[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Brett Favre appreciation thread

CaP'N GRuNGe

Thank you for a great regular season Brett. :D

16 games started

363 / 531 or 68.4%

4,202 yards

33 TDs vs 7 INTs

107.2 passer rating

Statistically, his best season ever.

Not bad for a 40 year old washed up QB.

Packer fans, feel free to add your sentiments. :wacko:

I am personally going to miss Brett, as he is great for the league. I will go to my grave knowing the Packer made the wrong decision as Brett should have retired a Packer period. My feeling for GB will never be the same. In fact, I have a problem with getting rid of a star for youth for youth sake. I don't believe in the business of that at all.

Farve is an always will be a Packer and the Vikings would roll the packers anytime they played them. So glad Farve smoked them twice.

I thought every thread is a Brett Favre appreciation thread?

Seriously though, the guy still has it. I just got an autographed Favre card for Xmas and it will go up on my wall, along with the rest of my Favre gear, as soon as he retires.

Unless the Vikes win it all, then it's all going up on eBay... :wacko:

I am personally going to miss Brett, as he is great for the league. I will go to my grave knowing the Packer made the wrong decision as Brett should have retired a Packer period. My feeling for GB will never be the same. In fact, I have a problem with getting rid of a star for youth for youth sake. I don't believe in the business of that at all.

Farve is an always will be a Packer and the Vikings would roll the packers anytime they played them. So glad Farve smoked them twice.

Get over it. The Packers, Vikings, Rodgers, and Favre are all better off for things having gone down the way they did.

1) The Pack not only has a QB better suited to the game plan they want to run, they actually have their QB of the future in place

2) The Vikings actually have a legitimate QB behind center and are poised for a deep run.

3) Rodgers, is starting and thriving

4) Favre is not crippled which is exactly what he would be if he was playing for the Pack this year. Instead, he's playing behind a great line with a dominant RB to make Ds play honest.

As tough as it's going to be, we'll try to move on without your support :wacko:

I certainly was not surprised to see Favre play at a high level at the beginning of the season (well, he was just kinda there for the first couple games) but he arguably played better than he EVER played for the bulk of the season.

Of course, my issue with Favre's production was his tendency to tail off down the stretch; and while the Vikings as whole DID do that, Favre continued to play at a high level.

I don't think they've put the Lombardi Trophy in the Vike's trophy case yet, so the Minnesota fans had best hope that Brett Jekyll doesn't morph into the Edfavre Hyde that GB fans are all-too-familiar with over the past decade.

Thank you for a great regular season Brett. :D

16 games started

363 / 531 or 68.4%

4,202 yards

33 TDs vs 7 INTs

107.2 passer rating

Not bad for a 40 year old washed up QB.

Packer fans, feel free to add your sentiments. :wacko:

Aaron Rodgers

16 games started

350/541 or 64.7%

4434 yards

30 TDs vs 7 INTS

103.2 Passer Rating

Not bad for a 26 year old 2nd-year starter

Vikings fans, feel free to add YOUR sentiments :D

And a big THANK-YOU to Brett Favre as well!

Aaron Rodgers

16 games started

350/541 or 64.7%

4434 yards

30 TDs vs 7 INTS

103.2 Passer Rating

Not bad for a 26 year old 2nd-year starter

You left out the 316 yds rushing and 5 tds.

Paclker Fans and Vike Fans all win i believe

Rodgers is great for Pack and Favre has been great for Vikes

difference at this pt is that Rodgers is 15 years younger ...but for this season and upcoming playoffs both Vikes and Pack have as good a chanced as any to come out of NFC and make it to Super Bowl

I will say as a football fan i am thoroughly amazed by Favre and what he did this season at his age

Paclker Fans and Vike Fans all win i believe

Rodgers is great for Pack and Favre has been great for Vikes

difference at this pt is that Rodgers is 15 years younger ...but for this season and upcoming playoffs both Vikes and Pack have as good a chanced as any to come out of NFC and make it to Super Bowl

I will say as a football fan i am thoroughly amazed by Favre and what he did this season at his age

I am completely amazed at Favre as well. I thought FOR SURE he would tail off at the end of the year but he proved me wrong (picture me eating crow).

But it's only for one year. Next year he reverts back to form.

Favre is in the best (only place) for him to succeed this year.

I especially like padding his stats against the lowly Giants pass defense in a rout . . . . :wacko:

Are you talking about week 17 when he should be breaking down instead of padding his stats? :D

I am personally going to miss Brett, as he is great for the league. I will go to my grave knowing FAVRE made the wrong decision as Brett should have retired a Packer period. My feeling for GB will never be the same. In fact, I have a problem with getting rid of a star for youth for youth sake. I don't believe in the business of that at all.

Fixed.

He did retire you know the Packers didn't kick him out.

They also didn't go to Rodgers for youth sake. Rodgers was about to become a free agent(one year later) and they had to make the move soon.

Are you talking about week 17 when he should be breaking down instead of padding his stats? :D

Didnt think I said he would be breaking down :D

But yes . . . going pass happy in a rout was pretty classy . . . . but since Brett doesnt call the shots :wacko::D I am sure it was all Chilldress.

Didnt think I said he would be breaking down :D

But yes . . . going pass happy in a rout was pretty classy . . . . but since Brett doesnt call the shots :D:D I am sure it was all Chilldress.

They were trying to re-establish their identity as an offense after a few "off" games. :D

You don't want a team to score, then stop them. This isn't little league or pop warner where you don't want to hurt the other team's feelings. They are grown men and I think can handle it. :wacko:

You don't want a team to score, then stop them. This isn't little league or pop warner where you don't want to hurt the other team's feelings. They are grown men and I think can handle it. :wacko:

In the last game of the reg season playing against 4th string safeties? :D You go girl . . . I am surprised they didnt work more on some running plays for Chester/AP for the playoffs . . . . but I am suuure Brett needed more work instead? :rollseyes:

In the last game of the reg season playing against 4th string safeties? :wacko: You go girl . . . I am surprised they didnt work more on some running plays for Chester/AP for the playoffs . . . . but I am suuure Brett needed more work instead? :rollseyes:

Maybe you should put down your cheese curds long enough to actually know what you are talking about? Favre didn't play at all in the 4th quarter, Tavaris did, and yes he was throwing on some plays., maybe he needed the work more then then AP or CT since they do play every game.

How about your own team? I see Rodgers elected to throw a td pass when they were up 26-0 already. In fact, up 26-0, Rodgers is still in the game and on his last drive, a 14 play drive, the cheeseheads elect to pass on 10 of those plays and only ran on 4 plays. Seems to me if anyone should work on their running game it's the cheeseypoofs.

Edited by BillyBalata