[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

time to re-visit tazinib1 . . .

CaptainHook

:wacko:

Trust me...LT is NOT losing carries to Sproles.

If anything, he'll GAIN more carries than the previous 2 injury riddled seasons.

When people say "losing carries", it usually implies another RB is going to be phased into the offensive game plan more than the previous year. I HIGHLY doubt Sproles see's an uptick in carries, rather he'll LOSE carries.

I'll take that bet.

I say Sproles has more than the 61 carries he had last year. Tomlinson had 292 carries last year. 315 in 2007. I say he has less than 300 carries this season.

I'm not gonna bet, but I think your wrong. Be that as it may, I'll keep this post tucked away in my little notepad.

Though 15 games, Sproles has 91 carries for 325 yards and 3 TD's (3.6 avg). He has 45 receptions for 497 and 4 TD's.

Through 15 games, Tomlinson has 221 carries for 729 yards (3.3 avg.) and 12 TD's. He has 18 receptions for 137 yards and 0 TD's.

I think it's pretty obvious Tomlinson is on the downside of his career. Sproles cut into his production (carries, receptions, rushing yardage, receiving yardage) in a major way. This will probably be the first year Tomlinson does not rush for 1,000 yards. It's the first year since his rookie year that he did not have a receiving TD. Tomlinson had 38 less receptions than 2008. Sproles saw his reception total increase by 16 catches.

Edited by CaptainHook

Through 15 games, Tomlinson has 221 carries for 729 yards (3.3 avg.) and 12 TD's. He has 18 receptions for 137 yards and 0 TD's.
What's the record for most carries in a game? LT still has a chance to break 300 carries this season...

What's the record for most carries in a game? LT still has a chance to break 300 carries this season...

Team record is 72. (Chi. Bears vs. Brooklyn, Oct. 20, 1935 ) More modern record is 69 (Kansas City vs. Cincinnati, Sept. 3, 1978 )

45 for 1 player (Jamie Morris WAS vs CIN, Dec, 17 1988 (OT))

Team record is 72. (Chi. Bears vs. Brooklyn, Oct. 20, 1935 ) More modern record is 69 (Kansas City vs. Cincinnati, Sept. 3, 1978 )

45 for 1 player (Jamie Morris WAS vs CIN, Dec, 17 1988 (OT))

Gosh, I remember watching that game when I was like 9. Little Joe's little brother, was it not?

Edited by Seahawks21