[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Economy taking it's toll on FF?

Shorttynaz

So last week I secured the points championship. I won $400.

The league commissioner has taken 2 pay cuts at work, and is now being paid by cash advances by his employer as his company is hanging on by a thread. He has been living off of the "entry fee's" that were paid to him when the season began. He contacted me and let me know that he can pay me $100 now, $100 over the next few weeks in "installments" and then will count the $200 towards his entry fee's next season.

My options are very limited. My other option was to take the $300 over the period of about 2 months (again in installments).

Edited by Shorttynaz

So last week I secured the points championship. I won $400.

The league commissioner has taken 2 pay cuts at work, and is now being paid by cash advances by his employer as his company is hanging on by a thread. He has been living off of the "entry fee's" that were paid to him when the season began. He contacted me and let me know that he can pay me $100 now, $100 over the next few weeks in "installments" and then will count the $200 towards his entry fee's next season.

My options are very limited. My other option was to take the $300 over the period of about 2 months (again in installments).

Nope. Given that situation, I'd doubt there is a "next season" and there certainly won't be $2,400 if he's pulling the same stroke of retaining entry fees with everyone. Get as much as you can immediately.

While I understand that he is in a bind - use the $$ or lose his apartment (or power & water) - what can I do? He was extremely embarassed to tell me as he was trying to find ways to come up with the money. He sold his TV on craigslist as well as his iPod, but he's just not making ends meet. He understands my situation as I'm out of work as well and can definitely use the $$, but what can you do?

I just told him to pay me when he can and count the balance towards the fee's next season.

Nope. Given that situation, I'd doubt there is a "next season" and there certainly won't be $2,400 if he's pulling the same stroke of retaining entry fees with everyone. Get as much as you can immediately.

Yep ... even if there is a next season, it can't be with this guy as commish ... while I feel for someone that's taken pay cuts / living apparently hand to mouth / working for a firm that is about to flounder, etc ... I think you take what you can get, give the guy a chance to pay in installments, and be as 'happy' as you can that you are at least getting some of the winnings that you earned rather than getting hosed altogether.

NO ONE in the league knows of this as he's only told the winner of the league as he's owed $600. The loser of the championship was paid $200 as he dind't want EVERYONE to know about it.

It's a sticky situation as the commissioner is in fact embarassed and doesn't want anyone in the league to know of this (that doesn't have to know), and NO, no one in the league uses this site or the forum(s).

I do trust him as he is very honest and do believe that there will be a next season. Guess I'm taking a gamble.

This hits close to home for me.

I am treasurer for a BoTH league and keep the money aside, IN CASH, to pay out the winners. I took a leap of faith towards a dream job back in July. Moved 900 miles away and everything went to crap in a hurry. Money was running out and I was very unsure of what my next move was. I laid awake many nights knowing that the measly $600 I had set aside for the league would pay a couple of bills but i just couldn't do it.

I made a move 900 miles back to the job I had that paid my bills rather than spend my leagues funds!

There is never an excuse to spend other peoples money. EVER!

I think you should put playing for next season on hold for right now. I understand that he's in a sticky situation, and we all want to be humane, but he took money that wasn't his to take. That's reason enough for there to be a new commissioner. If you continue with this league, perhaps you should use leaguesafe.

It's tough. Obviously I want the money. I've known this guy for 10 years now - and do trust him. Maybe I'm too trustworthy. But what can I do? Can't really be a dik cause he's got his back against the wall. However, I too have a need for the cabbage.

Anyway, not trying to defend him - but what can I do? I'm not gonna go and take out his kneecaps cause he needed a way to keep a roof over his head. Not the best way to do it though.

He did tell me that he's been looking for a part time job - but he's running into the same problem I am. While I am completely out of work I can't find a job to save my life.

NO ONE in the league knows of this as he's only told the winner of the league as he's owed $600. The loser of the championship was paid $200 as he dind't want EVERYONE to know about it.

It's a sticky situation as the commissioner is in fact embarassed and doesn't want anyone in the league to know of this (that doesn't have to know), and NO, no one in the league uses this site or the forum(s).

I do trust him as he is very honest and do believe that there will be a next season. Guess I'm taking a gamble.

It really comes down to how bad you need your $$$ and how good of a friend he is to you.......If he were a good friend I would tell him not to worry about and consider it a gift..but at the same time not get back into that league again.......That is just me though, you have to do what you feel is right, If he is that bad off.....I don't know... :wacko:

It really comes down to how bad you need your $$$ and how good of a friend he is to you.......If he were a good friend I would tell him not to worry about and consider it a gift..but at the same time not get back into that league again.......That is just me though, you have to do what you feel is right, If he is that bad off.....I don't know... :wacko:

He's a good friend - but it's definitely not a gift. If he doesn't run a league again next season or pay me my $300 owed, well then I was a friend worth losing over $300 I guess..

Edited by Shorttynaz

He's a good friend - but it's definitely not a gift. If he doesn't run a league again next season or pay me my $300 owed, well then I was a friend worth losing over $300 I guess..

I understand where your coming from.....But I have lost friends over a couple hundred dollars that I wish now I would have handled differently....just a bit of advice from another direction man...Circumstances can be a bitch

I understand where your coming from.....But I have lost friends over a couple hundred dollars that I wish now I would have handled differently....just a bit of advice from another direction man...Circumstances can be a bitch

Indeed

He understands my situation as I'm out of work as well and can definitely use the $$, but what can you do?

You are out of work and spending money on FF? Not trying to sound like your mother but maybe you should rethink what you spend your money on next season?

Just saying...

You are out of work and spending money on FF? Not trying to sound like your mother but maybe you should rethink what you spend your money on next season?

Just saying...

Next season being the key term. We don't draft until the last weekend in August. I'm just saying - right now, what are my other options?

Whole situation sucks.... Not alot you can do but hope for the best. I had a sticky situation a few years back in my league. I put all the entry league funds into one of our secondary savings accounts and my wife used almost all the funds to buy Christmas gifts and to pay some bills. She claimed I never told her they were for FF. Was a pretty lean month of January around our house! Now I keep a fantasy account at a separate bank.