[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shanahan's impact on Redskin's Running Game

kpholmes

depends how much tank is left in Portis Tank ...he was really bad this year and not sure change in coach will make a huge difference at this pt of Portis career :wacko:

+1 on the gas in the tank....but there should be little question that, if he's gonna be motivated to play for anyone, it'll be Shanny. Knowing he didn't like Zorn's style a whole lot, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if many of his woes weren't the result of him just not being motivated to train/practice hard....thus he gets hurt more frequently.

If the aches and pains can be eliminated with hard training and conditioning, and his desire to continue his career under the coach in which he had great success is relit....no reason he couldn't put up Thomas Jones-like numbers?

+1 on the gas in the tank....but there should be little question that, if he's gonna be motivated to play for anyone, it'll be Shanny. Knowing he didn't like Zorn's style a whole lot, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if many of his woes weren't the result of him just not being motivated to train/practice hard....thus he gets hurt more frequently.

If the aches and pains can be eliminated with hard training and conditioning, and his desire to continue his career under the coach in which he had great success is relit....no reason he couldn't put up Thomas Jones-like numbers?

makes sense and certainly agree that Shanny should only help Portis produce more ...not sure he could produce less than this season

I wanna say the OL got old and rickety but I'm not really sure if that's the case. Maybe the Skins OL just seems old but they are definitely rickety.

I can't imagine Shanahan wanting Campbell. If anything Portis is downgraded b/c Shanahan will probably start to rebuild the offense in his image... new OL, QB project. Those plans may or may not even include Portis.

I would be THRILLED if Shanahan ends up in Washington

As far as what he can do with Portis, I think the folks that are talking about what investments he makes in the offensive line are on the right path...The O Line is atrocious and the offense is extremely limited by the lack of protection they provide the QB and the lack of running lanes they provided the RB corp.

I'm hoping the Skins invest heavily in the offensive line in the off-season and that along with the scheme that Shanahan brings with him will bring some much needed balance and explosiveness to the Skins.

I was also very excited about the Redskins when they signed offensive coordinator Al Saunders (designer of the fables KC offense with Priest Holmes)

that didnt turn out very well . . . :wacko:

From what I have read, looks like Mike is going to bring his boy Kyle in to be the OC. Not sure who will be calling the plays, but I think Kyle has done a pretty good job with the Texans.

From what I have read, looks like Mike is going to bring his boy Kyle in to be the OC. Not sure who will be calling the plays, but I think Kyle has done a pretty good job with the Texans.

Saunders had to work with the horses he was given though, he didn't get to pick his players, Shanahan, if he comes in (knocks on lots of wood) would presumably have significant input into personnel.

I would be absolutely astonished if Shanahan wasn't announced as the HC tomorrow, bringing in Kyle to help with the offense.

From what I've been hearing, it's pretty much a done deal and Houston has already started looking for O-Coordinator replacements.

Kyle helping with offense would also amplify Cooley's value even more... and maybe leave Owen Daniels on a down year next season depending on who steps in?

Don't forget: Shannahan was the one who traded Portis to WAS in the first place. He couldn't have been TOO enamored with him.

Bottom line: If you own Portis in a dynasty / keeper league, start looking for trading partners right now.

I think Shanahan to the Redskins is the best hire Snyder has made. Will he be patient enough to give him a chance?

Personally, I think Marty was the best hire Snyder ever made and he sure as hell screwed that up. Second note, did everyone forget Shanahan was the guess who our running back will be this week coach?

I would be THRILLED if Shanahan ends up in Washington

As far as what he can do with Portis, I think the folks that are talking about what investments he makes in the offensive line are on the right path...The O Line is atrocious and the offense is extremely limited by the lack of protection they provide the QB and the lack of running lanes they provided the RB corp.

I'm hoping the Skins invest heavily in the offensive line in the off-season and that along with the scheme that Shanahan brings with him will bring some much needed balance and explosiveness to the Skins.

The Skins started 12 different guys on the OL this year and used a total of 14 (Batiste didnt start a game but played 54 of 56 snaps in wk 5 when Samuels left the game after 2 plays & William Robinson played in 49 of 59 snaps after Heyer got hurt in wk15)

The Skins used 8 different starting OL configurations and only 4 times did the same configuration get used more than once...the 8th combination was the one that started the most consecutive games, 4 (wk13-16)....LT had 3 different starters plus Batiste in relief, RG had 5 different starters, RT had 2 different starters plus Batiste & William Robinson in relief...only LG(Dockery) & C (Rabach) played every snap this year (all at the same position too)

and people wonder why the Skins had issues on O

Edited by keggerz