[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Depth

McBoog

After watching all the other "don't have anything to play for" teams get their collective butts handed to them for a few weeks, I watch the Chargers and feel pretty damn good going into the tournament!

Yes, I understand it was the Redskins, but it was pretty impressive to watch the Boltz start the game short of 1s, and then pull just about everyone who started after 20 plays. The Skins played their ones pretty much throughout and wanted to win that game. It was shaky at times, but the back-ups came in and held the line and pulled out a final drive TD to win the game.

That win, the 11th in a row, provided by the back-ups, has to be a more significant boost to playoff momentum than what the Saints and Colts are feeling. The Pats are now hurting, the Colts looked beatable and the depth was weak, the Bengals reeling and the Jets don't seem to really belong, I think there is a very good chance the Championship game could be played in San Diego between the Ravens and the Chargers.

Winning is better than losing no matter how you look at it.

I live in socal and will provide a non-fan opinion: they have demonstrated the ability to be a great regular season team, with barely a pulse or heart to show for it in the post season - whether Turner or Schottenheimer. I know for a fact that many of the Chargers do NOT like Norv Turner. They consider him aloof and hate it when he starts to call plays they never touched that week in practice, which apparently he does.

That being said, if you look at the momentum, their chances are as good as anyone's in the AFC. Also, I smell a Brees/Rivers Super Bowl in the air which would certainly be compelling.

But they have to get there in spite of Turner, not because of him. So, we'll see.