[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McDaniels is a joke

keggerz

I think I am correct in saying that the Broncos are the only team that can actually lose this week and make the playoffs...of course the chances of everything going right for that to happen is slim but not much slimmer than what would have to happen for the Broncos to actually make the playoffs even if they win this game...that leads to the joke part.....of course there is the Brandon Marshall thing but now he has also supposedly told TE Schefler he will not play this week because of his attitude...i have a sneaky suspicion that McDaniels would be singing a different tune if this was a win and in game vs KC

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14106841

I think I am correct in saying that the Broncos are the only team that can actually lose this week and make the playoffs...of course the chances of everything going right for that to happen is slim but not much slimmer than what would have to happen for the Broncos to actually make the playoffs even if they win this game...that leads to the joke part.....of course there is the Brandon Marshall thing but now he has also supposedly told TE Schefler he will not play this week because of his attitude...i have a sneaky suspicion that McDaniels would be singing a different tune if this was a win and in game vs KC

yes but Brandon Marshall is just as much of a joke ,,, very lucky to even be playing this year

They are not a lock if they lose:

CLINCHING SCENARIO: Broncos clinch playoff berth with DEN win + 1) NYJ loss + losses by BAL or PIT, OR 2) NYJ loss + HOU win, OR 3) BAL loss + PIT loss or HOU win. Broncos can clinch berth with DEN loss any combination of losses by 1) PIT + BAL + HOU + JAC, OR 2) PIT + BAL + HOU + NYJ, OR 3) PIT + BAL + JAC + NYJ, OR 4) PIT + HOU + JAC + NYJ, OR 5) MIA + NYJ + BAL + HOU + JAC.

COMMENT: They don't control their destiny. Broncos would lose common opponents tiebreaker to Jets and head-to-head to Baltimore if all three are tied after Week 17.

Edited by Ziachild007

They are not a lock if they lose:

CLINCHING SCENARIO: Broncos clinch playoff berth with DEN win + 1) NYJ loss + losses by BAL or PIT, OR 2) NYJ loss + HOU win, OR 3) BAL loss + PIT loss or HOU win. Broncos can clinch berth with DEN loss any combination of losses by 1) PIT + BAL + HOU + JAC, OR 2) PIT + BAL + HOU + NYJ, OR 3) PIT + BAL + JAC + NYJ, OR 4) PIT + HOU + JAC + NYJ, OR 5) MIA + NYJ + BAL + HOU + JAC.

COMMENT: They don't control their destiny. Broncos would lose common opponents tiebreaker to Jets and head-to-head to Baltimore if all three are tied after Week 17.

i know they aren't a lock....but they are the only team NOT In the playoffs that can get in without winning this weekend...as odd as that may seem.

i know they aren't a lock....but they are the only team NOT In the playoffs that can get in without winning this weekend...as odd as that may seem.

If they lose then 4 other teams must also lose for them to still make the playoffs. I don't see why you are saying they do not have to win. :wacko: For that matter the Jets could still lose and get in the playoffs as well.

If they lose then 4 other teams must also lose for them to still make the playoffs. I don't see why you are saying they do not have to win. :wacko: For that matter the Jets could still lose and get in the playoffs as well.

nope, Jets can't get in if they lose.

If they lose then 4 other teams must also lose for them to still make the playoffs. I don't see why you are saying they do not have to win. :wacko:For that matter the Jets could still lose and get in the playoffs as well.

nope they cant....every team that has a chance to make the playoffs has to win to get in and some need help...that is except the Broncos...if they win they need help but they can also lose and still get in...no other team has that capability.

Agreed. McDanials was hammered before the season started and will probly be in the playoffs. I have no problem with a coach benching primadonnas.

Problem? Would that all coaches had this "problem."

Marshall is a joke, not McD. People had DEN written off as one of the worst teams this year and he's proven them all wrong, playoffs or not.

Problem? Would that all coaches had this "problem."

Marshall is a joke, not McD. People had DEN written off as one of the worst teams this year and he's proven them all wrong, playoffs or not.

The reason I think McD is a joke is because I don't believe he would be deactivating either of these guys if this was a "win and your in" game. He wants to start throwing the "guys have the wrong attitude card" in week 17? Maybe he should have done that 4-5 weeks ago...if it took him that long to come to the conclusion he has guys that aren't taking accountability then maybe he isn't such a good coach...if he is trying to emulate BB then so be it but I sure don't see this as a disciplinary move to better the teams as I do a PR stunt to try and make him look better in the eyes of the fans.

Agreed. McDanials was hammered before the season started and will probly NOT be in the playoffs. I have no problem with a coach benching primadonnas.

fixed (the odds of them getting in are pretty slim)

for the record I have no problem with a coach benching players of any kind but this is more about McD and how he wants to look than anything else, imo

Edited by keggerz

He has to do what he has to do to control his team, week 17 or not. Judging by the talent on the roster versus the record on the season, I would have to say whatever he is implementing is working. The one thing he cannot do is compromise his authority, especially being so young. He seems to have his heart set on making the Broncos perennial contenders. He isn't going to judge his success by whether or not he makes it to the playoffs in his first season. If he believes this will help him reach his ultimate goal, he has to follow his blueprint.

:D

Keg isn't saying they don't have to win, just that they're the only bubble team that could lose and still be mathematically alive. That's it, that's all.

I get that, but if they lose they still have to have two of the other 8-7 teams lose as well. The way Keg made it sound to me was that McDaniels didn't have to worry about winning, so he could bench Marshall and Scheffler and still be guaranteed a playoff spot with a loss. If the Broncos lose, I don't think they will make theplayoffs, so why wouldn't McDaniels want to have his best players out there to get a win. And yes, I was wrong about the Jets. :wacko:

I did find this that is a littlemore clear on what each team needs.

Edited by Ziachild007

Royal is out too?? Uh-oh this might be a tough week.

I understand he is making a point, but to do it at the expense of a playoff spot may not sit well with some.

howbout the fans coughin up the tacos ta see the stars...there better be free beer this weekend :wacko:

Royal is out too?? Uh-oh this might be a tough week.

I understand he is making a point, but to do it at the expense of a playoff spot may not sit well with some.

that is my point....their odds of making the playoffs are about the same no matter if they win or lose this week...i have no problem with a coach putting his foot down but this feels "hollow" to me

If the Jets and Raven's win it doesn't matter at all what the Broncos do now does it. I personally am i huge fan of McDaniels and truely do like what he did with the team. They had an end year collapse...i'm used to seeing such things because i'm a Jet fan but that doesn't change the fact that he basically proved everyone wrong. Nobody gave him or the Bronco team a shot this year.

Broncos clinch playoff berth with DEN win + 1) NYJ loss + losses by BAL or PIT, OR 2) NYJ loss + HOU win, OR 3) BAL loss + PIT loss or HOU win. Broncos can clinch berth with DEN loss any combination of losses by 1) PIT + BAL + HOU + JAC, OR 2) PIT + BAL + HOU + NYJ, OR 3) PIT + BAL + JAC + NYJ, OR 4) PIT + HOU + JAC + NYJ, OR 5) MIA + NYJ + BAL + HOU + JAC.

But hey they got a shot!

:wacko:

Edited by Infinity