[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos vs. 49ers in London on Halloween in 2010

MTSuper7

When I saw the list of opponents this year released once the regular season ended, I was stoked to see these two teams would be playing each other again. My best friend from high school is a big 49ers fan and I'm a big Broncos fan (we both grew up mostly in Michigan, go figure), and the last time they played in San Fran didn't work out (back in 2002). So, of course, with the rotating schedule the NFL has, these teams only play each other every 4 years (but we wanted to get to SF to mix in a trip to Reno as well - so we decided not to go to the game in Denver at the end of the 2006 season). So I was going to make plans to get tickets to this game when they became available, reserve my hotel, a night in Reno, etc.

That was up until I heard on PTI that they are playing this game in London on Halloween. You have to be kidding me...

I've literally waited 8 years for this game, and they moved it to London. I even got a new Eddie Royal jersey and got my friend a Patrick Willis jersey for this occasion.

Sorry for the :wacko: but this makes me want to vomit. Why in the hell are they making this a home game for SF? Could London be any frickin' further from SF?

But with that off my chest, what's so special about London that the NFL keeps going back? Wasn't there a Mexico City game a while back? Why not fly these guys to Japan or something instead? It's probably just as long a flight... Grrrrr....

But with that off my chest, what's so special about London that the NFL keeps going back? Wasn't there a Mexico City game a while back? Why not fly these guys to Japan or something instead? It's probably just as long a flight... Grrrrr....

Wembley Stadium and it's 90,000 person capacity is a big reason. Game will sell out, and, much like the NBA has done in Europe and Chine, the NFL is trying to get broader international appeal, thus playing games in foreign markets.

I would go with the "cup half full" approach. London is an awesome town to go hang out in, tons to do, spectacular beer, really good food. Halloween there should be a lot of fun. Head over the pond for a week, cheers!

Yeah, I thought about maybe going to London instead. I'm sure it's an awesome place. I was just really looking forward to getting to San Francisco. Another friend of ours lives out near Berkeley, so it would have worked out perfect to visit him while we were out there too.

Yeah, I thought about maybe going to London instead. I'm sure it's an awesome place. I was just really looking forward to getting to San Francisco. Another friend of ours lives out near Berkeley, so it would have worked out perfect to visit him while we were out there too.

Go. To. London.

+1

I don't even like my Broncos having to have to travel all that way for an away game.

But they get the bye the next week, yeah?

I think both teams usually get their bye week after the London game, yes.

Pricing out hotels for a long weekend (won't have the vacation to spend a whole week there unfortunately), and using FF miles for the flights, looking like we can make this happen for about $800 a piece, and that price includes an estimate for the tickets. I figure $1k a piece with some spending money gives a nice cushion.

Edited by MTSuper7