[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SPIT Tournament

imtoolowkey

I opened this mostly to brag about being the Week 19 champion! :wacko:

But in all seriousness, I will be in some serious trouble come Superbowl Sunday.

Obviously not going to post the lineup outside some have to choices, but it looks like I'll have to deal with:

Sanchize/Manning, Garcon/Braylon, Addai+Brown/Tony Richardson, Shiancoe/Shockey

While it was cool to take down the week, 45 points off the lead is a monster to climb with such a pathetic superbowl roster ahead.

Hows everyone else doing?

The road to becoming a championship isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. I'm close to the bottom, but I have my pick at most any of the players on the 4 teams left in. Now if I could only figure out who's going to score the most when...

Budlitebrad's got a pretty good lead with 387.

I have 304 and it will be tought to catch up.

In about the same spot, have some pretty good names left. Still going to come down to which players hit the jackpot that week. I'm interested in seeing how many SPIT participants are going to get burned by limited players remaining. I imagine the scoring will get harder and harder to come by, so those who have some good options left could gain ground fairly quick.

17th and I have all Colts players, and most Vikings players remaining. Oh . . and Brees.

If the Jets win, that could really suck . . . .for my SPIT team :wacko:

I think I am a few spaces above you and I have all 4 QBs available as well as all the RBs except for TJones and Greene...as far as WRs I think I have only used Rice (last week :D ) and Braylon Edwards...have all the TEs left and 3 kickers (used feeley) should have all the Ds available too(might have used the Jets but not sure) with all that I still doubt I can catch the top 3-5.

I think I am a few spaces above you and I have all 4 QBs available as well as all the RBs except for TJones and Greene...as far as WRs I think I have only used Rice (last week :D ) and Braylon Edwards...have all the TEs left and 3 kickers (used feeley) should have all the Ds available too(might have used the Jets but not sure) with all that I still doubt I can catch the top 3-5.

Yeah . . I used T Jones and Greene . . . and Keller. Plus Rice last week. We are really close, but you have a lot more options than I do . . :wacko:

Currently 3rd (but almost 33 points behind BLB), and I've got the following remaining:

All four QB's

Peterson, Greene/Jones, Thomas/Bell, Brown/Hart (I've used Addai and Bush)

All Colts/Saints WR's, Harvin/Berrian, and Edwards (I've used Rice and Cotchery)

Shockey, Shiancoe, and Clark

Used Hartley, still have the other three

NYJ, IND, NOS (Used MIN)

I am fortunate that I used mostly Packers the first week (plus Ray Rice/Benson at RB), and mostly Cardinals last week (even though they didn't do much, using players that lose helps). Not to mention, Bush and Rice (Sidney) helped a lot last week as well. The biggest thing I've noticed in this format is how much of a difference the 4th WR makes... I'm used to only using 3/week in playoff contests. When you have to dig deep and get that 4th guy, you really have to be careful of who you pick, and make sure you're going to have something decent left for the next week (and the SB). For example, rather than taking Wayne and Colston last week, I took the chance that I might "waste" them, and went with Doucet and Breaston. Crunching the numbers and having to use 16 WR's total over the four weeks, I figured I would have to use a few guys like that (3rd/4th Wr's), anyway.

All of that said, given my mediocre/poor record in predicting playoff games, I'll be the first to admit that there is quite a bit of luck involved in this contest as well. It is a lot of fun, though, and makes the NFL playoffs that much more interesting to watch unfold.

Yeah . . I used T Jones and Greene . . . and Keller. Plus Rice last week. We are really close, but you have a lot more options than I do . . :wacko:

I'm right there with ya and have most of the same options.

Sliding into 4th place and first place is reachable!!! I know I have to go with some that you all do, but some x-factors may let me take it all down!!!!!

I rebounded with a pretty fair week. climbed back into top 10 at 7th and only 26 pts out... wayyyyyy better at this point than I would have expected. Go Go Gadget Legs!

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Henderson, Devery NOS WR

Collie, Austin IND WR

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Stover, Matt IND PK

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def

I am two spots behind you, with a pretty similar lineup. The better the Saints do, the better I will do:

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Henderson, Devery NOS WR

Collie, Austin IND WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE

Hartley, Garrett NOS PK

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def

Am I the de facto Lance Moore fan club president for the SB? Seems to be the only one I have going (left?) who most others don't...

I need Moore to pull a Timmy Smith... is that asking too much? (edit: yes I know Smith was RB and Moore is WR)

Edited by lennykravitz2004

Im in 11th. pretty sure i cant win, but id love to finish well being as could be top 3 or so in the other contest. heres what i got going.

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Henderson, Devery NOS WR

Moore, Lance NOS WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Hartley, Garrett NOS PK

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def

Am I the de facto Lance Moore fan club president for the SB? Seems to be the only one I have going (left?) who most others don't...

I need Moore to pull a Timmy Smith... is that asking too much? (edit: yes I know Smith was RB and Moore is WR)

i have more as a possabilitiy but right now he is gonna get left on the bench.