[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice day for Big 10 football

BS Miscreant

I've learned to just enjoy the moment. There are no "I told you so's" coming from me, other than simply saying to all that college football is cyclical. There will be ups and downs, and it's constantly changing. Look no further than Florida State and Miami. If you told me at the beginning of last decade that they would be struggling to be bowl eligable, I woulda laughed in your face.

I've learned to just enjoy the moment. There are no "I told you so's" coming from me, other than simply saying to all that college football is cyclical. There will be ups and downs, and it's constantly changing. Look no further than Florida State and Miami. If you told me at the beginning of last decade that they would be struggling to be bowl eligable, I woulda laughed in your face.

great post. +1

Hard to argue that the top of the Big 10 can play with the top of the Pac 10, SEC or other, Iowa should win as well.

I don't know where you are coming from on this one?? :wacko: just why SHOULD Iowa win as well?? :D

It should be a close game, but I'd give the edge to Tech.

Edited by millerx

Gonna be a tough game, but Michigan State has played in some nail biters this year. I'll be rooting on the Spartans to keep this Big Ten Roll going . Iowa and GT is a tough game for me to judge. I just have not watched GT enough. Iowa has a pretty good qb for the future though.

Edited by sacosud

I don't know where you are come from on this one?? :wacko: just why SHOULD Iowa win as well?? :why:

Iowa is a good Big 10 team, Big 10 teams are built to stop the run as they face more teams that run vs. those that run a spread offense or pass first. GT is a very good running team, I think Iowa can stop them from running, if they do, they win, if not well, we will see. Plus they play very well in Bowl games, beat LSU, SC, Florida and lost by only 2 to Tex and 7 to Florida in the last few years.

As has been the case all year, if Iowa's defensive line shows up and disrupts, theres not a team in america Iowa can't hang with. To give you an idea of how good Iowa's defense is... our QB leads the nation in INT's, and still Iowa managed to go 10-2. GT is favored, but that's certainly nothing new. Iowa has been a dog against Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State, and went 3-1 against those teams. I'm certainly not underestimating Tech. They are no joke, and are a unique offense that Iowa hasn't seen. That's why I say, Iowa's front 4 need to be dominant again like they have for the majority of the year particularly in their bigger wins against Arizona, Penn State, and Wisconsin. In those games, Iowa lived and died by the front 4 on defense.

Interesting that Bill Parcells came and talked to the Hawk players earlier this week, and advised them to make their adjustments now, because you can't underestimate a team like Georgia Tech. Believe me, teams underestimate Iowa in bowl games before, and the shoe is on the other foot. Thinking back to when Iowa throttled Florida a few years ago 37-17, and a Florida player said something to the effect of "We knew they were big, but we didn't know they were fast."

Personally I don't see how either of these teams can under estimate the other. They are ranked #9 and #10. On paper it should be pretty even.

I don't know where you are coming from on this one?? :wacko: just why SHOULD Iowa win as well?? :D

Know where I am coming from after the first half of football? You were right, close game....but.......

Iowa is a good Big 10 team, Big 10 teams are built to stop the run as they face more teams that run vs. those that run a spread offense or pass first. GT is a very good running team, I think Iowa can stop them from running, if they do, they win, if not well, we will see. Plus they play very well in Bowl games, beat LSU, SC, Florida and lost by only 2 to Tex and 7 to Florida in the last few years.

GT 0 for 3 passing for zero yards.......49 total yards, one....ONE first down in the 1st half. 14-7 game on a pick six that should have been a Pass Interference....still a half of football to go, but right now it is going as expected

Know where I am coming from after the first half of football? You were right, close game....but.......

GT 0 for 3 passing for zero yards.......49 total yards, one....ONE first down in the 1st half. 14-7 game on a pick six that should have been a Pass Interference....still a half of football to go, but right now it is going as expected

Definitely give the Iowa D credit, they were awesome in the first half. A little different story in the 2nd half as GT started to move the ball some, but I think this was won in the 1st half. I wasn't shocked by the outcome, I just thought your original statement that Iowa would win was a little like it was written in stone. In games like these where you have two teams that only have one side of the ball that is dominant (i.e. defense vs. offense) and the other side the team is suspect... it is usually up to "will" of those players to make it happen. Iowa showed more "will" to win.

BTW, the GT interception for a touchdown wasn't close to being interference, nice reach though.

Definitely give the Iowa D credit, they were awesome in the first half. A little different story in the 2nd half as GT started to move the ball some, but I think this was won in the 1st half. I wasn't shocked by the outcome, I just thought your original statement that Iowa would win was a little like it was written in stone. In games like these where you have two teams that only have one side of the ball that is dominant (i.e. defense vs. offense) and the other side the team is suspect... it is usually up to "will" of those players to make it happen. Iowa showed more "will" to win.

BTW, the GT interception for a touchdown wasn't close to being interference, nice reach though.

Where did you read that I said Iowa "would" win? I stated they "should" win to reinforce my point that the top of the Big Ten, could play with most of the best teams in other conferences.....which after tonight I think is spot on.

