[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow at senior bowl.

Flip_Side

Heard he's been having a tough time, anyone have any info?

I watched a bit of it yesterday. He looked fine.

To be quite honest the media is just doing everything they can to nit-pick at the college prodigy.

While I certainly don't think his talents will equate to the same degree in the NFL, I think he'll hold his own and be alright.

A QB guru like Brad Childress could surely mold Tebow into an NFL quality QB right? He tried the small school product with all the skills in Jackson, so is it now the time to try the big school product with questionable skills? Reunite him with Percy and Unta becomes a big Vikings fan. :wacko:

A QB guru like Brad Childress could surely mold Tebow into an NFL quality QB right? He tried the small school product with all the skills in Jackson, so is it now the time to try the big school product with questionable skills? Reunite him with Percy and Unta becomes a big Vikings fan. :wacko:

The Cap'n sees into my soul and shares my dreams with all.

Edited by untateve

This player analysis from 2005 looks scary familiar to what is being said now of Tebow...

Matt Jones

: WR+TE+QB

One of the most gifted athletes to ever come out of the college ranks,

Jones

is going to be a "pleasant problem" for an NFL team, as his stellar performance during Senior Bowl week has teams wondering what is his true pro position.

Arkansas

was faced with the same dilemma when

Jones

enrolled at the school. In addition to his outstanding size, strength and quickness, he has the ability to play equally well in any task he is given.

Yeah... sure Jacksonville won't bite. Hometown hero = ticket sales, which is entirely what the Jags need right now.

This player analysis from 2005 looks scary familiar to what is being said now of Tebow...

Matt Jones

Yeah... sure Jacksonville won't bite. Hometown hero = ticket sales, which is entirely what the Jags need right now.

and because of this I actually believe they could pull the trigger in round 1, nah even the Jags can't be that hard up to sell tickets :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

and because of this I actually believe they could pull the trigger in round 1, nah even the Jags can't be that hard up to sell tickets :wacko:

They are but Tebow doesn't = Jones and if anything because of Jones, I think they'd be more hesitant. It's not like he's a low-end 1st round pick that they might reach a little and take higher......he's at best 2d round material. If they really feel desperate enough for this due as a PR move/longshot to find a "real" QB, they'll either wait till the 2d or trade up or down accordingly to get him in early 2d at most.

The Jaguars have reached for several players in the first round. Byron Leftwich, Reggie Williams, and Matt Jones were all taken before their projected draft slots for 3 consecutive years from 2003-2005. Williams and Leftwich in the top 10. Follow that up in 2008 with reaching for Florida product DE Derrick Harvey at #8 and I see a trend. Two of their last three first round draft picks have been Gators.

Edited by CaptainHook

Believe me that I'm tired of hearing about Tebow from all the college FB I watch, BUT I think he might end up ok if he goes to the right place. I mean, I don't think the long delivery is any worse than V. Young. And I think he has a better head on his shoulders than Young so I guess, why not. If a solid running team wants a kid that will give them great effort, good leadership, and fight for a starting job, he might fit. I don't find JAX to be a terrible fit. especially if Garrard stays there long enough to give Tebow a year or so to learn the O. I just hope the media simmers down a bit once the kid is finally drafted someplace. The daily Tebow updates on sportscenter are getting unbearable. :wacko:

The Jaguars have reached for several players in the first round. Byron Leftwich, Reggie Williams, and Matt Jones were all taken before their projected draft slots for 3 consecutive years from 2003-2005. Williams and Leftwich in the top 10. Follow that up in 2008 with reaching for Florida product DE Derrick Harvey at #8 and I see a trend. Two of their last three first round draft picks have been Gators.

Good points

Matt Jones

I can't wait to read on the internet that Tebow was caught in his car in front of a Gainesville bar cutting lines of coke with a credit card.

Watch it, Hook!

I can't wait to read on the internet that Tebow was caught in his car in front of a Gainesville bar cutting lines of coke with a credit card.

With a credit card from one of the corporations he advertises for.

Edited by polksalet