[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kurt Warner

muck

5 TDs (3rd best (tie) in post season history)

87.9 completion percentage with only 4 incomplete passes (3rd best in post season history, minimum 20 attempts)

379 yards

154.1 QB rating (2nd highest in post season history, minimum 20 attempts)

Other guys have thrown for more TDs, but didn't have the same completion percentage.

Other guys have thrown for a higher completion percentage, but didn't have the same yards or TDs.

IMO, the best passing performance in the history of the post season.

...just curious, who else had a performance worth mentioning in this conversation?

Edited by muck

Wow. I'd forgotten about that one. Manning had more yards / attempt, hence the higher QB rating, but Warner had a higher completion percentage (same number of incomplete passes on more attempts) and they both had 5 TDs and were within 2yds of each other.

Did IND win that game?

I don't remember ... but, if they did, then I'd argue that these two performances were equal.

Top 3 Super Bowl QB statistical performances?

:wacko:

May not be the best in "playoffs" history (i.e. all rounds)... The man is nothing but "straight cash homie", when it comes to the biggest games.

Any voter(s) not putting him in the Hall on the first ballot should have their vote revoked (IMHO).

5 TDs (3rd best (tie) in post season history)

87.9 completion percentage with only 4 incomplete passes (3rd best in post season history, minimum 20 attempts)

379 yards

154.1 QB rating (2nd highest in post season history, minimum 20 attempts)

Warner is just jaw-droppingly sick in one-and-dones.

One thing I'd like to see is postseason games like that versus statistical ranking of the opposing D. Going in to that game... the GB D looked very good. They were 7th overall (3rd in the NFC) in points allowed. 5th overall (1st in the NFC) in pass yds allowed. 2nd overall (1st in the NFC) in total yds allowed. 1st overall in INTs (30!).

A sidenote... this Cards team of the past 2 years has had an uncanny ability to turn it off and on like a light switch. They looked horrible going into the playoffs last year. They kind of stumbled in this year. Whisenhunt deserves a lot of credit for getting his guys ready to play.

1/4/04 DEN@IND

Peyton Manning:

22/26 377 yards 5 TD's 158.3 QB rating

Very close only difference I'd say is the pressure of the game on the line is just a little more impressive than crushing the opponent start to finish! But hey it's Manning the guy is an absolute beast and so is Warner so those 2 performances are probably 1 and 2 for me with yesterdays being #1!!

Very close only difference I'd say is the pressure of the game on the line is just a little more impressive than crushing the opponent start to finish! But hey it's Manning the guy is an absolute beast and so is Warner so those 2 performances are probably 1 and 2 for me with yesterdays being #1!!

This game was Manning's first ever playoff win after 3 losses. The pressure in this game was HUGH!

Edited by CaptainHook

This game was Manning's first ever playoff win after 3 losses. The pressure in this game was HUGH!

The "in game" pressure wasn't the same. INDY was up big early and manning could have muffed a few times and it would have still been a blowout. Warner HAD to be perfect

The "in game" pressure wasn't the same. INDY was up big early and manning could have muffed a few times and it would have still been a blowout. Warner HAD to be perfect

I'll give you that. But there was more pressure coming into that game than Warner had for this one. And Manning was on cruise control in the second half. His fourth TD came with 2:01 left in the second quarter.

The Colts next game on 1/11/04 was at KC. It was the best offensive game I have ever seen. The Colts won 38-31. Neither team punted in the entire game. It was the best performance I've ever seen by a QB over two games.

link to DEN game

link to KC game

The game yesterday was good, but not as good as that one. Of course, that's probably because I'm a Colts fan, and attended the game. :D

And of course, the Colts got killed in New England in the AFC Championship. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

montana vs den in the superbowl....

22/29 for 297. 5 td's, no int's...... he threw 2 td's in the 3rd, but by then the game was over and they really weren't throwing a lot after that. plus they pulled him.

den's d was ranked 1st in pa, 3rd in yds allowed, 3rd in passing yds allowed, 1st in passing td's allowed, 2nd in to's.....

Warner is just jaw-droppingly sick in one-and-dones.

One thing I'd like to see is postseason games like that versus statistical ranking of the opposing D. Going in to that game... the GB D looked very good. They were 7th overall (3rd in the NFC) in points allowed. 5th overall (1st in the NFC) in pass yds allowed. 2nd overall (1st in the NFC) in total yds allowed. 1st overall in INTs (30!).

A sidenote... this Cards team of the past 2 years has had an uncanny ability to turn it off and on like a light switch. They looked horrible going into the playoffs last year. They kind of stumbled in this year. Whisenhunt deserves a lot of credit for getting his guys ready to play.

Green Bay did get lit up a few times this year, most recently by Pitt. I think they're far from one of the better defenses in the league, no matter what the stats say.

young vs sd in superbowl......

24/36 for 325. 6 td's, no int's. a lot of attempts for a blowout.... i thing he would have shattered a lot of records if seifert didn't hold him back and pull him.

Ricky Watters scored 3 in that game iirc, so without looking at the box score I'm willing to bet he broke a few screens...