[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings - Bears thread

Hugh 0ne

Minnesota needs to rally around their collapse and internal issues and right the ship this week. The only chance the Vikes have of winning in the playoffs is if they homefield. They can't let the Eagles grab the #2 seed, and they have a chance to put pressure on the Saints and maybe get the #1 seed overall. This is a divisional game on the road for the Vikes, and even thought the Bears are 5-9, this is anything but a gimme. However, it is an opportunity for the Vikes to re-establish themselves as an NFC elite team again.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly, the Bears are perhaps (at present) the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the NFL. If the Vikings can't grind out a win here, they should feel very concerned.

The Bears passing attack is a major mess. I don't see this game being close.

The young LB'ers for Chicago are usually good for 3-4 missed assignments/angles per game, and that will be enough to give AD a big play or two, and their CB's aren't good enough to contain all four MN receiving options. Look for Harvin to have a solid game, Rice to have a pretty big game, and this game to be over in the third quarter with the Queens up by 17 already.

This is the game that Favre and the Vikes need to prove themselves. Favre needs to prove that he can play outdoors in cold weather. The team needs a good showing as well. A blowout win here would go a long ways to reclaiming that the Vikings are contenders this year.

Can Favre and Adrian both become important cogs to the team at the same time? Can Chilly and Favre co-exist in this offense? Inquiring minds.

Edited by MikesVikes

Final score :

Vikes 30

Bears 24

The Minny Star Trib (who know exactly when to hop on and off a bandwagon) are predicting a Bears win by 17-14. :wacko::D

Gil's assessment above is much closer to the mark. This may be the most demoralized Bears team I can remember, especially offensively. It's no exaggeration to say this team is above only St Louis and Detroit right now in the Sad Crock of Poo Stakes. The Vikings should win this by at least 21 points and Peterson (and maybe Taylor too) will have a field day even if Favre doesn't.

I need Shiancoe to have a big night, which is a bit of a reach, but not crazy. I think the Vikes will run a lot tonight, and with high winds will look to Shank quite a bit. At least I hope so. And I'd guess the defense should be able to hold the Bears down, even if Cutler is good at home, which he can be. I honestly think that the Vikes will control this game throughout, and I don't usually think that way when they play in Chicago - no matter what the team records are. Hopefully they will get back to the basics tonight, run and stop the run, and grab a couple turnovers after getting a lead.

The Minny Star Trib (who know exactly when to hop on and off a bandwagon) are predicting a Bears win by 17-14. :D:D

Gil's assessment above is much closer to the mark. This may be the most demoralized Bears team I can remember, especially offensively. It's no exaggeration to say this team is above only St Louis and Detroit right now in the Sad Crock of Poo Stakes. The Vikings should win this by at least 21 points and Peterson (and maybe Taylor too) will have a field day even if Favre doesn't.

Too young to remember the 70's? Minus Walter of course. :D

Several rooks/nubes starting tonite (Aroma Week #3, Gilbert DT,) , w/ week #2 of Williams at LT.

BUT we ALL KNOW that Favre can't play in cold weather! :D:wacko: So the bears win...RIGHT???

Viqueens=27 (early points)

Bears=13 (Late garbage points)

The Minny Star Trib (who know exactly when to hop on and off a bandwagon) are predicting a Bears win by 17-14. :wacko::D

Gil's assessment ? that was my assessment

remember i am the good looking one :D

Gil's assessment ? that was my assessment

remember i am the good looking one :D

Yours is a mere score guess on the part of a sad Viking dilettante, not an assessment. Vikings are incapable of coherent speech, much less assessments. :wacko:

Gil's assessment is in post 5.