[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thank you , Huddle!

The 13ers

I just want to say thank you to David and John, along with the rest of the Huddle gang.

I got what I paid for.

This year I won one league and won consolation in the other. Should have been two championships, but I got jobbed out of a division title. Long story.

Anyways, I would recommend to everyone, sans my league mates, to buy/read Dorey's book. I am still asking for the sequel. There has to more things for this grasshopper to learn!

I use the SOS tool, free agent page, and the two projections pages to full advantage.

My only wish is that I could go back in time and join up years ago.

Congrats to all winners!

I just want to say thank you to David and John, along with the rest of the Huddle gang.

I got what I paid for.

This year I won one league and won consolation in the other. Should have been two championships, but I got jobbed out of a division title. Long story.

Anyways, I would recommend to everyone, sans my league mates, to buy/read Dorey's book. I am still asking for the sequel. There has to more things for this grasshopper to learn!

I use the SOS tool, free agent page, and the two projections pages to full advantage.

My only wish is that I could go back in time and join up years ago.

Congrats to all winners!

good post and congrats :wacko:

Amen to that. I found out about the Huddle after my mother-in-law gave me DMD's book for my birthday over the summer, and my championship this year is all the proof I need. This was my first year at the Huddle - you've put together a premium site. Now, don't go getting all Polian on us.......

Amen to that. I found out about the Huddle after my mother-in-law gave me DMD's book for my birthday over the summer, and my championship this year is all the proof I need. This was my first year at the Huddle - you've put together a premium site. Now, don't go getting all Polian on us.......

Shhhh....don't tell your friends...if they ask how you won, tell them it's an 'Ancient Chinese Secret'.... :wacko:

People dont realize that DMD writes books on many other topics that are truly helpful in life. While I didnt win my leagues this year I have had success conquering a personal problem based on DMD's books. I am not going to hide it anymore . DMD "Living with Manboobs" has personally changed my life forever :wacko: . :unclaspsmanzere:

People dont realize that DMD writes books on many other topics that are truly helpful in life. While I didnt win my leagues this year I have had success conquering a personal problem based on DMD's books. I am not going to hide it anymore . DMD "Living with Manboobs" has personally changed my life forever :D . :unclaspsmanzere:

:D

and here comes the Time Out :wacko:

People dont realize that DMD writes books on many other topics that are truly helpful in life. While I didnt win my leagues this year I have had success conquering a personal problem based on DMD's books. I am not going to hide it anymore . DMD "Living with Manboobs" has personally changed my life forever :D . :unclaspsmanzere:

I'm starting to think that there's really something wrong with you. You can't be this funny and be normal, like Jim Carey-esque. :wacko:

Shhhh....don't tell your friends...if they ask how you won, tell them it's an 'Ancient Chinese Secret'.... :wacko:

Exactly, this site is my best kept fantasy football secret. Quite a conundrum for the growth of the site, it's members don't want to tell their friends about it or they'll lose their advantage.

I'd also like to endorse DMD's book. Before reading DMD's book and joining the Huddle, I usually made the playoffs in my local leagues but never had the whole package. And while I didn't win any championships this year, I made one SB and had competitive teams all around. In fact, I won the SB in my main local the season after I read the book, and I won the SB in my other two locals last year after having not won any SBs in any locals the previous 5+ years (many disappointing playoff losses)...

The advice in DMD's book on creating a LAG analysis is spot on. I couldn't believe how much clearer my drafting strategy was once I followed it. It also made me realize how unprepared everyone else in my local leagues is.

Also kudos for the helpful waiver wire articles... I was able to nab guys like Miles Austin and Justin Forsett before they became household names.

I read the book, too last year and won in 08', then expanded on what I learned and repeated this year. A few Dorey rules that really helped me is: Build a team to start 4-2 or 5-1, then adjust. Start trading depth after week 6 or 7 to improve starters. (this worked wonders for me this year) Landed, R.Rice, Favre, K.Smith before injury to name a few. I couldn't recomend it more. Helps my wife bought it for me for a B-day present, it gives her this false notion that she helped somehow and makes her feel involved. (I already had it and sold it to a freind not in my league!)

What is this book?

The Huddle was very instrumental in some of my key free agent acquisitions that led to my first title in a league I had been trying to win for several years. They also played a big part in me starting Chris Jenkins over Jerome Harrison last week, but hey, nobody's right all of the time

Thanks

Exactly, this site is my best kept fantasy football secret. Quite a conundrum for the growth of the site, it's members don't want to tell their friends about it or they'll lose their advantage.

So true. I don't want any members of my league to find out about The Huddle and I sure as hell don't want them reading DMD's book. It's just our little secret!

Before I buy this book. I have to ask this. All of my leagues are auction leagues. Is this book geared primarily toward draft leagues, as most magazines are, or does it deal more with other aspects than the draft?

Edited by Pirate lookin' at 40

Before I buy this book. I have to ask this. All of my leagues are auction leagues. Is this book geared primarily toward draft leagues, as most magazines are, or does it deal more with other aspects than the draft?

Auctions are nothing more than a way to get pllayers onto rosters. While there is some about draft strategies, it is mostly all about player value and correlates directly to an auction as well.