[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Question for IDP

In one of my Dynasty Leagues, we have several new owners (me being one of them), we are doing a redraft. There are 12 teams, 5 new (53 man rosters, IDP, no PPR). The 5 new teams are putting all the players back in a FA pool (the 7 previous owners are keeping their teams) and drafting 54 rds. The additional round is for a Rookie Draft Package. The question is... where would you feel you would draft the Rookie Draft Package (you could draft it anywhere from the 1st rd thru 54th rd) and which Package is best (my obvious thought is Package 3)? My biggest question is when should I start looking at picking the Rookie Draft Package?

Picks - Overall

Package 1

2.3 - 15

3.3 - 27

4.3 - 39

5.3 - 51

6.3 - 63

Package 2

1.9 - 9

4.6 - 42

Package 3

1.3 - 3

1.11 - 11

2.5 - 17

2.11 - 23

3.11 - 35

4.11 - 47

5.11 - 59

6.11 - 71

Package 4

1.1 - 1

2.1 - 13

3.1 - 25

4.1 - 37

5.1 - 49

6.1 - 61

Package 5

1.2 - 2

2.4 - 16

3.4 - 28

4.4 - 40

5.4 - 52

6.4 - 64

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by scotth36

We have 5 new teams in our Dynasty IDP league (12 team league). The league has been around for 6 yrs. When there is ever more than one new owner takes over a team, they redraft players. They put all the players from the new owners team in a Free agency pool and redraft.

Here is the official ruling:

If more than one vacancy occurs during the offseason, the players on the vacated teams will be placed in the free agency pool. The newly selected owners will have their own 53 round draft using the free agency pool. At the end of every season if one or more owners are added at the end of the season, any other replacement owners from the league may choose to join the Replacement Owners Draft. Post-season new owners must participate in the draft if any other replacement owner is involved. If a replacement owner from earlier in the year chooses not to participate they no longer have the right to draft in future Replacement Owners Drafts. This rule only applies when more than one team is vacated during the same period of time in the offseason. After the Replacement Owners Draft, free agency would again be opened to the rest of the league. Draft picks for the coming rookie draft may be combined into equitable packages and offered as a single draft pick in the ROD. The ROD will include 54 rounds to allow for the incorporation of the rookie draft packages.

As an example if i had 1st overall pick of the 5 new teams in the redraft, I could pick Adrian Peterson in the 1st rd, Reggie Wayne the 2nd rd, the Rookie Draft package the 3rd rd, Wes Welker the 4th rd, and so on. I hope this clarifies it some or did i make it more confusing?

We have 5 new teams in our Dynasty IDP league (12 team league). The league has been around for 6 yrs. When there is ever more than one new owner takes over a team, they redraft players. They put all the players from the new owners team in a Free agency pool and redraft.

Here is the official ruling:

If more than one vacancy occurs during the offseason, the players on the vacated teams will be placed in the free agency pool. The newly selected owners will have their own 53 round draft using the free agency pool. At the end of every season if one or more owners are added at the end of the season, any other replacement owners from the league may choose to join the Replacement Owners Draft. Post-season new owners must participate in the draft if any other replacement owner is involved. If a replacement owner from earlier in the year chooses not to participate they no longer have the right to draft in future Replacement Owners Drafts. This rule only applies when more than one team is vacated during the same period of time in the offseason. After the Replacement Owners Draft, free agency would again be opened to the rest of the league. Draft picks for the coming rookie draft may be combined into equitable packages and offered as a single draft pick in the ROD. The ROD will include 54 rounds to allow for the incorporation of the rookie draft packages.

As an example if i had 1st overall pick of the 5 new teams in the redraft, I could pick Adrian Peterson in the 1st rd, Reggie Wayne the 2nd rd, the Rookie Draft package the 3rd rd, Wes Welker the 4th rd, and so on. I hope this clarifies it some or did i make it more confusing?

more confusing but I'm bored so I figured it out.

I guess its really hard to say without knowing who is available in your vet draft. IMO once you see all the top tier guys (tier 1, not tier 1 and 2) go I would draft my "rookie picks". So assuming about 2 studs per team (only counting QB, RB, WR, TE and LB), I would look to take the "rookie draft" between picks 9 and 12 depending on where you pick, guys you covet in the vet draft, etc.

As far as the rookie draft: I like package 2, 4 and 5 in that order. I think it would be a huge mistake to miss out on of those 3. Other than that, the rookie are still up in the air till the draft actually occurs.

Edited by Zooty