THREE games. Sandwiched between weeks 13 and 15, Mangini yanked Harrison after a slow start in week 14.... and it was the Jennings/Cribbs show that week.

Which brings us to week 16, FF Championship weekend for most. As for now, I just put this up for debate. I do have an opinion on whether I think Harrison is a good or risky start over other more "reliable" RB's for this week, and while I am sure many wait with baited breath to hear my opinion, I'll wait for some others to chime in. Projections welcome! So, waddaythink? :wacko:

So.... everyone thought it would be Chris Jennings in week 15. I did not like the risk with Jennings ( or Foster, HOU, for that matter either) last week, but still would not start Harrison with safer options that I had available. Now, Harrison has to be considered for the week that most FF Super Bowls are played, week 16.

Mangini, like Kubiak simply cannot be trusted. I made this point in the advice forum last week, suggesting Ganther as the safer play overJennings and Foster. That turned out OK, but even Ganther lost carries on Monday night.

OK, let's look at some numbers. Did you know that Harrison leads the Browns in receptions? Hard to fathom with only 32 ctaches, but true, and he is tied with Massaquoi for most TD catches... at two. No other player on the Browns has more than one TD catch.

Harison comes off an incredible game against KC, the worst run defense (FF-wise) in the NFL. But Oakland is the 5th worst run defense, the Browns next opponent. Everyone expected Jennings, but it was all Harrison on Sunday. Truth is, Jennings was the anomoly, Harrison has been the guy when Lewis was out, except for week 14. Cleveland is at home this week.

Deputy Mangini has a new sherrif in town, Sherrif Holmgren. With the new boss looking over his shoulder, a new boss that has a rep for developing QB's, dare Mangini start the rookie Jennings instead of the vet Harrison who knows how to pass block? With Harrison coming off a franchise record breaking game?

Harrison has only 3 TD runs, and all of them came in week 15. Not exactly the stuff that builds great confidence. However, Harrison has only two games with 20 carries, and in each of them, he has put up very good numbers. YPC's of 4.2 and 8.4. He had 16 carries against BALT in week 3, and went 16 for 52, but had 5 catches for 33 yards. His two recieving TD's also came in one game, week 13 against SD when he went 7-62-2 recieving. Harrison has 5 TD's on the year, but all of them have come in the last 3 games. FIVE TD's in THREE games. Sandwiched between weeks 13 and 15, Mangini yanked Harrison after a slow start in week 14.... and it was the Jennings/Cribbs show that week.

Which brings us to week 16, FF Championship weekend for most. As for now, I just put this up for debate. I do have an opinion on whether I think Harrison is a good or risky start over other more "reliable" RB's for this week, and while I am sure many wait with baited breath to hear my opinion, I'll wait for some others to chime in. Projections welcome! So, waddaythink? :wacko:

Rovers, I'll start by saying that I'm putting your Thomas Jones bet money in today's mail. I was going to send it earlier only to discover my wife had used all our stamps sending out Christmas cards. Congrats on your spot-on prognostication. I ponied up for that extra PS3 game for the chitlins despite it all.

On to Harrison.... I'm starting him. I missed catching that lightning in the bottle last week as he rode the pine on my bench. Thankfully I didn't start Jennings instead but did almost as bad with Calvin Johnson at my Flex.

The one thing that concerns me which I noted in a previous thread is that Oakland will stack the box against the run as they are one of the few teams that plays a true man to man coverage scheme which allows for extra men being committed to the run. That said, that's been their scheme all year and they're still one of the worst against the run. Both teams are playing with a lot of confidence and while I don't expect anything at all like last week from Harrison, I think a game of 80yds plus a TD and 3-4 receptions for another 20-30yds is within reason and more than acceptable for my #2 RB.

I could go Ganther or Jacobs here or as my flex but neither has the upside Harrison offers. I also will likely make a waiver move for Maurice Morris. I have the most blind bid money left so he's mine if I want him. I'm also going to see if Michael Bush is available, although that one makes me nervous.

Just my :D

Good write up. I'm starting Jerome in both of my leagues. Too bad it's in the games for 3rd place since I left him on the bench last week (I started him in my main money league the week before when he didn't do chit). :wacko:

CunningRunt; I too went with that strategy of Oakland still has one of the worst run-D's and relied upon Knowsho....at home at Mile Hile with no General Bulkhalter. It got me a single digit effort. Read Mr. Ratteree's column....he too will start Mr. Harrison and we can all look forward to his rant next tuesday. Good luck!

Last week in various leagues, I rolled the dice on Chris Jennings and lost. However, the thinking was right. We all thought Jennings was going to get the nod. Jerome Harrision's numbers have more to do with his opponent than Harrison himself. I'm not saying that Harrison is not a talented back. He is. I'm just saying that a lot of guys would have done well, maybe not record breaking well, but well against the Chiefs to justify a fantasy start.

Now on to Week 16. Do you start Harrison against the 28th rushing defense of the Raiders. In a word, yes. Of course this decision has to do with who else you have on your bench. I plan on starting him in a flex position because the matchup is right.

