[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sugar Bowl Thread

Chief Dick

Yikes...

Could've been Florida-TCU. At the very least, the Horned Frogs would have put up a better fight than what the Bearcats are giving them.

Maybe. Their schedule wasn't the toughest in the whole wide world either.

Edited by BeeR

Yea, they could have been exposed too. I just think with their defense, it wouldn't have been as bad as this.
It's hard to believe that TCU could have done worse than the Bearcats.

Likely true on both counts.

And a prime example of why I'm really sick of teams getting ranked highly with a glittery record due to playing in the weaker conferences. Or what I call the "BYU Syndrome" (so named for them being the weakest ever "champ" in 83 thx to an undefeated season playing a ridiculously weak schedule)

Or what I call the "BYU Syndrome" (so named for them being the weakest ever "champ" in 83 thx to an undefeated season playing a ridiculously weak schedule)

While I agree totally with your feelings regarding BYU's "championship", I feel this is a very different situation. BYU as the WAC champ, I believe was locked into the Holiday Bowl back in the old days and other bowls chose more marketable teams while the Holiday Bowl chose TV darling Michigan who was unfortunately 6-5 that year. This is a whole nother ball o wax. My concern for this game was that Florida was significantly more battle tested as well as athletically superior and because of this I expected them to win this game. However, the Bearcats are not this bad. This is just another example of what some bowl games end up being. Some thought UFs motivation might be down due to no championship game-itis but it may just be that Cincy was a bit let down by the fact that they went unbeaten in a BCS conference and now get to play for nothing in the current system... and it just might be that losing your coach with whom the players were very close could also have had a negative effect on the team.

Quite simply, I will never sit here and say the Big East is near the conference the SEC is but having watched both teams play several games this year I can say that the Gators are not this much better than the Bearcats.

And the truth is I was looking forward to this game and I am deeply disappointed that it's this bad.