[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just made my first quiche...

Robash

and it was fricking delicious.

anyways It was pretty much as healthy as you could get and I couldn't even taste the healthiness. I use grated potatoes that I browned then pressed to the bottom of a 9" pie pan for my own hash brown crust. Used the butter flavored cooking spray on the pan and on top of the potatoes then baked at 425 for 20 minutes. then mixed 6 eggs worth of eggbeaters with chopped green onion stems, diced tomoatoes, turkey bacon and lowfat shredded cheese to a mixture off mushrooms, the chopped up green onion bulbs, minced garlic, baby spinach, and green peppers sauteed in olive oil and I can't believe its not butter. poured all that over my "crust" and baked it at 350 for 27ish minutes. came out really good and far as I can tell a pretty healthy breakfest.

anyone else a quiche fan with a good recipe?

and it was fricking delicious.

anyways It was pretty much as healthy as you could get and I couldn't even taste the healthiness. I use grated potatoes that I browned then pressed to the bottom of a 9" pie pan for my own hash brown crust. Used the butter flavored cooking spray on the pan and on top of the potatoes then baked at 425 for 20 minutes. then mixed 6 eggs worth of eggbeaters with chopped green onion stems, diced tomoatoes, turkey bacon and lowfat shredded cheese to a mixture off mushrooms, the chopped up green onion bulbs, minced garlic, baby spinach, and green peppers sauteed in olive oil and I can't believe its not butter. poured all that over my "crust" and baked it at 350 for 27ish minutes. came out really good and far as I can tell a pretty healthy breakfest.

anyone else a quiche fan with a good recipe?

I usually wrap a slab of ribs around my quiche.

method is right on skip. i go with cream or 1/2 & 1/2. mix that together.

flavor combos:

- tomato, basil, garlic (shreaded mozz or fontina)

- spinach, chevre or feta

- onion, bacon (shreaded cheddar or gouda....or asadero)

- carmelized onion (blue or gorgonzola)

- prosciutto with shaved parm

- grand marinier, cheddar, broccoli :wacko:

I was very close to doing a quiche writeup for one of my blogs. Some are good, others don't make me go wow. Like Bier says, once you have the basic filling down, you can pretty much add any flavor combination that you like.