How do we know Mangini won't go back to Jennings or throw Josh Cribbs in? We don't know. Plus, circumstances could change in a game that throw a monkey wrench in all our best laid plans. The only thing that I'm going on are these words from Mangini when asked about Harrision's Week 15 performance. "I think that what he was able to do (Sunday) was special," Mangini said. "I'm looking forward to more of that."

Go Harrison!

Edited by electricrelish

Rover -

As a knowledgable Thomas Jones fan, who would you play this week? Jones or Harrison? I have ADP and Chris Johnson as my other backs.

Thanks!

With ADP and CJo... I wouldn't lose any sleep over your third RB!

Atlanta actually had 9 in the box against the Jets. TJ has had success agianst 8 in the box, but Atlanta shut him down, forcing Sanchez to throw, and throw he did... 3 more INT's. I don't know if the Colts have ever stacked the box like that. The Jets are incredibly still in the playoff hunt, and Indy has nothing to play for. Will they rest their starters, or try to remain unbeaten?

Oakland is very Jekyll and Hyde. However, they usually play to their level of competition. I like Harrison even more if Frey can't play. Russell is sure to turn the ball over, and the more time of possession Cleveland can get, the better for Harrison. The problem is I never believe a word Mangini EVER says. He might say one thing all week long, and do something completely different on Sunday. I suppose he thinks that misleading his opponent is somehow giving him an advantage. Remember when he would refuse to name his starting QB?

The only risk with Harrison this week is the whackiness of Mangini. If his lips are moving, he's likely telling fibs. Maybe with Holmgren looking over his shoulder, he won't get so cutesy. His job is on the line and he has to know that.

I would wait for more news from Indy and on Frey before making a choice.

Runt... no problem, after the holidays would be fine too. I've never lost a $ bet at the Huddle. Not that I bet a lot, maybe 2 or 3 times a year, but when I lay $... I miss spain for that reason alone. He was my only multiple victim. :wacko:

Let's see...clearly Mangini is an idiot. Look what Harrison's done in the games he's played compared to what Lewis was doing.

Take away week 14 when apparently Harrison was sick, and you have a dominant RB 2 of the last 3 weeks.

I'm not too worried about Oakland's pass defense eating into our running game. Derek's got a booming arm and the defenses will have to account for it. Even if he's a Jeff George wannabe

20 carries for 118 yards and a TD

3 catches for 28 yards

Somehow...I made it into the Championship game...and I'm going with Harrison...here are my options: (Non-ppr)

DWill (busted.)

Moreno (Against Philly)

Beanie "baby" Wells (Against the lambs)

Harrison (Against the raiders)

Ganther (Against Dallas)

I'm going with Wells and Harrison. Unless somebody talks me out of it!

I am thinking about starting Harrison my waiver wire pick up a few weeks ago over my 11th overall pick Calvin Johnson at the flex spot.

Man Fantasy Football really is some kind of game.

1st I pass on Andre Johnson to take Calvin Johnson.....then I turn down a trade of AJ and Breaston for Calvin Johnson.

Now I am thinking about not even starting Calvin...stupid Fantasy Football.

!$!#$#$@#$!@#$!@#$

Let's see...clearly Mangini is an idiot. Look what Harrison's done in the games he's played compared to what Lewis was doing.

Take away week 14 when apparently Harrison was sick, and you have a dominant RB 2 of the last 3 weeks.

I'm not too worried about Oakland's pass defense eating into our running game. Derek's got a booming arm and the defenses will have to account for it. Even if he's a Jeff George wannabe

20 carries for 118 yards and a TD

3 catches for 28 yards

Harrison was ill in week 14? Didn't know that. I am facing my own WDIS in one league, Super Bowl game. Harrison, T Jones, ADP. I could also flex to a 3rd RB, but TE's score a bunch, and I have the Davis'... both of them, Vernon and Fred.

If Russell starts for Oakland... I think that makes a big difference for Harrison. Harrison could benefit from a short field several times. :wacko:

I am thinking about starting Harrison my waiver wire pick up a few weeks ago over my 11th overall pick Calvin Johnson at the flex spot.

Man Fantasy Football really is some kind of game.

1st I pass on Andre Johnson to take Calvin Johnson.....then I turn down a trade of AJ and Breaston for Calvin Johnson.

Now I am thinking about not even starting Calvin...stupid Fantasy Football.

!$!#$#$@#$!@#$!@#$

Im curious how many times you mentioned the AJ and Breaston for Calvin Johnson trade......5-10 times? I think I actually know your team better then any of mine...

The most interesting thing in Henri's life is Henri and all things Henri. I beleive I've heard about the Manning vs Brady thing at least 15 times now. When they casted the guy for the Dos Equis commercial, they clearly did not meet Henri. HE is the most interesting man in the world.

Last week i actually posted in a bunch of threads that i was not jumping on the Jennings band wagon ...however this week i am jumping on Harrison band wagon with two feet

He gets oakland at home coming off a monster performance and i think he produces very nicely

at least 120 yards and TD and could be more

Edited by isleseeya

In my 'friends' league, I dropped Harrison last week for Arian Foster. I still won the game and going to the SB, but now being last on the ww priority list, I fear I will not get Harrison for this week. If I do get him, I will be starting him.

Same here. The huddle has been my best friend, yet worst enemy simultaneously this year!