[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft Order: The Top 10

keggerz

http://www.newerascouting.com/01/top-10-draft-order-set/

1. St. Louis Rams

2. Detroit Lions

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4. Washington Redskins

5. Kansas City Chiefs

6. Seattle Seahawks

7. Cleveland Browns

8. Oakland Raiders

9. Buffalo Bills

*10. Jacksonville Jaguars

*10. Denver Broncos (from Bears)

*tbd by coin flip

Edited by keggerz

The Seahawks are in the market, but need O-Line first. I'm hoping they grab LeFevour from CMU in the 2nd, but they HAVE to take the best tackle available with their first pick, no matter how many go before their selection. The pick they got from the Broncos should help as wel.

The Seahawks are in the market, but need O-Line first. I'm hoping they grab LeFevour from CMU in the 2nd, but they HAVE to take the best tackle available with their first pick, no matter how many go before their selection. The pick they got from the Broncos should help as wel.

With Carolina, and possibly Washington, SF, and Miami all looking at QBs...got to think there are going to be at least 4-5 QBs off the board by the end of the 1st round...

With Carolina, and possibly Washington, SF, and Miami all looking at QBs...got to think there are going to be at least 4-5 QBs off the board by the end of the 1st round...

:wacko:

The QB class absolutely sucks this year. I would be surprised to see some teams - especially those you've listed - reach for QB, when other needs can be addressed with far more talented prospects.

Carolina will probably take a QB, but Washington? I think they'll give Jason Campbell a shot, especially with a new regime likely being in place. SF? I think they're pleased with Alex Smith's improvement and always have Shaun Hill as a fall-back. Miami? I think Henne showed a ton of promise.

I see Seattle looking at QB, definitely the Rams. Possibly Buffalo and Jacksonville (cough, Tebow).

There isn't a Manning or Brees but I think there are a fair # of not-quite-elite guys out there. If JAX takes Tebow in the 1st I will lol though, and I'm betting he doesn't get to them in the 2d. You want weak it's WR. Weakest class in many years.

Lot of teams needing a top OL too, I see them falling often and early.

I don't think this QB class is that bad...especially compared to the past few years where there's only been 2-3 show up (Flacco, Ryan from 08 and Stafford, Sanchez from 09) and the verdict's still out on all of them...

And yeah, many of these teams need desperate help in many areas but QB is a very glaring need for about 4-5 of them...I just think there's going to be an early run on the position in this draft...

First mock I've seen with updated team slots: http://newnfldraft.com/ Some of these picks are a joke (Colts a WR and KC a RB because they don't have one? OK...) but come April who knows.

CLE should be interesting. They do need secondary help but they need O help much more IMO.

Course this all depends on how FAs shake out.

Edited by BeeR

If Carolina had a first round pick???? :wacko: Would had thought Swammi would had caught this on this thread.......maybe not.

Edited by dope man

First mock I've seen with updated team slots: http://newnfldraft.com/ Some of these picks are a joke (Colts a WR and KC a RB because they don't have one? OK...) but come April who knows.

CLE should be interesting. They do need secondary help but they need O help much more IMO.

fwiw, they updated it to have KC taking OT, Bruce Campbell, Maryland in the 1st round (but still have them taking a RB in the second round).

Edited by muck

Seriously? I think both Smith and Henne played well enough to make SF and MIA look to fill bigger holes. Miami could use a good WR. SF needs an OT pretty badly, one that can start next year. I don't see either team going QB. TB seems committed to Freeman, and probably take another QB, but not in the first round.

The Rams are in a tough spot. BPA is Suh, but they really are desperate for a QB. I think there are teams that would trade up for Suh, but with at least four teams in the top 10 that could go QB, how far down could they trade and still get the QB they need so badly?

Oakland is desperate for a QB. Seattle surley needs one. Washington could use one. What does Cleveland do? Carolina could even trade up for a QB. Is JAX willing to stick with Garrard?

There would be an absolute revolt in Seattle if they took a QB with their first pick. 99% of the fans here believe Hasselbeck has 3-4 years left in him and bow at his feet. I am in the vast minority, believing they are already past due in getting his replacement on the roster. Either way, one of their first rounders will undoubtedly be an OT. Most likely the first of their two picks. As much as I think the Hawks need a QB, I'm not sure that there is a franchise QB in the group, outside of maybe Claussen, who figures to be gone. I love Bradford's on-field talent, but he is awfully slight in stature. I'm not sure you want to use a top-10 pick on him. I think the Hawks will try to buy another year with Hasselbeck, and pray Eric Berry makes it to them at 6. If he doesn't, Gerald McCoy is probably the only other option besides taking the best tackle available. As long as it isn't Tebow or another OLB who can't rush the passer, I'll be content.

There would be an absolute revolt in Seattle if they took a QB with their first pick. 99% of the fans here believe Hasselbeck has 3-4 years left in him and bow at his feet. I am in the vast minority, believing they are already past due in getting his replacement on the roster. Either way, one of their first rounders will undoubtedly be an OT. Most likely the first of their two picks. As much as I think the Hawks need a QB, I'm not sure that there is a franchise QB in the group, outside of maybe Claussen, who figures to be gone. I love Bradford's on-field talent, but he is awfully slight in stature. I'm not sure you want to use a top-10 pick on him. I think the Hawks will try to buy another year with Hasselbeck, and pray Eric Berry makes it to them at 6. If he doesn't, Gerald McCoy is probably the only other option besides taking the best tackle available. As long as it isn't Tebow or another OLB who can't rush the passer, I'll be content.

whoever they have at qb would get killed so i agree they should shore up the OL first. Hass is still better than a lot of qb's out there IMO, although admittedly i'm watching from afar and you homers may have a better perspective.

This mock has a different drafting order than what Keg posted.