[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are your thoughts..

Shorttynaz

I heard a rumor today on a local sports radio show that it's already rumored..

IF Kurt Warner retires - the Cardinals would likely try everything possible to trade Anquan Boldin to the Eagles for Donovan McNabb.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I think they have to give Leinart a shot next year. They've paid him a ton of money.

Yes and I paid $45,000.00 for my Dodge Durango new off the lot in 2006

Right now I couldn't get $18,00.00

My point is just because you over pay for a product doesn't mean it's worth what you paid.

In my case it just means that I over paid. In AZ case they did the same thing.

So did SF with Alex Smith and countless others in the past

The discussion was there with Leinart. The 2 guys hosting the program both were in agreement that if the Cardinals were projected as being a 6-7 win team, then by all means throw Leinart in there.

But what he has shown so far as they're hoping for another 9-10 win season, Leinart doesn't seem to be the answer.

A caller called in and said that Culpepper may be available - and after a good laugh, it was mentioned that Leinart would be a go over someone like Culpepper.

The discussion was there with Leinart. The 2 guys hosting the program both were in agreement that if the Cardinals were projected as being a 6-7 win team, then by all means throw Leinart in there.

But what he has shown so far as they're hoping for another 9-10 win season, Leinart doesn't seem to be the answer.

A caller called in and said that Culpepper may be available - and after a good laugh, it was mentioned that Leinart would be a go over someone like Culpepper.

ok ,, let the laughing begin but I think C-pep and Leinart are about equal

found this. it looks like it wouldn't be prohibitively expensive to keep leinart around next year. If they still think there might be hope maybe they let him compete with another vet?

Update: Leinart’s pricey 2011 contract could force the Cardinals to make a tough decision regarding his roster status either this offseason or next, according to the Arizona Republic.

Recommendation: Leinart’s 2010 salary is manageable, but his 2011 base salary is $7.36 million and that doesn’t include a scheduled $5.5 million roster bonus or escalator clauses. Since Kurt Warner(notes) is expected to serve as Arizona’s starting quarterback through 2010, the Cardinals might have to determine Leinart’s 2011 status without a comprehensive body of work. The Cardinals could decide to go in a different direction, they could try to rework Leinart’s contract or they could bite the bullet and pay approximately $13 million to install Leinart as their 2011 starter. Assuming that Leinart remains on the Cardinals’ roster, and as long as Warner stays healthy, Leinart should be a backup for a third straight season in 2010. Leinart hasn’t started regularly since early in the 2007 season and the jury is still out on his professional success.

If I were the Cards, I'd approach Lienart with a contract renegotiation. No way I let him start in 2010 with that contract for 2011. If he says no... cut him and start over. No point in developing him for another team.

Maybe Favre..... :wacko: