[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers is a Class Act

kpholmes

From PFT

Aaron Rodgers and Kurt Warner put on a show Sunday afternoon that we'll remember for a long time. For that, we're thankful.

We're also thankful that Rodgers is handling the aftermath so professionally. Rodgers said he didn't think twice about the lack of a facemask call on the game's final play.

"No, I didn't [think about the no-call.] I really didn't. I get paid to play," Rodgers said Monday.

"There's always going to be one or two plays in the game where you wonder should there be a call, shouldn't there be a call, but those are out of my control. The things I worry about are the things I can control."

Instead, Rodgers pointed the finger at himself for missing a throw to Greg Jennings two plays earlier.

"I made some mistakes in the game. Those are the ones I'm thinking about. Not a potential facemask on that. . . . The one play I was thinking about laying in bed was the first play of overtime. Unfortunately, just missed Greg on that one that could have ended the game. But they made a play in overtime, you have to give them credit for that," Rodgers said.

We'll give credit to Rodgers for a superlative performance. His 22-yard sideline toss under pressure to Greg Jennings with 3:20 left in regulation was one of our favorite plays of the year. (It's at the 5:50 mark here.)

It's a little easier, of course, to appreciate the finer points of a loss since we don't wear cheese on our head during Packers games.

:wacko: Class Act, Professional. Packer Fans should be very proud (Cal fans are :D)

Edited by kpholmes

What impressed me , aside from his obvious skills on the field, was the look in his eye when they won the toss. He looked calm and confident. You cant teach that. He is following a legend in GB and this year he sure as hell put his stamp on that team.

He'd an even better guy if he wasn't a Packer.

+1

Hey, he played a heck of a game. They just came up short at the end and like he said, he missed what could of been the game winner to Jennings and the Cards finally made a play on defense to win the game. I think Rodgers looked poised and confidant the entire game. He has a great future and Packer fans should really be excited.

Edited by 'canes2004

I've always been impressed by Rodgers, starting with being drafted a lot later than expected, then coming in behind Favre the prima donna yahoo and, likely along with most, figuring he'd be the starter fairly quickly with said QB actually retiring...but saying nothing during that entire circus year after year, then finalyl starting on a team with little support and (to be fair just like Favre did when he came in) becoming the player the team centered around......etc etc.

As a huge Cal fan I watched Rodgers religiously every Saturday he suited up for them and have always been a HUGH fan. Only thing that went wrong with him is that the front office of the niners at the time couldn't see thru there beer goggles and realize what they were passing on. A bay area boy that people loved around these parts that coulda turned our franchise around. Instead we go with the likes of the Alex Smith's and Drunkenmiller's of the world :wacko: So enjoy Green Bay you gotta good one. Just sucks I gotta root against him now just feels weird after all those Saturdays with all my Cal gear on up on the hillside cheering him on!

I've always been impressed by Rodgers, starting with being drafted a lot later than expected, then coming in behind Favre the prima donna yahoo and, likely along with most, figuring he'd be the starter fairly quickly with said QB actually retiring...but saying nothing during that entire circus year after year, then finalyl starting on a team with little support and (to be fair just like Favre did when he came in) becoming the player the team centered around......etc etc.

Exactly, he showed right away what kind of character he had by keeping his mouth shut for years and then stepping in and being a true leader when they needed it most.

I have always respected him and it only took a qtr of play to know that he had what it takes to succeed in this league.

What impressed me , aside from his obvious skills on the field, was the look in his eye when they won the toss. He looked calm and confident. You cant teach that. He is following a legend in GB and this year he sure as hell put his stamp on that team.

This right here.

Do you remember when he came in against the Cowboys a couple of years ago when Favre got hurt? This kid looked calm and poised. He had a hell of a game too. From that point on I knew he was special. I didn't know he was such a humble guy as well.

Also, putting up the numbers he did this year while being sacked over 50 times is great. Even more only 7 interceptions!!! You gotta have some good cojones to do that.

Hats off to Mr. Rodgers!

I'm glad Rodgers sees that he had the game won on a few plays and the reason he lost wasn't because a finger was in his helmet.

Although this is true Rodgers cant take all the blame on the play to Jennings. I watched that replay a few times. Jennings had his man beat and was angling to the flag, at some point he turned his route straight up the field. Rodgers thought he was taking his route more horizontal and threw it out in front of him as Jennings was turning vertical. I have no idea what the route was intended to be, but we all know those things change during the action of a play. I am not saying Jennings was wrong either, it was just miscommunication and bad timing. I will say it was a much easier throw and catch the way Rodgers threw it as opposed to going completely over the shoulder the way Jennings was running it.

This right here.

Do you remember when he came in against the Cowboys a couple of years ago when Favre got hurt? This kid looked calm and poised. He had a hell of a game too. From that point on I knew he was special. I didn't know he was such a humble guy as well.

Also, putting up the numbers he did this year while being sacked over 50 times is great. Even more only 7 interceptions!!! You gotta have some good cojones to do that.

Hats off to Mr. Rodgers!

It's all those years in Berkeley with the hippy lettuce that will really calm a guys nerves :wacko:

Good Point, but kinda deserves humble a bit due to the cocky "Title Belt" deal in AZ. Didn't they lose in Pitt after he did the belt thing too?

AZ was pissed too that he ran up the score in the Preseason game and again Week 17. Don't blame them, but that isn't AR's fault...that's the coaching.

He's put up hellish numbers behind a bad line.

He has proven to be humble and leading the team.

He is the right thing in GB right now.

Give him a decent Defense that can play an entire game all season long and they will beat many teams.

As a 49ers fan, I'll say that Rodgers is really really lucky that the Niners picked Alex Smith instead of him. What a great opportunity to be able to sit & learn from Favre for a couple of years before taking over.

If Rodgers went #1 to the Niners, he would've gotten thrown to the wolves & struggled like Alex did.