[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Different SPIT tournament from the Eagles

Shaman

I just saw this clip on a Dallas radio station website:

:wacko:?

More on:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatori...secrat.php#more

It all started with a phone call to 105.3 The Fan's Sybil Summers. A tip that the Philadelphia Eagles' web site was posting something or other about Cowboys Stadium's sacred star. A little investigative digging and - voila - Cowboys-Eagles III just got more interesting.

The Bounty Bowl. Randall Cunningham's fake kneel-down touchdown pass. Booing a seriously injured Michael Irvin. Hurling batteries at Jimmy Johnson. All step aside, this may be the most despicable act in the history of the Cowboys-Eagles rivalry.

Dave Spadaro, writer for the Eagles' team web site (imagine Mickey Spagnola pulling this stunt) and the author of an edgy video diary called "Spudcam", went on the field before Sunday's 24-0 game and spit not once, but twice on the middle of the field. Terrell Owens' act seems almost angelic now, eh?

Most telling two words in the video: "Nobody looks ..." Wussy. With a capital P.

The Fan afternoon show (Gregg and Barsky) organized its troops and attacked the Eagles and famed Philly sports talk station WIP. After the station so bogged down it surrendered (calling Fan program director Tom Bigby with a plea to call off the dogs), the Eagles yanked down the offensive video and Spadaro issued an apology.

"As you may have seen, I went too far with my Spudcam video prior to Sunday's game against the Cowboys," Spadaro wrote. "Acting alone, and without permission from the Eagles organization, I walked out to the middle of the field at Cowboys Stadium and spit on the Cowboys star, and for that I deeply apologize to the outstanding Cowboys organization and the fine people there, from Jerry Jones to the rest of the team."

The incident is going national - per profootballtalk.com - but will it have any effect on Saturday night's game?

Since owner Jerry Jones is taking the high road and not pulling Spadaro's pass, I'm assuming he'll be in the house Saturday night. But remember, the Cowboys used NBC analyst Tony Dungy's "No chance" video to amp their levels before the Saints game, I'm thinking gathering the guys around to watch an Eagle spit on the star can't hurt.

Dave works for the Eagles in public relations and he runs philadelphiaeagles.com. He is great at what he does, even though he is just a 'yes man' for the organization. I know Dave a little and I am shocked that he did this. He is generally very classy, though very defensive of the organization. He is getting buried by the local media here.

If no actual player from the Eagles did the spitting i am not sure how big a news this is

A team can look for motivation all it wants but this is a bit of a stretch i think

Just as bad, imho. A Public Relations guy nonetheless... should have known better. But if he did it for attention, then he succeeded, just not in a positive way.

Just as bad, imho. A Public Relations guy nonetheless... should have known better. But if he did it for attention, then he succeeded, just not in a positive way.

agreed its bad from organizational stand point for Eagles

but for motivational stand point for Dallas , i cant see it the same as if an Eagles player did it ...

Shoo :wacko: Thats is almost sacreligous for you to live in Texas and not root for the Cowboys

Almost as sacreligious as Jerrah firing the great Tom Landry and running off Tex Schramm

"As you may have seen, I went too far with my Spudcam video prior to Sunday's game against the Cowboys," Spadaro wrote. "Acting alone, and without permission from the Eagles organization, I walked out to the middle of the field at Cowboys Stadium and spit on the Cowboys star, and for that I deeply apologize to the outstanding Cowboys organization and the fine people there, from Jerry Jones to the rest of the team."

:wacko::D:D

Sarcasm much?

'How do you keep an Eagles fan from throwing snowballs at another team's fans?'

Give 'em some double A batteries...

wrong, we'll just pack the snowball with the battery inside ....

duh :wacko:

Do you guys actually think the Cowboys care about what some guy did on a piece of fake grass with some paint on it? Lets not act like this is the same star at Texas Stadium that Emmitt and company played on.

I'd be willing to bet money that DeMarcus Ware, Miles Austin, Romo and company don't care about some guy spitting on the field.

What happened to the good old days when offensive linemen vomited at the line of scrimmage to claim their territory? The NFL players of today are pansies and are too sensitive. "Oh nobody gives us any respect." :wacko: or Everybody is against us." :D I wonder if Bob Lilly would cry in his sleep over something like this? :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Do you guys actually think the Cowboys care about what some guy did on a piece of fake grass with some paint on it? Lets not act like this is the same star at Texas Stadium that Emmitt and company played on.

I'd be willing to bet money that DeMarcus Ware, Miles Austin, Romo and company don't care about some guy spitting on the field.

I agree to a point. I dont think they care so much because this guy is a nobody tool looking for publicity not because it is a star in the new stadium. If it was a player on the Eagles they may care more. The best part of this dude dripped down his mothers leg

I agree to a point. I dont think they care so much because this guy is a nobody tool looking for publicity not because it is a star in the new stadium. If it was a player on the Eagles they may care more. The best part of this dude dripped down his mothers leg

:wacko: Agreed