[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Matt Millen shouldnt be allowed near a football.

bpwallace49

Daniel Bullocks (2006) is on Detroit's IR. Other than that, Sims is it.

So that's about 35 picks all told? Several others are elsewhere though.

Dan Orlovsky (2005) in Houston, Roy Williams (2004) in Dallas and Andre Goodman (2002) in Denver are the only ones of which I am aware. So that's 5 players in 5 years.

And some are actually good . . like Shaun Rodgers.

Rodgers was drafted in 2001. I suppose that you could say that Goodman was a good pick. The jury is still out on Sims. And Williams is not worth the #7 pick in the draft.

But the Lions couldnt hold on to them either, or got rid of them. Horrible personnell evaluation and development

That's not accurate. I don't recall the circumstances surrounding Goodman's departure. Orlovsky wanted a boatload of money and the Lions made a prudent decision in letting him walk. How has that signing worked out Houston? They paid him a ridiculous amount of money - $9 million for 3 years - and Rex Grossman beat him out as Schaub's backup). The Williams trade was a good move on Detroit's part.

The Lions will feel the repurcussions of Millen's incompetence for two more years. :wacko:

Of all the Lions draft picks between 2002-2006 . . . only ONE player is still on the team.

Ernie Sims . . . :wacko:

I'm curious to see what the same time period for other bad teams looks like, or even for the league in general. I don't think it will be that bad...but it may also be surprising how bad other teams are as well.

I'm curious to see what the same time period for other bad teams looks like, or even for the league in general. I don't think it will be that bad...but it may also be surprising how bad other teams are as well.

Well, GB's drafts from '02-06, off the top of my head:

Pre-Thompson - Nick Barnett is still with the team; Aaron Kampman and Scott Wells are still with the team, though Kampman is on his way out.

05 - Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, and Brady Poppinga are still with the team

06 - AJ Hawk, Darren Colledge, and Johnny Jolly are on the team. Jason Spitz and Will Blackmon are on IR.

That's a total of 8 active and 3 IR'ed players for GB from that span.