[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys MUD STOMP Philly

Cowboyz1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Choice left with a concussion, Newman was gimpy.

As Romo said in a postgame interview "I'm sure we're gonna see every blitz ever invented next week." :wacko: Anyone else find it odd that Philly did'nt blitz much today? You can bet they will next week.

Philly wr's dropped alot of balls today that I have a hard time believing they'll drop 2 games in a row. McNabb missed some wide open guys today too.

Forgive me if I'm not as giddy about facing this team again next week as Cowboyz1.

As Romo said in a postgame interview "I'm sure we're gonna see every blitz ever invented next week." :wacko: Anyone else find it odd that Philly did'nt blitz much today? You can bet they will next week.

Philly wr's dropped alot of balls today that I have a hard time believing they'll drop 2 games in a row. McNabb missed some wide open guys today too.Forgive me if I'm not as giddy about facing this team again next week as Cowboyz1.

These were terrific points. McNabb missed a WIDE OPEN D Jax running behind our secondary that had he hit him, surely would've been a TD and I believe at that point, would've meant a tie game. I watched Maclin, D. Jax and Avant all drop key passes as well. I also kept waiting for the house blitzes or schemes that would confuse our front and cause erratic passes/turn-overs. I expect we'll see a boatload of those next Sunday.

I respect everything you said, Whomp, and you're right, there are a lot of Cowboy haters out there. I'm not one of them, but I know there are lots. It's just the "the sky is falling!" one week followed by the "we're the greatest team in the history of the world" crap that gets a little old. All that said, no one wants to face the 'Boys in the playoffs right now. F'Real.

I call caca de vaca, no where will you find me stating either of these two statements. That is exactly the problem with some of these posts. I post my opinions about my team like everyone else on this board, I state what I think. I challage you to find anywhere I said the Cowboys are the greatest team in history or even eluted to that notion. I also b..tch about my team just like everyone else when they make stupid mistakes, but unlike many of my Cowboy brethren and other teams fans, I stick by my team win or lose. I have shown I am willing to take a shot to give one. I am not hard to find. What more could you ask for in a fellow fan or rival. I am here win or lose since the inception of this board.

I am proud of our franchise, so what. I don't perticularly like our Owner, although he does do everything in his power to put talent on the field which is more then I can say for many owners in the league. I love our coach and the way they have found talent and developed it into Pro Bowl caliber players. The Cowboys haven't won anything in over 10 years so saying that we think they are the Greatest team in the World is just plain wrong. We have a storied franchise and that's about it. We have lost big and won big but don't tell me my post is out of order because it's not. I'm just excited about my football team and so what. I have every right to be, as what the heck have I had to be excited about in the last decade?

There is nothing in this post that isn't being played out in the bars, stadiums and homes of rival fans all over the world and of every team. So to single out the Cowboys and their fans is bogus. Yeah there are some obnoxious fans out their but I don't at all concider myself one of them. I just pound my chest when I think we have done something and take my shots when we don't. So what's so wrong with that? Fact is, if we lose next week, I will be here to take everything that this board has to dish out and then some, but if we win, I will be the only one here that said what I thought before it happened thus earning the right to back my $hit up and not waiting for it to happen and jump on the bandwagon. In essense, I want to call what I see and see it validated on the field.

These were terrific points. McNabb missed a WIDE OPEN D Jax running behind our secondary that had he hit him, surely would've been a TD and I believe at that point, would've meant a tie game. I watched Maclin, D. Jax and Avant all drop key passes as well. I also kept waiting for the house blitzes or schemes that would confuse our front and cause erratic passes/turn-overs. I expect we'll see a boatload of those next Sunday.

I also saw a lot of Witten uncovered and one on one when they did blitz and didn't make them pay. They will next week and Austin will go deep. If they Blitz they will pay next week, with Felix on the dump off and Austin on the slant. They tried to play coverage today and that didn't work, neither will Blitzing next week. They just don't have the speed in the secondary to play man to man. Romo is not the same QB they can just Blitz to death and pick off. That is the difference this year. On that 3rd and two, Romo didn't look to Austin who was being given 15 yards, that will be seen on film and exploited next week. I also don't think Philly has the horses up front any more to stop our young pass rush all game nor do I think their D line will hold up to our O line. Today was very telling and Philly will have to change their strips next week to win, which I don't think a team can.

I call caca de vaca, no where will you find me stating either of these two statements. That is exactly the problem with some of these posts. I post my opinions about my team like everyone else on this board, I state what I think. I challage you to find anywhere I said the Cowboys are the greatest team in history or even eluted to that notion. I also b..tch about my team just like everyone else when they make stupid mistakes, but unlike many of my Cowboy brethren and other teams fans, I stick by my team win or lose. I have shown I am willing to take a shot to give one. I am not hard to find. What more could you ask for in a fellow fan or rival. I am here win or lose since the inception of this board.

I am proud of our franchise, so what. I don't perticularly like our Owner, although he does do everything in his power to put talent on the field which is more then I can say for many owners in the league. I love our coach and the way they have found talent and developed it into Pro Bowl caliber players. The Cowboys haven't won anything in over 10 years so saying that we think they are the Greatest team in the World is just plain wrong. We have a storied franchise and that's about it. We have lost big and won big but don't tell me my post is out of order because it's not. I'm just excited about my football team and so what. I have every right to be, as what the heck have I had to be excited about in the last decade?

There is nothing in this post that isn't being played out in the bars, stadiums and homes of rival fans all over the world and of every team. So to single out the Cowboys and their fans is bogus. Yeah there are some obnoxious fans out their but I don't at all concider myself one of them. I just pound my chest when I think we have done something and take my shots when we don't. So what's so wrong with that? Fact is, if we lose next week, I will be here to take everything that this board has to dish out and then some, but if we win, I will be the only one here that said what I thought before it happened thus earning the right to back my $hit up and not waiting for it to happen and jump on the bandwagon. In essense, I want to call what I see and see it validated on the field.

:D chapter 12 coming next? Why don't ya just write a book to make your points! You're probably half way there by now! Probably won't make the best seller list though! :wacko:

Ok, let's have it, what is the Etiquette on posting when your team kicks the crap out of your rival? Let's get this cleared up. I am curious.

What is the proper way to beat down your rival after a glorious Win at home on this board. Just so I know next time and avoid getting labeled a _________ (fill in your adjective) Cowboys fan.

Maybe this deserves it's own post.....................Mehhhhhhh

Edited by Cowboyz1

As Romo said in a postgame interview "I'm sure we're gonna see every blitz ever invented next week." :D Anyone else find it odd that Philly did'nt blitz much today? You can bet they will next week.

Philly wr's dropped alot of balls today that I have a hard time believing they'll drop 2 games in a row. McNabb missed some wide open guys today too.

Forgive me if I'm not as giddy about facing this team again next week as Cowboyz1.

That never happens 2 games in a row. :wacko:

Does anyone actually read the posts? :D

Not after the 1st. The rest are just a repeat.

TLDR

That never happens 2 games in a row. :wacko:

The Drops, I only counted 3 that where dropped and the others were due to coverage, and even if they caught those balls they still have to make another play except for the one to DJ. Besides that they still have to stop Dallas and I don't see that happening with their LB's banged up and getting dominated on the line.

Ok, let's have it, what is the Etiquette on posting when your team kicks the crap out of your rival? Let's get this cleared up. I am curious.

What is the proper way to beat down your rival after a glorious Win at home on this board. Just so I know next time and avoid getting labeled a _________ (fill in your adjective) Cowboys fan.

