[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like crack for pecan pie lovers

rajncajn

For as long as I can remember, every holiday my Grandma always makes these little bite-sized pecan pies. As a pecan pie freak I will eat these things till I'm sick. Here's a similar recipe to what my Grandma makes if anyone wants to try them out.

2 eggs

2/3 c. Karo syrup

1/4 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. vanilla

2/3 c. chopped pecans

Beat eggs enough to blend yolks and whites. Add sugar, syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat gently to combine. Stir in pecans. Spoon into pastry shells (about 1 tablespoon filling for each shell). Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on rack.

For as long as I can remember, every holiday my Grandma always makes these little bite-sized pecan pies. As a pecan pie freak I will eat these things till I'm sick. Here's a similar recipe to what my Grandma makes if anyone wants to try them out.

2 eggs

2/3 c. Karo syrup

1/4 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. vanilla

2/3 c. chopped pecans

Beat eggs enough to blend yolks and whites. Add sugar, syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat gently to combine. Stir in pecans. Spoon into pastry shells (about 1 tablespoon filling for each shell). Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on rack.

Might be two stupid questions but what do you mean by:

1. Beat eggs enough to blend yolks and whites? Just beat together with a wisk kinda like making scrambled eggs?

2. Heat gently to combine? What does that mean?

This sounds awesome but I never bake and would probably screw it up.

Might be two stupid questions but what do you mean by:

1. Beat eggs enough to blend yolks and whites? Just beat together with a wisk kinda like making scrambled eggs?

2. Heat gently to combine? What does that mean?

This sounds awesome but I never bake and would probably screw it up.

Here's another, less confusing recipe I found...

* 3 eggs, beaten

* 1/2 cup sugar

* 1 cup light corn syrup

* 1/4 cup butter, melted

* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

* 1 cup pecans, chopped

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* pastry for 2 9-inch pie crusts

Cut out pie crust to fit in mini muffin pans. Press into greased/sprayed muffin pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, and flour. Add pecans, vanilla, and salt. Pour into unbaked pie shells. Bake for about 15 minutes or until done. Yields about 4 dozen mini pies.

God I'm hungry! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it. Wife was sick so made this a ME ONLY project (w/ daughter's help mixing, etc.). Went out and bought the pecans and puff pastry shells as I had all other ingredients at the ready.

Pies bombed! Am I not to use Puff Pastry Shells?

Was not happy - I'd try it again if I was more comfortable with what I was doing. I am NOT a baker.

Tried it. Wife was sick so made this a ME ONLY project (w/ daughter's help mixing, etc.). Went out and bought the pecans and puff pastry shells as I had all other ingredients at the ready.

Pies bombed! Am I not to use Puff Pastry Shells?

Was not happy - I'd try it again if I was more comfortable with what I was doing. I am NOT a baker.

You can always buy the ready-made pie crusts & just cut them to fit the muffin pan I don't believe that is the same as puff pastry shells.

Edited by rajncajn

You can always buy the ready-made pie crusts & just cut them to fit the muffin pan I don't believe that is the same as puff pastry shells.

Puff pastry shells are them things for oyster patties and such. Go to the freezer section by the pies and they should have mini pie crust that is what you want. No wonder why they tasted like shiat. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
For as long as I can remember, every holiday my Grandma always makes these little bite-sized pecan pies. As a pecan pie freak I will eat these things till I'm sick.

:wacko: I never ever considered myself a big pecan (or pecan flavored) person but I could eat a mountain of those things. Didn't get any at holidays but bought some on sale at groc store right afterwards, on sale no less. Through amazing will power I managed to make them last a few days but I coulda eaten the whole tray w/o even blinking. Don't bake though so probably won't see till next Dec.