[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welker Hurt Knee

Kansas State 2000

Yep. Season over.

Man that sucks. Wasn't really even hit, but like KS2K said, just planted funny. Just goes to show you that it can happen to any player at any time. Colts fans take notice.

That's why you rest your starters.

:wacko:

Eh, crumbling with an apparently major injury because he stepped wrong can be argued EITHER way. Could have happened on the practice field, so unless you're advocating wrapping key players up in bubble-wrap until the first playoff game, I'm not buying it.

Eh, crumbling with an apparently major injury because he stepped wrong can be argued EITHER way. Could have happened on the practice field, so unless you're advocating wrapping key players up in bubble-wrap until the first playoff game, I'm not buying it.

+1

That's why if I was a HC and was questioned about sitting players I'd have a go suckit response.

That's why you rest your starters.
Resting/sitting starters usually means they start but are pulled quite early...but usually not until after the first series so that guys don't get rusty and keep their starts statistics going. Welker was injured on the 4th play. If you go with the Colts modus operandi starters would still be in even then. If a team's management is going to argue that they need to protect players, I'll expect to see the QB take a knee on the first play and then call a time out to get the 2nd string guys in there and not even play a series, let alone a quarter.

The point is, the more you play, the greater your chance of getting hurt. You can spin it however you want, but if Welker sits today, he plays next week in the playoffs.

Ah, but there's the rub. The Colts didn't sit their guys, they played them and then sat them. As someone else mentioned, by Polian and the Colt's brilliant strategy, Welker still gets hurt. Play or sit can be defended either way, but play THEN sit just seems stupid. Is the fourth quarter more dangerous than the first?

You can't have zero live game action for a month, and not come out rusty. So they have to play some.

Surely playing LESS plays reduces the chance of injury.

And Manning's passes today were almost all quick dump-offs and screens.

Edited by CaptainHook