[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FAILVRE

Kansas State 2000

2- 0

Sure, the Vikings beat the packers twice this year, but what did it equate to? Nothing. The Vikings will be sitting their asses at the same place the Packers will be for the Super Bowl... Home. None of that matters. Like the great Phil Anselmo once sang... Yesterday Don't mean poopy.

If you want to rest on your laurals go for it, but Rodgers and company are going to be gangbusters next year. Everything went perfect for your team this year and this was the outcome. Still.Short.

Sure, the Vikings beat the packers twice this year, but what did it equate to? Nothing. The Vikings will be sitting their asses at the same place the Packers will be for the Super Bowl... Home. None of that matters.

In my book, as a fan, there is a big difference between losing a conference championship game in OT and being eliminated wildcard weekend. Jeebus, this irrepressible Packer Backer Favre obsession has gotten more than tiresome. :wacko:

In my book, as a fan, there is a big difference between losing a conference championship game in OT and being eliminated wildcard weekend. Jeebus, this irrepressible Packer Backer Favre obsession has gotten more than tiresome. :wacko:

Oh no, Bushwacked has taken me to task again. Open your eyes every once in a while and you can see that no one was even talking about the Packers until a Viking fan brought up there 2 wins, which at this point mean zero. I don't care too much about your book, because you either win or lose, and there are 31 losers. And where did I mention Favre? Oh, I didn't.

Oh no, Bushwacked has taken me to task again. Open your eyes every once in a while and you can see that no one was even talking about the Packers until a Viking fan brought up there 2 wins, which at this point mean zero. I don't care too much about your book, because you either win or lose, and there are 31 losers. And where did I mention Favre? Oh, I didn't.

Come on, that is lame. Tosberg is the one that mentioned the score of the game. Aren't you the one with the Smiiley post? Do you really want to be associated with Tosberg's level?

Come on, that is lame. Tosberg is the one that mentioned the score of the game. Aren't you the one with the Smiiley post? Do you really want to be associated with Tosberg's level?

Me saying that 2-0 against the packers is a weak retort doesn't equate to me being associated with Tosberg's level. 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2, it doesn't make a difference. The packers lost in the playoffs, the vikings lost in the playoffs. Neither are going to the super bowl. That was my entire point. And as far as the smile posts... It's not like I didn't get cute PM's from Valhalla and Sgt.RyanDallasSooner when the packers lost, and both tried to rub my nose in the fact that Favre was still in the game.

Would like to give a collective pimp slap to everyone who made a Favre thread today...

No really...I think I went cross-eyed when the forum loaded.

On the subject of Favre tho, I think he came back for two reasons, to win a championship, and like he said re-establish his legacy. He didn't win a ring but he had arguably his best season of his storied career, and if it's his last, it's a good one to go out on.

/salute

Now please go home, talk it over with the family, and announce your final retirement in the next week and don't come back, don't think about coming back, don't put feelers out there once OTA's hit, just leave it be and we'll see you at your induction speech, (which should be interesting.)

In my book, as a fan, there is a big difference between losing a conference championship game in OT and being eliminated wildcard weekend.

+1.

I remember getting a load of #$%@ about failed season when Packers lost to Denver (from Vikes fans). Yeah it isn't winning the SuperBowl, but going to SB or Conf Champ makes for one hell of a season.

The only failure is when someone doesn't try. Favre gave us another terrific season. He came up short of his goal, but to try to call him out as a failure is weak. If you want to know what a failure is, then take a look at the 2009 Cowboys practice facility.

Edited by electricrelish

Sure, the Vikings beat the packers twice this year, but what did it equate to? Nothing. The Vikings will be sitting their asses at the same place the Packers will be for the Super Bowl... Home. None of that matters. Like the great Phil Anselmo once sang... Yesterday Don't mean poopy.

If you want to rest on your laurals go for it, but Rodgers and company are going to be gangbusters next year. Everything went perfect for your team this year and this was the outcome. Still.Short.

My response was to the Tos - when did you turn into such a sensitive bagina.

Me saying that 2-0 against the packers is a weak retort doesn't equate to me being associated with Tosberg's level. 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2, it doesn't make a difference. The packers lost in the playoffs, the vikings lost in the playoffs. Neither are going to the super bowl. That was my entire point. And as far as the smile posts... It's not like I didn't get cute PM's from Valhalla and Sgt.RyanDallasSooner when the packers lost, and both tried to rub my nose in the fact that Favre was still in the game.

Vikes versions to Tosberg and gbpf1234. This I can sympathize with, but you have become much more bitter and have dippped to that level recently.

All is fair in these pissing matches but I must say I'm rather amused that a Cowboy fan started this one up. Um, you lose by 4+ TDs to someone, maybe you don't laugh when that guy loses the next week. 'Cause he sure as hell wasn't a "failvure" when he was lighting up your boys.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and feel free to mention that my Niners haven't done jack for a number of years now but realize that it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

So it appears nobody can give anyone crap anymore? What? I thought that is what FF and FF message boards were all about. Besides, Vikings fans were the first ones to talk smack when PackerNation went thru the whole Favre divorce drama only to get all full of themselves when they landed him at the last minute - and then gloat about it by calling Packer fans jealous.

At the time, I simply stated that they should basically watch out what they wish for because they just might get it. And they did. Now that I'm right (and more than just me said it at the time, actually) suddenly I'm a low level cave dweller? That's ridiculous. I say it's time to nut-up and take your lumps instead of crying like a bunch of babies.

It really is no big deal but do you really expect everyone on these boards to hold your hand and give you a bottle of warm milk? What's the point in having rivalries if you can't get passionate about them? I've hated the Vikings since the early 90's so this just isn't some knee-jerk Favre reaction.

Lighten up dudes. WE in PackerNation feel your pain because we've been there before w/Favre - more than once. We got over it and so will you.

Edited by tosberg34