[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johnson is a one year wonder.

EDIT: I apologize for my horrible grammatical error. Won = one.

Johnson will have 322 carries to start off with prior to his game against the Seabirds. Fisher already stated that they will help him get the record, but clearly he's become a workhouse running back. I expect his numbers to be far less than last year's. Thoughts?

Edited by JMadden's Bus Driver

A one year wonder in the sense that he may not have quite the numbers he's having tis year? Maybe. But if he has a few hundred less yards rushing and receiving and a few less TDs, he's not a one year wonder nor is he having a "down year". It's extremely tough to repeat a year like this with player changes in the NFL year to year, not to mention the fact that all teams will be game planning for him from week one.

He'll still be my #1 guy in all leagues next year at this point and I will not be the slightest bit disappointed if his numbers drop by 10% to 20%.

Edited by TDFFFreak

CJ 4.24 had 1500 combined yards and 10 TDs last year. I don't think he falls into the "one year wonder" category.

Will he have another (potentially) history making season? Probably not, but that's why they are history making seasons...

Even if he drops back down to the meager 1500 and 10, I'd take it.

The guy has averaged 5.8 yards per carry. He is no flash in the pan or a one year wonder. Now as I preached last summer, Matt Forte had a 3.9 YPC average and actually much lower taking out a couple of uncharacteristic games. He had most his value catching dump off passes and he was in a situation where being a one year wonder could and kind of did happen. But short of injury, Johnson has only gotten better and even pushed LenDale White off the field entirely. His schedule next year will be a factor of course, but he's about the lowest risk back I can think of for next year.

He's had 369 touches, and he only needs 48 more carries to get 370. If they run him a lot this weekend... :wacko:

I just want his talent to be around longer as a partial Titans fan. Fisher might be running him to the ground.

If he's not injured next year, I expect 312 carries for 1,310 yards and 8 touchdowns.

First of all he gets it, stopped eating fast food during the off season last year. Realises how hard he has to work in the off season. Fisher said no one on his team trains harder. I think he missed an entire season of high school ball due to a broken leg so he has a bit less wear on tear on his frame. Didn't East Carolina feature a 2 back system anyway? I think he's the overall #1 in any league types. I wouldn't doubt it if he comes into camp next year 5-10 pounds of muscle heavier. He is just plain awesome. How come he hasn't been given an official nickname yet. He definitely deserves one.

Edited by King Tut

I just think that the carries will catch up to him and the opposers will be stacking up 8 on the box to stop CJ next year. I love the kid, he has a lot of talent but it's a shame it might be short lived because of how much he's used.

:wacko: then they will just dump it off to him in space and he will glide his way to paydirt! The only thing that will slow this guy down is an injury! My opinion on this prediction CMON MAN! :D Welcome to the huddle rook!

Running backs that are overused tend to have short careers (ie Earl).

Well which is it one year wonder(which is already false as he's had 2 good years already) or short career? You originally asked if he'd be a one year wonder? :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

He's had 369 touches, and he only needs 48 more carries to get 370. If they run him a lot this weekend... :wacko:

I just want his talent to be around longer as a partial Titans fan. Fisher might be running him to the ground.

If he's not injured next year, I expect 312 carries for 1,310 yards and 8 touchdowns.

ya but u forgot the 40 catches for 600 yds and 4 scores :D Unless of course u think he won't catch any passes next year! :D

Running backs that are overused tend to have short careers (ie Earl).

If by Earl you mean Campbell then your comparison isn't even in the same universe. Earl was a big, physical runner who could no doubt outrun people but quite often trucked people while knocking himself silly and still managed something like 4-5 seasons of 1,300-1,400 yds. Earl Cambell to Chris Johnson is about as apples to oranges as you can get.