[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Scoring Advice

fpuma

Last year was our first year using IDP and we are loving it. While everything is fresh in my mind i am looking for some advise on the scoring setup. Right now we start:

1 DE/DT

1 LB

2 CB/S

With out current scoring setup tackles are .5 point for everyone and you get a 5 point bonus for 10 tackles. I think this is one area that needs changed. The other issue is with DE/DT. This position is virtually noexistent. Guy typically get a couple points and dont have a big impact. I would like to change that. The last thing is for mainly CB/S. When they get an interception they get too many points since they get points for return yardage. So if a guy have an int for 90 yards a team can get 30 points from this position.

What are some of your scoring rules for IDP? What are your starting requirements?

for our content we use a tackle heavy scoring system ....you have to decide if you want a tackle heavy, big play or combo of the two and then go from there...I tend to think more is better with regards to starters...minimally 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB and say a flex or two

I dont want the big play. We kind of have that now and i want to get away from it. I like the idea of adding the flex to IDP. This is the first year we had the offensive flex.

What does your scoring for IDP look like?

I dont want the big play. We kind of have that now and i want to get away from it. I like the idea of adding the flex to IDP. This is the first year we had the offensive flex.

What does your scoring for IDP look like?

* 2 points per solo tackle, 1 points per assisted tackle, 3 points per sack

* 2 points per forced fumble, 2 points per fumble recovery

* 2 points per interception, 1.5 points per pass defensed

* 6 points per touchdown, 2 points per safety

You can tweek it with-in that framework.

Sack 2 to 4

PD- 1

Safety 2 to 4

etc

Starting line-ups

I prefer 3-3-3 w/flex but 2-2-2 is a good start

You could get crazy and go to 11 with DT and CBs mandatory :wacko:

Edited by Zooty