[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Round 1 Wagering Thread***

kroyrunner89

Jets +3 @ Bengals 34.5

Eagles +4 @ Cowboys 45

Packers +2.5 @ Cardinals 47.5

Ravens +3.5 @ Patriots 43

Alright guys, let's breathe some new life into this thread since it's the playoffs! Good luck everyone!

I'm not a bettor, but if I were, I like the dog/visitor in all 4 of these to win outright.

That's why I don't bet. But I do like all 4 dogs this weekend.

History generally says that 3 out of the 4 home teams in the wildcard round of the playoffs will win...last year was a bit of an anomaly as 2 visitors won. If I had to pick the 1 visitor to win this coming weekend I'd take the Jets.

I have been hitting the hell out of 2nd half point spreads betting unders the last couple weeks. Most of the NFL 2nd half spreads are around 19.5-21.5 and Boise/TCU was 27 last night. Take advantage of what you are seeing in the first half and win some nice $$$.

I learned a long time ago not to bet against New England at home as well...

I just have the feeling that all those road dogs are going to look like easy money to bettors this weekend. Not so sure I like any of the dogs. Seems like the favorites (except the Cowboys) all have public perception problems right now. I think the faves are better than they have shown.

My gut tells me that all the home teams cover except the Cowboys who manage to blow it. Again. There is your magic 3-1 favorite formula for the first round, and the Eagles (who nobody thinks has a prayer after last weeks fiasco) will rise up and bite those who bet against them in the ass.

The scenario above makes no sense to me. The Packers, Ravens, and Jets have all clearly looked better than the team they are facing this week but I think we are burying those teams too early, and this weekend sets up as a wagering armageddon for those sucked in.

Edited by rattsass

I just have the feeling that all those road dogs are going to look like easy money to bettors this weekend. Not so sure I like any of the dogs. Seems like the favorites (except the Cowboys) all have public perception problems right now. I think the faves are better than they have shown.

My gut tells me that all the home teams cover except the Cowboys who manage to blow it. Again. There is your magic 3-1 favorite formula for the first round, and the Eagles (who nobody thinks has a prayer after last weeks fiasco) will rise up and bite those who bet against them in the ass.

The scenario above makes no sense to me. The Packers, Ravens, and Jets have all clearly looked better than the team they are facing this week but I think we are burying those teams too early, and this weekend sets up as a wagering armageddon for those sucked in.

I agree with you which means you're probably wrong.

I would say most of the games are tossups but I happen to think that the Eagles make a great pick as they have a great chance to win the game outright. The reasons I have are that the Eagles are notoriously up and down - and looked awful this past week. Second, I think that banking on Wade Phillips is foolhardy, and third, you have a chance to win the bet even if the Cowboys win by a field goal. I believe the Cowboys have beaten the Eagles twice, and it rarely happens that a team sweeps three games in the same season.

:wacko:

yup exactly the way i feel