[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Conference is Stronger?

Savage Beatings

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Conference is Stronger - AFC or NFC?

• AFC
    • NFC
    • PFC (Puddy)

AFC

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. San Diego Chargers

3. New England Patriots

4. Cincinnati Bengals

5. New York Jets

6. Baltimore Ravens

NFC

1. New Orleans Saints

2. Minnesota Vikings

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. Arizona Cardinals

5. Green Bay Packers

6. Philadelphia eagles

Edited by Savage Beatings

I voted NFC. I just think the bottom 3 seeds of the AFC are inferior. Jets, Bengals, Ravens vs. Packers, Eagles, Cardinals.

Really looking forward to the NFC playoffs as all six teams play pretty exciting football.

Still hoping for a Saints/Colts Superbowl.

I think its interesting to note that the Chargers and Colts rank #31 and #32 in the league respectively in rushing yards per game. The Jets are also #1 in the league in rushing yards per game but #31 in passing yards per game. AFC seems to be missing the balance on offense the NFC has.

Edited by myhousekey

I think its interesting to note that the Chargers and Colts rank #31 and #32 in the league respectively in rushing yards per game.

Yep. I think that will hurt the Colts in the play-offs. Fortunately, they should not have to face any bad weather. Hopefully, if the Colts won the Super Bowl with the #32 ranked rush defense (2006), they can do it with the #32 ranked rush offense.

I do think the top 3 seeds in the AFC could take out anyone in the NFC. But from 1-6, the NFC has better teams. I am no longer as high on the Saints after their 3 game slide to end the season.

Edited by CaptainHook

The bottom 4 sides in the AFC are pretty weak, IMO. Two superior teams at the top, but the rest as they say in Boston, are "chowda".

SD and Indy will decide the AFC and should face a pretty tough squad from the NFC, which could realistically send any of their teams (except for maybe the Pack) to SB XLIV.

For once some suspense.

SD and Indy will decide the AFC and should face a pretty tough squad from the NFC, which could realistically send any of their teams (except for maybe the Pack) to SB XLIV.

Stats don't always tell the whole story but I was suprised to see how well the Pack looked on the 2009 regular season stat sheet:

They rank in the top 10 in:

Offensive - PPG (6), YPG (3), Pass YPG (7), Turnovers (1) - and they are 14th in Rush YPG.

Defense - PPG (7), YPG (2), Rush YPG (1), Pass YPG (5), Turnovers (1)

They were by far the most balanced NFC team in the categories of points, yards and turnovers. (Zona looks the worst of the bunch).