[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will the Saints Tank?

staniels12

Payton was talking tough a coupla days ago, but now I'm hearing this nonsense about only leaving Brees and the starters in for a series or two. I'd kinda prefer to know whassup, considering three out of my top 5 players for my title game are Brees, Meachem and Vilma. I'm just sayin........

I would be surprised if they tanked at all. Figure they have a week or rest waiting and no team wants to end the regular season playing in three losses and looking worse than ever.

I would be surprised if they tanked at all. Figure they have a week or rest waiting and no team wants to end the regular season playing in three losses and looking worse than ever.

Makes sense to me. I figured for sure they would fire it up, so hopefully somebody's just bah-humbugging to rile up the Saints' owners. Hell, I'd take a full half of the starters from Payton. He'd be a daisy if he did!

.even before they suffered the 2 losses in a row..how many games SHOULD they have lost against horrible teams (atlanta and washington...even the rams played them somewhat close) ....thats not going to fly in the playoffs....i think the saints will be this years carolina panthers ...getting embarrassed in the 2nd round....not sure of the exact matchup breakdowns but right now i love any team that could play then...green bay,dallas,philly,minnesota, arizona( although i think they would matchup best at home against ari)

i really do not think the saints care about this last game, at least not enough to put all their studs out there for very long

I do have Brunell, but I'd prefer not to trot a 39 year-old QB with 1 pass attempt on the season out for all the marbles.
It's better then starting a 24 year old without a single pass attempt EVER in a regular season game.

Report: Brees will be the No. 3 QB on Sunday

Drew Brees - QB - NO - Jan. 1 - 10:08 p.m. ET

Drew Brees will be the No. 3 quarterback on Sunday, coach Sean Payton told Peter King.

If true, this is a complete turnaround from what Payton said the Saints would do all week. It sounds like Payton got scared by the Panthers' hot pass rush. Mark Brunell now appears to be in line to start, with Chase Daniel backing him up. All Saints are suddenly risky options in leagues that extend into Week 17.

Source: Peter King on Twitter

Report: Brees will be the No. 3 QB on Sunday

Drew Brees - QB - NO - Jan. 1 - 10:08 p.m. ET

Drew Brees will be the No. 3 quarterback on Sunday, coach Sean Payton told Peter King.

If true, this is a complete turnaround from what Payton said the Saints would do all week. It sounds like Payton got scared by the Panthers' hot pass rush. Mark Brunell now appears to be in line to start, with Chase Daniel backing him up. All Saints are suddenly risky options in leagues that extend into Week 17.

Source: Peter King on Twitter

Thanks! Luckily my opponent is relying on Brandon Marshall this week and I've got solid options to replace Meachem and Vilma(Sims-Walker and Posluzsny). Gonna be another nail-biter I'm sure. Go get 'em Marky Mark!