[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Garrard now in the Pro Bowl

Cunning Runt

I doubt the Pro Bowl ever goes away. It'll just continue to be a weak exhibition game with a number of the league's stars not even showing up. I like the idea of playing up the skills competition side. At least then there is something more to Pro Bowl weekend. But the very nature of football makes it horribly incompatible with an exhibition of all stars. Still, why not try moving it to the week before the SB? I mean, it's already a failure in Hawaii. And I don't know if I'm alone in this sentiment, but I always feel a pretty big void after the SB ends, knowing football is done. Nothing replaces that void, including the Pro Bowl. However, maybe the Pro Bowl could at least marginally fill some of the void of the weekend between the Championship games and the SB. Maybe not though... :wacko:

It was just in the local (Jax) paper today that he will not get his bonus for making the Pro Bowl as he was not voted in.

So does this same logic apply for a person's personal record too? In order to be a Pro-Bowl quarterback in the annals of the NFL, do you have to be the top vote getters before any declines are made? Or do Garrard, Young, and Schaub get little asterisks by their names with footnotes that say they went to the PB this year?