[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the NFC title game - Vikes / Saints

MustOfBeenDrunk

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't the penalty it was for a late hit out of bounds on harvin

No, it was on 93, McCray. The flag was thrown right by where Favre was out. Aikman even said that the ref called the penalty wrong, but hit the right player. 93 tried to kill Favre and was no where near Harvin.

Edited by piratesownninjas

No, it was on 93, McCray. The flag was thrown right by where Favre was out. Aikman even said that the ref called the penalty wrong, but hit the right player. 93 tried to kill Favre and was no where near Harvin.

Well if that's the case then no it should not have been a penalty he is free game on a handoff

Well if that's the case then no it should not have been a penalty he is free game on a handoff

And on the next play McCray, 93, who was called for the penalty was getting dog cussed by Sean Payton. I don't have a problem with the call, as the Saints probably should have been called on an earlier play but weren't.

Not saying the penalty wasn't legit, but if Favre can't be touched after he hands off, is he able to go and block a saint?

If this was the case players would be teeing off on qbs after they hand off on every play. I see your point but I assume there is some sort of rule against flooring a defenseless qb that is standing and watching a play after he hands off or throws a pass. Was that play a pass or hand off ?

If this was the case players would be teeing off on qbs after they hand off on every play. I see your point but I assume there is some sort of rule against flooring a defenseless qb that is standing and watching a play after he hands off or throws a pass. Was that play a pass or hand off ?

I said in that post that I thought the penalty was legit. My question was that since he (any QB, especailly high profile QB's) handed off and is now deemed defensless, then he shouldn't be able to run up field, or block any defensive player.

It was a handoff, and Favre was going the opposite direction as the runner after he handed off. I see a legit call and I'm unbiased.

I said in that post that I thought the penalty was legit. My question was that since he (any QB, especailly high profile QB's) handed off and is now deemed defensless, then he shouldn't be able to run up field, or block any defensive player.

I know. It is a good question

It was a handoff, and Favre was going the opposite direction as the runner after he handed off. I see a legit call and I'm unbiased.

unbiased also and thought it was a bad flag...very easily favre could have faked the handoff and kept it for a boot

Edit: and the hit was basically a split second after the handoff too

Edited by keggerz

I think the distinction comes in if he's running up the field or blocking, then he's not considered in a defenseless position.

unbiased also and thought it was a bad flag...very easily favre could have faked the handoff and kept it for a boot

Very good point. I stand corrected sir.

Favre went toward McCray and McCray threw him to the ground. It shouldn't have been a penalty. Throwing a player out of your way isn't a penalty.

Im not sure of the point you are trying to make here. Is a def player allowed to hit a qb because of the posibility that the qb has the ball on a bootleg ? On d you have to have the discipline to know when a guy has the ball and when he doesnt