[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nolan parts ways with Denver

MTSuper7

We all know what happened with Cutler. Now B. Marhsall and Scheffler are probably on the trading block. And now Nolan is leaving. Does all this point back to McDaniels? Is the man just incapable of getting along with people? :wacko:

Good call, they really lost it the second half the year though. Big reason was the defense.

The big reason that they won in the first half was because of the defense. Perhaps, Nolan wanted out, but McDaniels let a big piece of what was working for most of the season in Denver, get away. I don't think you let someone go until you've already targeted someone to replace him. It will be interesting to see how this one works out. Doesn't look good, but the Broncos surprised us this season, so maybe they will again.

I love how automatically this is all McDaniels' fault. I don't care about the guy either way, but anytime someone doesn't like what's going on or DEN doesn't do well, he sucks, but he gets no credit when they're doing well. And who knows, maybe that's mostly right, I'm not up on all the ins and outs of the team, but sounds pretty weak to me.

But whoever is responsible just made an incredibl stupid move IMO.

I love how automatically this is all McDaniels' fault. I don't care about the guy either way, but anytime someone doesn't like what's going on or DEN doesn't do well, he sucks, but he gets no credit when they're doing well. And who knows, maybe that's mostly right, I'm not up on all the ins and outs of the team, but sounds pretty weak to me.

But whoever is responsible just made an incredibl stupid move IMO.

But it couldn't be the head coach that made the stupid move?

The big reason that they won in the first half was because of the defense. Perhaps, Nolan wanted out, but McDaniels let a big piece of what was working for most of the season in Denver, get away. I don't think you let someone go until you've already targeted someone to replace him. It will be interesting to see how this one works out. Doesn't look good, but the Broncos surprised us this season, so maybe they will again.

also look at the caliber of offenses they played in the 1st half. while den's d was good...their 1st half opponants exagerated their prowess:

cin

cle

oak

dal

nep

sdc

bal

pit

if bowlen had any sense he woulda canned mcdaniels and gave nolan the head job. most of the broncos' talent is on offense, and yet the defense was far and away the better unit. on defense, nolan took crap and turned it into a respectable unit. on offense, mcd00shles took one of the best units in the league and turned it into garbage.

how soon until bowlen realizes what a fool decision he made hiring this guy? best case scenario is one more year, I suppose. :wacko:

hey, if miami tampered (and it sounds like they probably did), the broncos should pursue it and get whatever they can out of it.

but then the real interesting question is, why was nolan so eager to get out of town that he jumped at a lateral move? of course, my hunch is that it probably has something to do with the guy he works for being a complete tool who can't coach.

From what I heard on NFL Total Access McDaniel wanted to bring in someone from New England to be the Def Cord and that is why Nolan was released. Oh well Denvers loss is Miami's gain.

I heard they were interested in recently fired DC Dean Pees from the Pats. So McDaniels would rather have a fired DC in Pess than a successful Nolan.

hey, if miami tampered (and it sounds like they probably did), the broncos should pursue it and get whatever they can out of it.

but then the real interesting question is, why was nolan so eager to get out of town that he jumped at a lateral move? of course, my hunch is that it probably has something to do with the guy he works for being a complete tool who can't coach.

Looks like it's because McDaniels told Nolan that in no uncertain terms would the Broncos be blitzing next season like they did this year. That's why they mutually agreed to part ways. McDaniels did chase Nolan off. He was never his guy anyways. Just a marriage made between their same agent.

From this view, it looks like McDaniels is a my way or highway coach. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but one's eyes are raised when he's gotten rid of Jay Cutler, Mike Nolan and may possibly be dumping Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler. In contrast, Mike Tomlin went ahead with Dick LeBeau's defense, eventhough that's not the scheme that Tomlin prefers. Tomlin adjusted to what he had and what was working. McDaniels is determined to shape the Broncos in his vision, no matter what. Should be interesting.

Edited by electricrelish