[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice choke job Denver

CaptainHook

McDaniels botched his dealings with Brandon Marshall this week. For a coach to tell a player how "healthy" he is, ridiculous. And then to "bench" him on top of it...I can't imagine that sits well in the locker room. He did it his way. Denvers loses. Misses playoffs. He's got a lot to learn about coaching in the NFL.

Yep. He took a team without it's "star" QB that nearly everyone thought would be one of the worst teams in the league and just missed the playoffs. He also didn't put up with BS from some prima donna ahole of a player (or 2), but showed that he is running the team, not the player. What a loser.

:wacko:

I don't know if he'll ultimately turn out to be a good or bad coach, but the bashing is IMO at best premature, at worst just plain stoopit.

Yep. He took a team without it's "star" QB that nearly everyone thought would be one of the worst teams in the league and just missed the playoffs.

Yeah, but it was a team that choked away a playoff spot last year, and they turn around and do it again.

He also didn't put up with BS from some prima donna ahole of a player (or 2), but showed that he is running the team, not the player. What a loser.

I agreed with benching Marshall at the beginning of the year. But what did he do this week? Told his coach that he felt he was unable to go, due to an injury? Marshall was in the last year of his contract. The team didn't want to extend his deal. Should he be forced to risk his health for the Broncos? Unless there is something else going on that we don't know about, McDaniels really handled this poorly. Announce he's benched? Ban him from the sidelines? C'mon. And his team comes out and gets smoked at home, by one of the worst teams in the league.

Edited by CaptainHook

wow hook....this is a side of you i'venever seen

So they fired the guy that went 8-8 last year, alienated the pro-bowl QB and WR, made some trades (and do a decent job of that), and still were 8-8. That 'bout right?

pretty much sums it up..... added a better rushing attack and defense (something cutler still hasn't really seen).

Should he be forced to risk his health for the Broncos?

Are you serious? Of course he should - it is why he is paid hugh amounts of money for choosing to play professional football. Unless the Broncos suspended him without pay, Marshall owes them a game check.

Are you serious? Of course he should - it is why he is paid hugh amounts of money for choosing to play professional football. Unless the Broncos suspended him without pay, Marshall owes them a game check.

Why? If he is truly injured and can't go, why would he? If he knew he would be taken care of by the Broncos if he went out and played, then maybe he gives it a go. Instead, what if he goes out there and tears his hamstring? Heading into free agency? No thanks.

Yeah, but it was a team that choked away a playoff spot last year, and they turn around and do it again.

And that was the HC's fault now? I really really doubt Marshall could have single-handedly made the diff. In fact Gaffney had one hell of game but DEN D couldn't stop KC.

I agreed with benching Marshall at the beginning of the year. But what did he do this week? Told his coach that he felt he was unable to go, due to an injury? Marshall was in the last year of his contract. The team didn't want to extend his deal. Should he be forced to risk his health for the Broncos? Unless there is something else going on that we don't know about, McDaniels really handled this poorly.

The truth is none of us knows all the details of how this shook out, but when it comes to giving the benefit of the doubt to Marshall the HC, that should be a really easy choice.

I maintain the McD bashing is lame.

Edited by BeeR

yes and no........

he is certainly obligated to put it all out for his team, but the team needs to weigh the risk of further/worse injury by playing him hurt. easy to second guess either way you play it. you pretty much need to win to hope to advance, but if he is hurt in that game you are screwed in the playoffs.

I do think there may very well be more to this story.

But McDaniels alienated his star QB and WR in under 12 months. Went from 6-0 to 8-8. And we haven't even talked about what went on with Sheffler this week too.

I'd really like to hear Brandon Stokley talk about what he's seen this year in Denver.

Edited by CaptainHook

I do think there may very well be more to this story.

But McDaniels alienated his star QB and WR in under 12 months. Went from 6-0 to 8-8. And we haven't even talked about what went on with Sheffler this week too.

What the hell are you talking about? His "star QB" (assuming you mean Cutler) has nothing to do w/this year and his star WR is a flaming ahole. And for that you're ripping McD? :wacko:

If someone had said in August would you take an 8-8 record and just missing the playoffs and how would you feel about McD, I bet most DEN fans would have jumped at it and said he's da man.

What the hell are you talking about? His "star QB" (assuming you mean Cutler) has nothing to do w/this year and his star WR is a flaming ahole. And for that you're ripping McD? :wacko:

How does trading Cutler have "nothing to do with this year"?

And publicly criticizing, questioning the toughness, and benching your best offensive player isn't worth discussing?

:D

yes and no........

he is certainly obligated to put it all out for his team, but the team needs to weigh the risk of further/worse injury by playing him hurt. easy to second guess either way you play it. you pretty much need to win to hope to advance, but if he is hurt in that game you are screwed in the playoffs.

If he was hurt.