[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone wagering tomorrow?

HowboutthemCowboys

I teased both underdogs and the Overs as soon as the lines came out on Sunday:

MIN +10.5 and Over 47

NYJ +14.5 and Over 33.5

If IND and NOS win in blowouts, that's fine by me too... I'll lose the above bets, but would stand to win over $800 between two playoff pools.

Of course, I would gladly lose all of the above if MIN can manage to get back to the SB. :wacko:

Loving the Vikes and the under in that game. Everyone thinks the Saints offense is back after last week....but didn't they put those points up against the worst playoff defense in the history of the NFL (in terms of points allowed)?

The Saints come way back to earth tomorrow....think back to their game against the Cowboys, and how Dallas was able to put pressue on Brees and take the Saints offense out of rhythm. Similar scenario tomorrow. And with the Vikes ability to run the ball, and Favre's short-passing ability to move the chains, they should be able to keep the Saints off the field...and inevitably in catch-up mode and one dimensional.

My pick: Vikings 27, Saints 17.

Less confident in the other game, but I am leaning on the Jets and the over. I think the Jets will continue their playoff ways of pounding the ball against a potentially forgiving Colts defense. I would wager they win the time of posession convincingly. I also think the Jets defense can disrupt the Colts offense, the way the Ravens were able to for all but the last 5 minutes of the 1st half.

Preliminary pick: Colts 26, Jets 20

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Loving the Vikes and the under in that game. Everyone thinks the Saints offense is back after last week....but didn't they put those point up against the worst playoff defense in the history of the NFL (in terms of points allowed)?

The Saints come way back to earth tomorrow....think back to their game against the Cowboys, and how Dallas was able to put pressue on Brees and take the Saints offense out of rhythm. Similar scenario tomorrow. And with the Vikes ability to run the ball, and Favre's short-passing ability to move the chains, they should be able to keep the Saints off the field...and inevitably in catch-up mode an done dimensional.

Less confident in the other game, but I am leaning on the Jets and the over. I think the Jets will continue their playoff ways of pounding the ball against a potentially forgiving Colts defense. I would wager they win the time of posession convincingly. I also think the Jets defense can disrupt the Colts offense, the way the Ravens were able to for all but the last 5 minutes of the 1st half.

Preliminary pick: Colts 20, Jets 16

Now there's a ballsy pick! That's what i like to see.

Saints are home...I hope the Vikes have been working on the silent count b/c its gonna be louder then ever....

Saints are healthy...Look what there defense did to the red hot Cardinals offense....

Saints will be better prepared then they were against the Cowboys....You better believe the Vikes gameplan is to pressure Brees but you gotta expect the Saints to be prepared for a counter....

And I just have a feeling that Brett Favre has been saving his INT'S for this game....Its bound to happen.

Saints Win 31-17 :wacko::D

I could use some help with these two games. So far I'm 1-8 & need to get these two games right to have a chance to break even. I'm leaning toward the Saints & Colts...but I'd hate to jinx anyone.

I'm kinda in your boat man. Didn't make a bet all year as I was consumed with FF only to find myself 2-5 (-250) thru the first two weeks of the playoffs. Today reminded me just how much I hate paying the man, but whatever....I'm not going down without a fight! haha

My favorite two plays tommorrow are:

Vikings + 3 1/2 - Although they havent been the same team on the road, I feel the Vikes will cause serious matchup problems for New Orleans similiar to the way Dallas did back in Week 15. If the Saints become one dimensional, which most likely will be the case, it sets up nicely for the Jared Allen, Ray Edwards and the Williams Wall to just reek havoc on Brees. AP hasn't quite been himself, but he is more than capable of chewing up clock against this Saints front seven. I kinda agree with the sentiment that this is a game that most likely stays under but I'm not brave enough to sweat that out! Gonna say 30 - 21 Vikings with the Saints scoring late to make it close.

Indy/NYJ over 39 1/2 - Best case scenario here, the Colts get up say 20-6 at half and the over never really seems in doubt. That being said, Peyton's penchant for disappearing in playoff games has me a little nervous to take a side in this game. Even if the Jets make a game of it and control the clock on the ground, you have to think that worse case the Colts will be able to score some points late. Something tells me this game could look alot like the Miami/Indy game we saw earlier in the year when the Colts were dominated for 90% of the game, only to score at will late and find a way to win. I'm feeling Indy 27 Jets 23.

Edited by malta69

I'm feeling Indy 27 Jets 23.

You really think the Jets will score 23? They aren't paying a double-header. :wacko:

You really think the Jets will score 23? They aren't paying a double-header. :D

:wacko:

Yeah, I don't see that either. I think the Jets win this game in a relatively low-scoring defensive struggle- 17-14 or they lose by 10+ 31-17.

You really think the Jets will score 23? They aren't paying a double-header. :wacko:

Haha you might have a point. I think I lost track of how many times I said "run up the middle" in the second half last week. I could be way off base, but its just a hunch I have that we could see a few explosive plays from the Jets this week, specifically out of Greene and Brad Smith and maybe even one or two out of that bum Braylon!

Edited by malta69

I have the Colts at 7.5 and 8. Most of the ESPN honks on countdown were picking the Jets so I think the Colts are pretty solid.

17 points for the Jets and its not even halftime :wacko:

...and then they were done. Do work son. :D

I'm kinda in your boat man. Didn't make a bet all year as I was consumed with FF only to find myself 2-5 (-250) thru the first two weeks of the playoffs. Today reminded me just how much I hate paying the man, but whatever....I'm not going down without a fight! haha

My favorite two plays tommorrow are:

Vikings + 3 1/2 - Although they havent been the same team on the road, I feel the Vikes will cause serious matchup problems for New Orleans similiar to the way Dallas did back in Week 15. If the Saints become one dimensional, which most likely will be the case, it sets up nicely for the Jared Allen, Ray Edwards and the Williams Wall to just reek havoc on Brees. AP hasn't quite been himself, but he is more than capable of chewing up clock against this Saints front seven. I kinda agree with the sentiment that this is a game that most likely stays under but I'm not brave enough to sweat that out! Gonna say 30 - 21 Vikings with the Saints scoring late to make it close.

Indy/NYJ over 39 1/2 - Best case scenario here, the Colts get up say 20-6 at half and the over never really seems in doubt. That being said, Peyton's penchant for disappearing in playoff games has me a little nervous to take a side in this game. Even if the Jets make a game of it and control the clock on the ground, you have to think that worse case the Colts will be able to score some points late. Something tells me this game could look alot like the Miami/Indy game we saw earlier in the year when the Colts were dominated for 90% of the game, only to score at will late and find a way to win. I'm feeling Indy 27 Jets 23.

Aaaaah it feels good to stick it to "the man" every once in a while! :wacko: