[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beware of the 2010 Miami Dolphins

Duchess Jack

I am typically pretty grounded in my homerism. I don't talk trash and won't bet on my team – but I am going to stick my neck out there and tell you all to beware a Miami Dolphins team that went 7-9 this season.

Miami experienced some growing pains this year but I feel that the growing pains matured them as a team. I think they'll be a stronger team for the experience because they're a tough flippin' team. They play hard, they play hurt and their ability to move a ball up and down a field seems as much a result of their strength of will as it does the play calling or the skills of any one player.

Miami lost Chad Pennington, Ronnie Brown, Jason Ferguson and Will Allen this year. These guys weren't only starters, they weren't only four guys who ranked among the top ten players on our team – they were also leaders. This team faced a lot of obstacles this year – including what might have been the hardest schedule in the NFL – and just kept finding ways to bring it every week.

This will be the third Sparano/Parcells/Ireland offseason and traing camp.

Henne should be going into camp as the starter. He has all the physical tools you could ask for and he learned a lot about work ethic and professionalism from Pennington. He was able to accomplish a lot in his second year in the league. This is going to be a very meaningful training camp for him.

We have a lot of other young guys on this team – Tedd Ginn, Chad Henne, Devon Bess, Jake Long, Brian Hartline, Pat White, Sean Smith, Vonte Davis, Lex Hilliard, Philip Merling, Anthony Fasano, Donald Thomas, Chris Clemons, Patrick Turner, etc who are going to continue to grow and benefit from imprint that Sparano and Parcells are putting on the team.

Keep an eye on Hartline. He reminds me a lot of Welker when Welker was on Miami.

Dan Henning has proven to be versatile and imaginative. He first started the wildcat because Miami had a lot of Oline problems. The wildcat wasn't working last year and towards the end of the season Henne has having 300 yard games. Henning will continue next year where he left off this year – but benefit an improved cast of characters.

We also just hired Nolan as DC. Folk here likely know as much about him as I do and likely more – but it has the feeling of a very good signing to me.

On top of everything else, Miami has a really deep team. They don't need to, but they could cut Will Allen, Chad Pennington, Jason Taylor, Joey Porter and/or Gbril Wilson and not have a very significant drop-off in on the field results. So we would have what it would take to make a move on a high priced WR if one presented itself.

No doubt that MIA will play bigger than the sum of the parts, but my concern is that the receivers would probably rank no better than #3 on most teams - maybe a #2 at best - and the rushing game is up to a 33 year old back and a guy who has suffered a couple of major injuries. MIA won't be an offensive juggernaut because that is not how they are designed. They'll be plenty competitive if they can remain healthy but the offense looks average at best to me.

What DMD said. Their O is extremely unreliable. Brown in particular was known for this before he was even drafted, I don't see it changing - and isn't Wms' contract up? Whenever it is, I'd be very surrpised if he didn't quit and go back to Jamaica or whatever. Also the D didn't exactly dazzle anyone either. There's potential, but this team isn't there yet by any means.

No doubt that MIA will play bigger than the sum of the parts, but my concern is that the receivers would probably rank no better than #3 on most teams - maybe a #2 at best - and the rushing game is up to a 33 year old back and a guy who has suffered a couple of major injuries. MIA won't be an offensive juggernaut because that is not how they are designed. They'll be plenty competitive if they can remain healthy but the offense looks average at best to me.

I suppose that I have more confidence in Chad Henne than most. One of those things you can put your finger on, just a hunch that he will outperform what most expect. as for the WR's they do not have that #1 guy but that's allready been discussed earlier in the thread say that they will need to grab someone like Boldin to be competitive.