[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cardinals / Saints

Outshined

Didn't see a thread yet from any of the homers...

Here is hoping for a shootout. I want the cards to win in favor of my homer team, but in a 10 team playoff league, they way it fell in the draft, I ended up with half Saints and half chargers.

Does Arizona's defense match up againt the high flying Saints? This should be a really good game.

Who wins???

Discuss.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see a thread yet from any of the homers...

Here is hoping for a shootout. I want the cards to win in favor of my homer team, but in a 10 team playoff league, they way it fell in the draft, I ended up with half Saints and half chargers.

Does Arizona's defense match up againt the high flying Saints? This should be a really good game.

Who wins???

Discuss.

No need for a thread. Warner does not duplicate his record breaking performance. Saints win. see how easy that was.

Not so sure that the Saints are such a sure pick.....they stumbled down the stretch.....Packers were supposed to be this strong d, couldnt stop anything.....

If it turns into a shoot out, very well could be whatever team has the ball last, wins.......s/b a good game.....

go cards...

The Saints are getting back some key players on Def but have also lost Grant. I think this game is really going to come down to how healthy the Saints DB's are. If healthy and ready for game action I see the Saints winning this game handily. If not? It will be a very long day for both Defensive coordinators.

Not that this really means anything but I heard this stat on "The Herd" today.

In the Super Bowl era teams that have scored 50+ pts in a playoff game are 1-5 the following week, none of which have come within 24 pts of there previous week's production.

That said, no way in hell I put money down on this game either way. Well, maybe the over.

Word on the street is the Saints have resigned RB Deuce McAllister!

Supposedly we'll here something around 1pm.

Edit: http://www.wwl.com/Deuce-is-back-/6127432

Deuce is back!

The New Orleans Saints have signed former Black and Gold running back Deuce McAllister.

Sources confirm McAllister is back on the team after more than a year away from football.

During the offseason, the Saints released McAllister who had been struggling with multiple knee injuries.

We are awaiting details on McAllister's planned role with the Saints as they prepare for a divisional playoff game with the Cardinals. So far, officails are only saying he is on the "active roster."

Edited by myhousekey

Word on the street is the Saints have resigned RB Deuce McAllister!

We are awaiting details on McAllister's planned role with the Saints as they prepare for a divisional playoff game with the Cardinals. So far, officails are only saying he is on the "active roster."

:wacko: Cheerleader? Is he possibly in game shape? Would they put him if the game is still on the line when they have 3 healthy backs?

:wacko: Cheerleader? Is he possibly in game shape? Would they put him if the game is still on the line when they have 3 healthy backs?

I think its more of a PR move. If he gets 1 carry in the game the crowd will go nuts. He's probably the most loved Saint ever.

I think that means they don't have 3 healthy backs. Isn't Pierre Thomas nursing a rib injury?

Yes, PT has 3 broken ribs and will wear a flak jacket. He's been practicing in full though and said he feels great.

Edited by myhousekey

I think its more of a PR move. If he gets 1 carry in the game the crowd will go nuts. He's probably the most loved Saint ever.

dont be suprised to see Duece line up at FB. he is there for his blocking and a shot at a ring.

This seems really dumb to me. What if he gets his 1 carry and coughs it up? When's the last time he picked up a blitz?

Am I missing something here?

This seems really dumb to me. What if he gets his 1 carry and coughs it up? When's the last time he picked up a blitz?

Am I missing something here?

They've already announced he will be inactive. Just there to lead the team on the field and serve as Captain.

My take on the game:

First of all I have love for both teams, but my true passion is for the Cards as I have been a die-hard of the Cards for 35+ years. Kinda married into being a Saints fan since my wife is a New Orleans gal, Father-in-Law has worked in the Quarter for 38+ years and is a die-hard Saints guy so I pull for them all weeks except when they face my team!!

On to the game:

I see this game going to the final whistle, so even if one of the teams gets out to a 10+ point lead, either team can strike back quickly and get back in. I think the Saints play better from behind as the Cards are still trying to find a consistent running game to work the clock and finish, whereas the Saints with a lead late could pound the ball better to protect a lead.

As much as this game looks like a 38-37 final, I think the Cards run Beanie early and often and mix in a few passes down field for some big strikes. I think they want to keep Brees off the field as much as possible and not try and get into a track meet. I think if they can run the ball there will still be very few punts, but not as much scoring as last week, I see it more 27-24ish unless we see a defensive or ST touchdown.

Thomas has some banged up ribs so it will be intersting to see what he brings to the table, Bell's style of running will not be effective against our run D but he will be able to pound it in from inside the 3/5, Bush can do some damage if they get him open on play-action or miss-direction. I am very worried about the deep ball, last week GB was behind us often and Brees will NOT miss the passes that Rodgers did, some big strikes could hurt us in this one and I know Peyton has studied film on this and will have some plays ready.

The crowd will be a big factor unless the Cards can get them settled quickly, I doubt this will happen, it will be very loud and it could affect the snap count. I have a strange feeling that there will be a fake PAT for a 2-pt conversion at some point in this game before it is needed.

Good luck to all Saints fans, I will root for whatever teams gets past this game!!

GEAUX Cards!!

Gumbo on the stove, Abita in the fridge, pipe loaded and the Cajun Cannon on the radio.

:wacko: Time to get back to winning football and kick some Cardinal Azz.

Fluck Warner, Brees excels today and Saints win. Lock of the day.

Edited by SLAYER

Just announced Boldin and Hayes are inactive for the Cardinals (as expected)

Cardinals' inactives: QB B.St.Pierre; FB N.Broughton; S R.Johnson; LB G.Hayes; WR A.Boldin; G H.Johnson; DE J.Clark; & TE S.Spach.

Edited by myhousekey