[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim Mora Kicked to the Curb

bushwacked

Surprised me. I figured if you brought him on board and signed him a 5 year deal so that he could transition once Holmgren retired, you would give him at least more than one year as HC :wacko:. I mean, they weren't very good but was it entirely the HC's fault? I know the GM resigned. I assumed they would at least sign a new GM and then let him make the decision. The first rumor I've heard as that they are interviewing the DC of the Vikings. It'll be interesting.

That sucks, Jim Mora was one of my favorite coaches ever since 1999 when he was with the 49ers.

Before their week 5 game against the Rams, Mora was asked about Kurt Warner and popped off a reply something to the effect of 'we have 3 weeks of game film on him. We can gameplan against anyone with 3 weeks of game film.'

The Niners then got shellacked 42-20 and Warner had 5 TD passes.

As a Niner fan, I wanted nothing more for a hated division rival to have Jim Mora as a coach. :wacko:

He just seemed lost, and really didn't handle anything well. He didn't handle Houshmanzadeh's attitude well. When he finally decided to call somebody out, it was the kicker. He never knew what to say to the press, and I don't think he knew what to say to his players to get anything out of them. I don't think his coordinators gave him any help whatsoever, but I don't think there was much confidence that he was going to be able to turn this around. If there weren't so many high quality coaches currently available, I don't think this would have been done, but with Gruden, Cowher, Dungy and the like out there jobless, it seems like a good opportunity to take a shot. I just can't believe they had so much confidence in Mora that they would run Holmgren out of town, and then all of a sudden lost the confidence so quickly. I wouldn't mind Leslie Frazier either.

The team isn't the most talented but they quit playing hard in no less than 5 different games this season. He lost the team at the end of the season and no NFL caliber team should be getting blown out by teams like Tampa Bay at home.

Which cost me my week 15 spot in my elimination pool. I'm glad that cost him his job.

Looks like Pete Carroll is a significant possibility. :wacko:

Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2010 3:05 PM ET

On the same day the Seattle Seahawks surprisingly dumped coach Jim Mora, word has emerged that the Seahawks are plotting a run at USC coach Pete Carroll.

Per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Carroll is the primary target. And Carroll reportedly is interested.

With no coach and no G.M., Carroll would likely be given full control of the football operations. Many believe that one of his first orders of business would be to hire Pat Kirwan of Sirius NFL Radio and CBS to handle contract negotiations and player evaluations.

Mort also reports that Carroll would bring with him to Seattle his current offensive coordinator, Jeremy Bates. The former Broncos quarterbacks coach has been contacted by the Bears, given that Bates worked well with quarterback Jay Cutler in Denver.

Edited by budlitebrad

Pete Carroll? Pete Carroll?? Full control? when I wore my first dress poopy poopyhead motherwhen I wore my first dresser Hey Sailor! New in town??? when I wore my first dress me running

Edited by Seahawks21

Yep sounds like Carroll is the pick at about $7M per year. Now the latest I am hearing is the USC is looking into snagging Oregon State's head coach Mike Riley...not sure I'd want to go to USC though because I bet they are about to get hammered with NCAA rules violations....Carroll is doing his best Calipari imitation.

KO'd

Which cost me my week 15 spot in my elimination pool. I'm glad that cost him his job.

:wacko: When I was gambling heavy this was my attitude as well. I hated when a team I bet won the game but didnt cover. If they didnt cover for me they damned well better have lost..Basteerrds

Yep sounds like Carroll is the pick at about $7M per year. Now the latest I am hearing is the USC is looking into snagging Oregon State's head coach Mike Riley...not sure I'd want to go to USC though because I bet they are about to get hammered with NCAA rules violations....Carroll is doing his best Calipari imitation.

KO'd

That must explain as he failed as his first attempt as a NFL coach and is a better NCAA coach.

Seattle has a head coach vacancy.

Jim Zorn is unemployed.

Jim Zorn is a Seattle guy, right?

:wacko:

Now THAT is funny.

From the couple of times I watched a Sea Chickens game, Mora seemed to be either disinterested or high on Josh Gordon and it reflected on the way his team played. I think Seattle made a good decision here.

What did Mora do that was bad enough to only get one year with a horrible team?

My feeling is that I hate being a fan of a team that only gives a guy one year. Especially when that guy inherited an aging roster and had someone making personnel decisions who had not addressed the underlying issues of the team for several seasons (the running game) and continued to throw money in areas that were unnecessary (WR) and select undersized defenders who were continually getting hurt and/or manhandled on a regular basis.

That said, it's not like the team's effort in the month of December spoke well of the coaching staff, and it's hard not to feel like the team was heading in any kind of direction towards championship caliber. I mean, there is literally nothing positive to build off of this season besides winning 1 more game than in '08.

So, to paraphrase Chris Rock, I'm not saying they should have fired Mora, but I understand.