[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Order at top of Draft

Jackass

If season ended today

St. Louis

Detroit

KC

Tampa

Washington

Cleveland

Interestingly 4 of those teams picked in the top 5 last year:

Detroit

St. Louis

KC

Seattle

Cleveland

St. Louis, Washington and Cleveland could pick qb's (i'm assuming KC will stick with Cassell)

If season ended today

St. Louis

Detroit

KC

Tampa

Washington

Cleveland

Interestingly 4 of those teams picked in the top 5 last year:

Detroit

St. Louis

KC

Seattle

Cleveland

St. Louis, Washington and Cleveland could pick qb's (i'm assuming KC will stick with Cassell)

:wacko: St. Louis will pick Suh!

:wacko: St. Louis will pick Suh!

Only because the HC is a defensive coach.

The Rams look like the new Detroit Lions. No QB, no offensive line, no really good WR, weak on the D line and LB spots. I think if I were the Rams I'de trade down, and Suh is the perfect bait for that. They just need too much help at nearly every position on the field. KC might trade up for Suh. So might Cleveland. Suh would be a luxury for the Rams. They have to draft their highest ranked QB. Trading down too far would hurt their chances of getting that QB.

It would make sense to do so BUT they need a QB as well.

Call me crazy, but I think that St. Louis is going to remedy its QB situation by trading some draft picks (2nd round and perhaps another pick) for Vick. The Rams' and Eagles' offenses are quite similar, and Spags is comfortable making trades with the Eagles.

Edited by dbforbes

Only because the HC is a defensive coach.

The Rams look like the new Detroit Lions. No QB, no offensive line, no really good WR, weak on the D line and LB spots. I think if I were the Rams I'de trade down, and Suh is the perfect bait for that. They just need too much help at nearly every position on the field. KC might trade up for Suh. So might Cleveland. Suh would be a luxury for the Rams. They have to draft their highest ranked QB. Trading down too far would hurt their chances of getting that QB.

Hmmmm, the Lions have never gone the route of trimming all old players and going with a youth movement. The Rams have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I do not see them making Millen like mistakes in the draft, nor will they. Why would you want to trade down to give another team quite possibly the best player to come out of the draft in years?

• 3 weeks later...
Call me crazy, but I think that St. Louis is going to remedy its QB situation by trading some draft picks (2nd round and perhaps another pick) for Vick. The Rams' and Eagles' offenses are quite similar, and Spags is comfortable making trades with the Eagles.

As an update to this post, per today's Rotoworld.com:

"Rams expected to consider trade for QB Vick" Beat writer Jim Thomas expects the Rams' brass to discuss the possibility of signing or trading for Michael Vick in next week's organizational meetings. GM Billy Devaney worked with Vick in Atlanta and even visited him in prison. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Pat Shurmur are tight with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who has spoken in glowing terms about the "changes" Vick has made in his life. The Rams desperately need a QB, and Vick would be a good fit in the Edward Jones Dome. Using a late round pick to reel in a QB would allow the Rams to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick. Jan. 15 - 8:50 am et Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

I have to think that the Eagles will score more out such a deal than just a "late round" pick. I guess that we may see.

As an update to this post, per today's Rotoworld.com:

"Rams expected to consider trade for QB Vick" Beat writer Jim Thomas expects the Rams' brass to discuss the possibility of signing or trading for Michael Vick in next week's organizational meetings. GM Billy Devaney worked with Vick in Atlanta and even visited him in prison. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Pat Shurmur are tight with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who has spoken in glowing terms about the "changes" Vick has made in his life. The Rams desperately need a QB, and Vick would be a good fit in the Edward Jones Dome. Using a late round pick to reel in a QB would allow the Rams to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick. Jan. 15 - 8:50 am et Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

I have to think that the Eagles will score more out such a deal than just a "late round" pick. I guess that we may see.

Vick becoming a Ram would be justice.