[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys/Vikings

whomper

This will be the battle of the worst coached NFL teams. Fatass vs. Secret Squirrel. If coaching will determine the outcome of this game it will end in a draw.

:wacko:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys kickoff returns are below average. Felix has been a bit of a disappointment in that area this year. Crayton was struggling as a punt returner early in the year so much that the Cowboys signed Rossum. He was injured on his first return and Crayton has been outstanding since then. Our biggest threat on special teams is Beuhler's kickoffs. I believe our opponents have had the worst average starting field position in the NFL. I'm hopeful this can nullify the Vikings awesome kickoff return unit.

I'm hoping the Vikings defense can nullify the Vikings awesome kickoff return unit.

Packer fan here: I've seen both play against my team and I give the edge to Minnesota, as much as I don't want to.

I think it will be a lower scoring game, with these two defenses. 24-17, 20-14, something like that.

If all things being equal, you can't discount the crowd up there. It is impossible to hear. To me, Romo is Favre, jr. He takes chances and sometimes gets burned. He's been playing well, as of late, but my gut is telling me he's going to get capped this weekend.

Favre is playing well. If he can play conservatively, like he has been most of the year, I can see the Vikings marching down the field. If he decides this is his time to take the spotlight, well, welcome to New Orleans, Mr. Romo.

I am a Cowboy fan for one day. This will be the only day, Sunday.

i do have one question: what is the NFL thinking putting this game on before SD v. NYJ? Will that matchup get higher ratings? I would think any game with Favre, then add on the Cowboys and all of the Mexican viewers and this game is off the charts.

Well I guess I'll be the voice of reason and sanity...

Cowboys 45 Vikings 2. Favre runs off the field crying at halftime never to be heard from again. ESPN finally catches up to him in the farms of Mississippi where his new best friend, a goat named Hugh, is happily being milked three times daily. Vikings fans finally realize their team will never win any big game ever and become Green Bay Packer fans when the move to the Oklahoma City Vikings is completed in 2011. Eventually the entire state of Minnesota is ceded to Canada and America celebrates.

:wacko::D:D

MN can put up points quickly - talented receiver sets against a suspect LB corp. I actually like Berrian in this match up as he has shown nothing on film for 17 weeks now and may not even draw coverage. If the Vikes reeling OL can give Favre any time, he can tear up the middle of the field and has done so most of the season.

I also think MN is hoping Dallas rolls with Felix, as he is the type of runner this defense has taken care of for three years. Barber on the other hand is the banger that gives them trouble.

Dallas 3rd most in yardage - only 15th in points scored. MN does score in the redzone.

Dallas - massive OL and Def lines could end this game quickly if they can control the tempo.

Either way it is the game MN fans have been waiting for and the reason Lex Luther is now our QB.

Doomed underdogs at home, but this time Drew Pearson will not be on the field.

It will be either Cowboys winning in game in the first half or the Vikes win 27-17.

Best of luck to both teams :wacko:

I am glad everybody and their mother is picking the Cowboys to win. I hope the Cowboys have the same feeling and come out flat.

Favre at home, 8 games:

21 TD's

2 Int's

68.8% comp

QB Rating 118.1

Notable stat of the day:

Romo on the road; Only threw for multiple TD's on the road 3 times which were against the Giants, Bucs and Chiefs. Not great defenses at all.

I am glad everybody and their mother is picking the Cowboys to win. I hope the Cowboys have the same feeling and come out flat.

Favre at home, 8 games:

21 TD's

2 Int's

68.8% comp

QB Rating 118.1

Notable stat of the day:

Romo on the road; Only threw for multiple TD's on the road 3 times which were against the Giants, Bucs and Chiefs. Not great defenses at all.

Pass: T. Romo (22-34, 312) against the undefeated saints wasnt exactly a terrible game. Barber had a 1,3 yd td. As we learned last week, a lot of these stats just go our the window. They are worth a glance but these teams are pretty evenly matched and it could be a bounce of the ball deciding the winner.

I dont know the answer to this but what is Favres record vs Dallas. Even in his heyday with the Packers I always remember Dallas beating him. He would have more superbowls IMO if it wasnt for Dallas but they ended his season on more than 1 occasion in the early 90's. Again, another useless fact but since we are thrwoing them out :wacko:

Pass: T. Romo (22-34, 312) against the undefeated saints wasnt exactly a terrible game. Barber had a 1,3 yd td. As we learned last week, a lot of these stats just go our the window. They are worth a glance but these teams are pretty evenly matched and it could be a bounce of the ball deciding the winner.

I dont know the answer to this but what is Favres record vs Dallas. Even in his heyday with the Packers I always remember Dallas beating him. He would have more superbowls IMO if it wasnt for Dallas but they ended his season on more than 1 occasion in the early 90's. Again, another useless fact but since we are thrwoing them out :wacko:

He didn't have a good coach to keep control of the gun slinger. :D He had the best year of his career at 40??

per wiki

Favre has played the Dallas Cowboys 11 times as of August 2008. He is 0-9 playing them in Texas Stadium. and 2-0 in Greenbay

He didn't have a good coach to keep control of the gun slinger. :D He had the best year of his career at 40??

:wacko: I forgot about the Childress factor

This is a bad Victory Pants matchup. On one hand, the Pants would like to put the Cowboys fans out of their misery NOW. But, on the other hand, the Pants would like to put Favre out of his misery so we don't have to listen to the amount of slobbery a victory would bring.

Might need to save the Pants for another matchup.

This is a bad Victory Pants matchup. On one hand, the Pants would like to put the Cowboys fans out of their misery NOW. But, on the other hand, the Pants would like to put Favre out of his misery so we don't have to listen to the amount of slobbery a victory would bring.

Might need to save the Pants for another matchup.

I heard Favre used to bad mouth U.L Washington. Just sayin

Orlando Scandrick. Talented kid who challenged for a starting CB spot, played poorly early on but has played decently as of late. I still think Harvin is the better player in that matchup, though.

This matchup was featured in yesterday's Star Trib sports section

Favre at home, 8 games:

21 TD's

2 Int's

68.8% comp

QB Rating 118.1

Notable stat of the day:

I believe Vegas has the spread at 3 in favor of the Vikings.

I believe Vegas has the spread at 3 in favor of the Vikings.

I meant most media types are picking the Cowboys. Vegas sets the line to make money. The early line was 2.5 for the Vikes and alot of money was put on the Vikings. They moved it to 3 to get money bet on the Cowboys.

I meant most media types are picking the Cowboys. Vegas sets the line to make money. The early line was 2.5 for the Vikes and alot of money was put on the Vikings. They moved it to 3 to get money bet on the Cowboys.

Or maybe they are calling it even (with the obligatory 3 points edge to the home team?)

You rarely see large point spreads in the playoffs . . . 3 points to the home team, so the game is more of a coin flip