Just like all these young kids these days who celebrate every little play in the game; Some would say act like you been there before! I don't always follow that advice but hey maybe this is one of those times to do so :wacko:

Just like all these young kids these days who celebrate every little play in the game; Some would say act like you been there before! I don't always follow that advice but hey maybe this is one of those times to do so :wacko:

Come on, we haven't been there before. This is new territory. I don't think we have ever shut out the Eagles especially when there is a lot on the line, like the Division Title. Had we have won by a touchdown or something fine but shutting out the Eagles 24-0 and embarrassing them, with all that talent they have.If that isn't something to crow about, I don't know what is........

Although I did say a team that loses to Oakland can't be all that good...............

Come on, we haven't been there before. This is new territory. I don't think we have ever shut out the Eagles especially when there is a lot on the line, like the Division Title. Had we have won by a touchdown or something fine but shutting out the Eagles 24-0 and embarrassing them, with all that talent they have.If that isn't something to crow about, I don't know what is........

Although I did say a team that loses to Oakland can't be all that good...............

Wow one of the most storied franchises in history and your gonna tell me you've never been there before( meaning winning a big game etc. etc.) CMON MAN! :wacko:

Wow one of the most storied franchises in history and your gonna tell me you've never been there before( meaning winning a big game etc. etc.) CMON MAN! :wacko:

Winning big yes, Shutout no...........Come On man really, We just shut out the Eagles. Think about that, the Eagles could not so much as get into field goal range and when they did we took the ball from them. Well Mcnabb gave it to us to be fair. But to hold the Eagles to 0 points for 4 quarters of football, with the Division Title on the line, is a feat that is not commonplace in our Storied history, agreed?

they miss Dawkins as their emotinal leader and JJ (RIP) to ajust on the fly.

They sure do, but yet they went 11-5 anyway.

Mcnabb throws the ball in the ground and is off target when behind. He chokes under pressure and always has.

Why wasn't he labeled a choker when he torched you 44-6 on a must-win-to-get-into-the-playoffs game? Or when the Eagles won at Minny the following week? Or at the SB favorite Giants the next? Or any of the playoff wins that led to NFC Chapionship games and a Super Bowl appearance?

If you want to be honest, really really honest....Romo has more of a reputation as a choker than McNabb. He has a long way to go to overcome his playoff inadequecies.

The Cowboys are young and getting better while the Eagles I feel are just trying to hang on. That's just how I see it.

Then you'd be dead wrong, since most pundits feel the Eagles are one of the best young teams in the league. Which part of Jackson, Maclin, Celek, McCoy, Kolb, a D-Line with no one over 27, a LB corps with no one over 26, and two pro-bowl corners are just trying to hang on?

BTW....I'll take whatever sigline bet you wanna throw out there for next week.

Winning big yes, Shutout no...........Come On man really, We just shut out the Eagles. Think about that, the Eagles could not so much as get into field goal range and when they did we took the ball from them. Well Mcnabb gave it to us to be fair. But to hold the Eagles to 0 points for 4 quarters of football, with the Division Title on the line, is a feat that is not commonplace in our Storied history, agreed?

Lol whatever you say man this is like a conversation with my ex wife! A whole lotta her BLAH BLAH BLAHing! And then her saying you get my point! No I don't but I'll stop just so you'll shut up!! :D Good Luck in the Playoffs! Even if you MUD STOMP( :wacko: ) the Eagles again you have a helluva road after that! Hope you don't have to eat crow too soon! :D

Shutting out the Eagles in this situation, and considering the Eagles have set a team record for points scored this year, is a huge accomplishment. I don't have any problem with you boasting about the win. I'm not sure why anyone would. Your team got the job done in a big way this week. Maybe people are just tired of seemingly every other new thread being about the Cowboys one way or another... :wacko:

Shutting out the Eagles in this situation, and considering the Eagles have set a team record for points scored this year, is a huge accomplishment. I don't have any problem with you boasting about the win. I'm not sure why anyone would. Your team got the job done in a big way this week. Maybe people are just tired of seemingly EVERY OTHER NEW THREAD being about the Cowboys one way or another... :wacko:

BINGO DING DING DING We got a winner!