Which side of the ball is GT "dominant" on? It can't be offense, they can't even complete a pass, granite they have a nice running attack, but I think they average less than 7 completions a game

Where did you read that I said Iowa "would" win? I stated they "should" win to reinforce my point that the top of the Big Ten, could play with most of the best teams in other conferences.....which after tonight I think is spot on.

Which side of the ball is GT "dominant" on? It can't be offense, they can't even complete a pass, granite they have a nice running attack, but I think they average less than 7 completions a game

Okay. correction... I just thought your original statement that Iowa SHOULD win was a little like it was written in stone. And I give props to the Iowa D.

Say what you want, but I would call this a dominant offense:

* The Yellow Jackets boast the nation's second-best rushing attack at 307.2 yards per game and an offensive unit that puts up 442.7 total yards each time out, which ranked 11th in the country

* Tech ranked 11th nationally in scoring offense (35.3)

*Yellow Jackets have posted 30 points or more on nine occasions this season

* Georgia Tech led the country in time of possession (34:17)

* Despite not having to go to the air very often - 159 attempts in 13 games - Georgia Tech can strike at anytime, having completed 11 passes of 50 yards or longer and averaging 23.2 yards per completion.

*Completed 11 passes of 50 yards or longer and averaging 23.2 yards per completion. The GT passing attack ranked eighth nationally in efficiency (157.4)

As has been the case all year, if Iowa's defensive line shows up and disrupts, theres not a team in america Iowa can't hang with. To give you an idea of how good Iowa's defense is... our QB leads the nation in INT's, and still Iowa managed to go 10-2. GT is favored, but that's certainly nothing new. Iowa has been a dog against Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State, and went 3-1 against those teams. I'm certainly not underestimating Tech. They are no joke, and are a unique offense that Iowa hasn't seen. That's why I say, Iowa's front 4 need to be dominant again like they have for the majority of the year particularly in their bigger wins against Arizona, Penn State, and Wisconsin. In those games, Iowa lived and died by the front 4 on defense.

Interesting that Bill Parcells came and talked to the Hawk players earlier this week, and advised them to make their adjustments now, because you can't underestimate a team like Georgia Tech. Believe me, teams underestimate Iowa in bowl games before, and the shoe is on the other foot. Thinking back to when Iowa throttled Florida a few years ago 37-17, and a Florida player said something to the effect of "We knew they were big, but we didn't know they were fast."

Personally I don't see how either of these teams can under estimate the other. They are ranked #9 and #10. On paper it should be pretty even.

Like I said, if the defensive line plays well, Iowa should win. MVP: Adrian Clayborn. Clayborn would've been a consensus All American if he played for Alabama or Texas or Florida, or even Ohio State. I'm very glad he's gonna be back next year.

Great defensive performance. They had a gameplan to stop the option attack, and the executed (theres that word again) it. The stats don't lie. GT had 14 3 and outs all year long, tonight they had 5, almost half in 1 game vs Iowa that they did all year long. Just a dominating effort, and I'm very proud of my Hawkeyes, and am excited about what the future might hold. We'll have some big holes to fill next year at linebacker, with both Angrerer and Edds gone, but Iowa has recruited pretty well at this position, and when you have the type of front 4 that Iowa has, it makes the jobs of the linebackers that much easier. Pick 6 aside (Ricky being Ricky) Stanzi pretty much solidified his spot as QB1 going into next year. There were some rumblings that Vandenburg should be given the chance to compete for it, particularly after his impressive performance at Ohio State. Vandy has more raw talent, but it's hard to ignore the intangibles that Ricky Stanzi has. He's a great leader that the team just gets drawn to. He has the "it" factor. I dunno, I'm just excited about the future of the team, and it's nice to be on the big stage and get a win.

Like I said, if the defensive line plays well, Iowa should win. MVP: Adrian Clayborn. Clayborn would've been a consensus All American if he played for Alabama or Texas or Florida, or even Ohio State. I'm very glad he's gonna be back next year.

Great defensive performance. They had a gameplan to stop the option attack, and the executed (theres that word again) it. The stats don't lie. GT had 14 3 and outs all year long, tonight they had 5, almost half in 1 game vs Iowa that they did all year long. Just a dominating effort, and I'm very proud of my Hawkeyes, and am excited about what the future might hold. We'll have some big holes to fill next year at linebacker, with both Angrerer and Edds gone, but Iowa has recruited pretty well at this position, and when you have the type of front 4 that Iowa has, it makes the jobs of the linebackers that much easier. Pick 6 aside (Ricky being Ricky) Stanzi pretty much solidified his spot as QB1 going into next year. There were some rumblings that Vandenburg should be given the chance to compete for it, particularly after his impressive performance at Ohio State. Vandy has more raw talent, but it's hard to ignore the intangibles that Ricky Stanzi has. He's a great leader that the team just gets drawn to. He has the "it" factor. I dunno, I'm just excited about the future of the team, and it's nice to be on the big stage and get a win.

Congrats on the big win!! Your boys looked very, very good last night, already looking forward to seeing them line up against OSU next year, should be a fun game to watch!!

Is this a huddle-ism I am not famliar with? If not, can it be a new one?