[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers - Cards

budlitebrad

Packers-Cards  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Packers
    • Cards
    • Puddy

I would argue going 11-5 against anyone in the NFL is a pretty good year. I would argue going 11-5 in the NFL with the youngest roster and a new defensive scheem is a very good year. How you can continue to argue that Thompson and McCarthy are not doing their jobs is beyond me.

True enough. But, the top-rated Defense couldn't shut out or stop the better teams in the NFL. It is something to go 11-5, but many of the wins came agains teams who are not considered to be very good. YES, they are NFL teams and a feat.

They did put it together and were the hottest team in the last half of they year. They put something in gear after the TB debacle.

Heck, I thought MM was a frigging genius to try the onside kick. No one saw it coming. He got them back in the game.

I'm just saying that they need to beat the better teams to be considered with the elite. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, but you can't give up 30+ points and expect to win against top teams in the NFL. The D/ST shut down all the teams they beat, but they had brainfarts when they played the better teams.

I think they are young.

I think they can be better.

I am just saying they need to put it all together now.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers 11-5 record is deceiving. (So is MN, but we're not talking about them right now.)

They beat Chicago 2x, Detroit 2x, St. Louis, Cleveland, They should have won those games. AZ Week 17 was a "gimme" due to resting of players. But given the playoff game it could have been a shootout going to anyone.

BUT, how did GB do against teams with winning records? Dallas 1-0, MIN 0-2, Pitt 0-1, and AZ Wildcard? They gave up more points in all those games than the rest of the year.

Either way, they are a long way from being anointed the team of the NFC until they can put the whole package together. They are on the right track, but need the coaching, GM and staff to WIN against the upper-tier teams....and not lose to the TB teams.

I'm not being negative, but you don't deserve to win when you give up 51 points against anyone.

You are being negative. Go away . . . . :wacko::D

I would argue going 11-5 against anyone in the NFL is a pretty good year.

"In the NFL, you are what you are" - Bill Parcells.

Call me silly, but I'll go with Parcells' opinion over Hoyle's.

I would like to see this team next year play against better teams. Looking at their schedule, they stomped the bad teams, but had shoot outs against good/decent teams.

They can't help it that they play the Lions and Bears twice. You can't hold that against them. You will get your wish next year though, as there schedule will be much tougher.

Will Kampmon still be around?

If they can build the OL and get some depth on D, they can run. Matthews plays like a beast.

I have to give TT props on AR, Woodson, Grant, Finley, and Matthews look like great players and I need to give him credit for putting together a great nucleus. They just need to put a full game together against the upper-tier teams.

They can't help it that they play the Lions and Bears twice. You can't hold that against them. You will get your wish next year though, as there schedule will be much tougher.

Yeah, don't they have the Easts next year? Then SF and Atl, right?

yes

Hmm, I wonder if Rex will attempt to get the Jets into a tizzy about the Revis/Woodson vote.

Based on how they played this year, anything less than 10-6 will be disappointing.

Hmm, I wonder if Rex will attempt to get the Jets into a tizzy about the Revis/Woodson vote.

Based on how they played this year, anything less than 10-6 will be disappointing.

Yep, and it will be funny when Rodgers doesn't need to throw to whoever Revis is covering, as he has many other options that can get the job done. And I would give him no chance against Finley on jump balls.