[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the NFC title game - Vikes / Saints

MustOfBeenDrunk

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me doesn't want Favre to come back next year...I mean he had such an amazing season this season it would be almost impossible to repeat that and hope to go even further in the playoffs next year...

...the other part of me thinks TJax is awful and who knows what Sage can do, nothing close to Favre at least...

Part of me doesn't want Favre to come back next year...I mean he had such an amazing season this season it would be almost impossible to repeat that and hope to go even further in the playoffs next year...

Especially since Favre apparently can't get over the hump anymore. I said 07 may have been his last, best chance the way EVERYTHING broke right for GB that season.....

...and he had arguably a BETTER chance this season. And what happens? Int in the clutch. Yes, he didn't singlehandedly lose that game by ANY stretch, but in a situation where a QB of his pedigree should be winching the team on his back and making a key play to help win, if not win it outright, he chucks it up for grabs. Like in '07. And in '04. And '03. And '01.

...the other part of me thinks TJax is awful and who knows what Sage can do, nothing close to Favre at least...

I posted earlier that if he comes back great...if he doesn't life goes on. I am not going to get involved in the circus that the media will create this spring and summer. I am already seeing the articles being printed. Although they (media) won't say it, but they love his indecision, they make money of this soap opera and a lot of it.

Exactly. Favre played better than everyone(including Favre) thought he would. I think those hoping for him to come back are looking for lightning to strike twice :wacko:

Especially since Favre apparently can't get over the hump anymore. I said 07 may have been his last, best chance the way EVERYTHING broke right for GB that season.....

...and he had arguably a BETTER chance this season. And what happens? Int in the clutch. Yes, he didn't singlehandedly lose that game by ANY stretch, but in a situation where a QB of his pedigree should be winching the team on his back and making a key play to help win, if not win it outright, he chucks it up for grabs. Like in '07. And in '04. And '03. And '01.

Well said.

Favre had (arguably) his best season. The schedule was favorable for the Vikings(both opposition-wise and venues). The pieces (as PA would say) did seem to be in place. And at the moment of truth, Favre undid with that last throw most of the good he did with all of his others. And it aint the first time that's happend. And he aint getting any younger or healthier :D

I posted earlier that if he comes back great...if he doesn't life goes on. I am not going to get involved in the circus that the media will create this spring and summer. I am already seeing the articles being printed. Although they (media) won't say it, but they love his indecision, they make money of this soap opera and a lot of it.

I agree. I just believe 100% the Vikings need to know what he's going to do sooner rather than later. They need to get an answer out of him and they all need to roll with whatever that decision is and NOT LOOK BACK. If he says he's done, then they need to be done with him. If he says he wants to play but not show up til late august, fine, but they need to know that before Free Agency and the Draft. And therein lies the rub...they're not going to know and/or I dont believe they have enough sack to tell him how its going to be rather than wait and see what he's going to do to/for them. He's got all the leverage because they've allowed him to.

They've gotten involved with an enigmatic, indecisive 40yr old diva who cant be taken at his word. They've made their bed and now they get to sleep in it :D

ETA: And I know the media will go nuts with it(as usual) because its easy for them. And I am not naive to think there might be subterfuge that both Favre and the team put out there. In the end, though, (whether publicly known or not) Vikes need to know what Favre's going to do so they can plan accordingly.

Edited by Delicious_bass

I was hoping he'd finally win it all and then go away to drive his tractor.

But, the damn INT at a bad time bit his team in the a$$ again. Dumb play. But, as in the 03, 04, 07, he didn't singlehandedly lose it...but didn't help it either.

This, to me was his last chance to go all the way IMHO. But, then again, he proved everyone wrong this year. He could do it again next year, but needs to get more protection. He showed his age last game.

GO COLTS!