[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts losing

3xcrazy

Now I have to listen to all this B-S about how the Jets "backed in". I'd have rather won or lost playing Iny's starters, not just half of them. Maybe this was the game Sanchez could have finally done something to WIN a game. Not likely, but we'll never know. Talk about "bad wins", yes Dorothy, there is such a thing, and it was no fault of the team I root for. They are now victims of Polian and Caldwell too. And it sucks for me as a Jets fan too.
Awe....yes....it's the Jets and their fans that are the real victims here. :wacko: The Jets will make it into the post season just like every other team that gets there, by having a better record then 10 other teams. So you might have gotten a little help from a team that didn't play their starters for 60 minutes. That win isn't a whole lot different then a team that got to play Detroit or St. Louis...sometime you have hard games and sometimes you have easy games. The record books don't count a easy win any differently the a hard win...it's still just counts as one W in the books.

The Colts lost. Most Colts fans will get over it. We're now no different then 31 other teams at some point this season. We just took longer to experience the loss. We're use to winning almost all of our games in recent years so when we go such a long time without a loss we don't know how to control our emotions for a bit. Oh well. The fact of the matter is that most of us knew this was a likely outcome. The only outcome that would have guaranteed fans would be happy is the Colts having a perfect season. If the starters played and someone got hurt, management would have been crucified for playing them in a meaningless game. If the starters played and still loss in the regular season, they would have been crucified for playing them in a meaningless game and risking injury. If the starters played and lost in the postseason, they would have been crucified for not resting them and keeping them fresh. Now as it stands, management will probably be crucified if the Colts lose in the post season as it will be a "wasted" season. And if we win the Superbowl, they'll be crucified for not trying to go for perfection.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard of the NY media? I can't even listen to the radio. To listen to this nonsesnse, the Jest had no right to even be on the field with the Colts starters. Honestly, I would have rather taken the L against the starters than to have to hear all this chit.

I am just as disgusted as any Colts fan is. The Jets lost a chance to prove whether or not they are a playoff caliber team. If they beat the Colts starters, they are. Now, they are a charity case. I'd rather take the L.

As long as the Bengals win Sunday night Jets are out

If pats win during the day , Bengals game is meaningless to them and they can not move up in seeds so there is a good chance ( i think a very good chance as i think pats beat texans ) that the jets face another team who will pull starters or maybe even not start some ...could be another gift

but if i am a Jets Fan i could care less ...why in the world would you care ( NY Media or not ) ? The Jets have no control over what their opposition does and getting into the playoffs is what its all about ...2nd season where anything can happen ( Giants in 2007 are a great example of this with 3 road victories and then beating Pats in SB ... )

The final result is what counts ...period

that is my two cents

Edited by isleseeya

Yeah, you make a good point here. Polian was the one likely pulling the strings on this. Caldwell was just doing what his boss told him to do. I retract my comment about it being a pussified coaching strategy. Instead, it is Polian's ownership strategy that is pussified. :wacko:

Polian is the GM. Irsay is the owner.

You do realize, in order for them to do that, the Jets will quite likely have to beat the Patriots. Right?

I have no expectations for the Patriots this postseason. Brady's been dinged up most of the year, their line play stinks on both sides of the ball...shall I go on? :wacko:

The Colts lost.
The Colt BACKUPS lost is much more accurate.

If the starters played
The starters DID play the bulk of the game.

This is what gets me. Either play them or don't. If you're afraid of an injury, why play at all?

Somehow I doubt this was Irsay's decision, but can't say for sure. I suspect Caldwell just didn't know wtph he was doing.

Somehow I doubt this was Irsay's decision, but can't say for sure. I suspect Caldwell just didn't know wtph he was doing.

It would have been Bill Polian, not Irsay behind this.

That clarification out of the way, I do think it was 100% Polian at work. It's how he rolls. I do think it was a HUGH mistake and may well come back to bite them.

The Colts have had positive mojo from their fans all year and I've gotta think that the spontaneous intensity of the crowd's reaction at the game and afterward, is gonna F with that mojo.

A lot of angry Colts' fans called into Bill Polian's weekly radio show to complain about the decision to pull the Colts' starters. The callers frustrated Bill Polian so much that he ended his radio show 10 minutes prematurely, resulting in dead air until the radio show filled it with music and commercials. See Link.

A lot of angry Colts' fans called into Bill Polian's weekly radio show to complain about the decision to pull the Colts' starters. The callers frustrated Bill Polian so much that he ended his radio show 10 minutes prematurely, resulting in dead air until the radio show filled it with music and commercials. See Link.

Not true.

link

Not true.

link

They've only been doing the radio show all year, and the show's host still doesn't know how to skillfully interrupt callers and break for a commercial? This excuse is a bit hard to swallow, but I didn't hear the show, so I guess we'll have to take them at their word. Anyone have a mp3 of the radio show? I would like to hear it.

Edited by electricrelish

They've only been doing the radio show all year, and the show's host still doesn't know how to skillfully interrupt callers and break for a commercial? This excuse is a bit hard to swallow, but I didn't hear the show, so I guess we'll have to take them at their word. Anyone have a mp3 of the radio show? I would like to hear it.

Did you read the link?

According to Kent Sterling, the program director for 93 WIBC and 1070 The Fan, the explanation is that:

"When programming becomes really compelling, the host’s obligation is to continue despite the need to play commercials, and (host) Bob Lamey and Bill Polian did that admirably. The result was that there were six minutes of commercials to play during the final seven minutes of the show. Bill remained in the studio until the show went off the air, and Bob used the final minute to wrap up the show. What happened last night is business as usual in radio."

This happens all the time in radio . . . I personally did not hear the program. I never listen to it. Polian is terrible on the radio. He's not good with media period. Very condescending towards fans and journalists. I don't like listening to him. But the guy can draft.

Did you read the link?

According to Kent Sterling, the program director for 93 WIBC and 1070 The Fan, the explanation is that:

"When programming becomes really compelling, the host’s obligation is to continue despite the need to play commercials, and (host) Bob Lamey and Bill Polian did that admirably. The result was that there were six minutes of commercials to play during the final seven minutes of the show. Bill remained in the studio until the show went off the air, and Bob used the final minute to wrap up the show. What happened last night is business as usual in radio."

This happens all the time in radio . . . I personally did not hear the program. I never listen to it. Polian is terrible on the radio. He's not good with media period. Very condescending towards fans and journalists. I don't like listening to him. But the guy can draft.

I read the post. I find it hard to believe that an experienced radio host does not know how to interrupt a caller or Bill Polian when it's time to break for commercial. I think it's unusual for the host to wait until the end of the show to play six minutes of commercials. I didn't hear the show, so I'll take them at their word.

Edited by electricrelish

I listen to a lot of talk radio. If an interview goes over, they don't go to commercial. They keep it rolling. Then the next commercial break is a loooooooooooong one. It happens all the time. So the explanation makes sense. Like I said though, I didn't hear it. Polian is notoriously cranky.

Edited by CaptainHook

Polian is a very good GM but also a nororious flaming butthead. He is also not so brilliant. eg:

"When Jim Sorgi had to be placed on injured reserve with shoulder problems, it was evident to coach and myself that we had to be very careful with Peyton, because there was no one out there we could bring in who could handle the load of backup QB.
Yeah - including Sorgi.

So the concern wasn't really Manning getting hurt, but the fact that they couldn't count on that stud Sorgi if Manning was hurt. Got it.

:wacko:

And while I know bringing in a marginally talented rook to back him up is chock full of insight, why not consider a seasoned vet (Garcia comes to mind) to hold down the fort if needed?

Wait now I remember: the Colts hate having a backup QB worth a flip (this goes as far back as Bert Jones and the Domres/Troup SNAFUs). Good grief.

Wait it gets better:

"What we’ve said — it seems repeatedly, since Halloween almost — is that 16-0, we did not feel like was a historic achievement. What was important to us, and what we tried very hard to do on a short week against Jacksonville after we had wrapped-up the home field advantage was to set two records — one for the most consecutive regular season games won. We were tied with New England prior to that, and we now hold that record ourselves. And secondly, for the most games won in this decade"
He thinks consecutive regular season games won or most games won in a decade is more significant than a perfect season?? Am I the only one who thinks that is f-ed up in the extreme? wtpho??

And again, if the concern was such an issue, why play Manning at all? Brilliant Caldwell - I've seen nothing to convince me he's anything but a figurehead riding the Manning gravy train to glory (not that Polian hasn't to some extent himself).

Edited by BeeR

He thinks consecutive regular season games won or most games won in a decade is more significant than a perfect season?? Am I the only one who thinks that is f-ed up in the extreme? wtpho??

No. I cannot believe Polian said that. Who even knew there was a record for most wins in a decade. I didn't. Who cares? Nobody. 16-0 is certainly better than those two records. Once again, another reason why I don't listen to Polian.

And again, if the concern was such an issue, why play Manning at all? Brilliant Caldwell - I've seen nothing to convince me he's anything but a figurehead riding the Manning gravy train to glory (not that Polian hasn't to some extent himself).

I'd agree, but it was obvious Manning wanted to play. So to say he's just a figurehead, I'd have to disagree. If that was the case, Manning would've got back on the field.

16-0 is certainly better than those two records.

That I disagree with. A perfect reg season w/o a SB win is equally a BFD to me.

I'd agree, but it was obvious Manning wanted to play. So to say he's just a figurehead, I'd have to disagree. If that was the case, Manning would've got back on the field.
I didn't mean he has no say-so. I mean he's just staying the course and has little to do w/their success. His only real plus that I see is knowing the system and being in the right place at the right time (ironically, much like Polian most of his career).