[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Williams

Big Ernie McCracken

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, just found it

Bullit fined $5000 for hit on Sanchez.

So, either McRay is getting fined $5,000 more than Bullit for the same hit or the NFL is completely letting Ray Edwards off the hook for his hit on Brees. :wacko:

Oh look, I didn't know Ray Edwards liked to hit the QB late also... And leg-whipping, tsk tsk

Let's add to the list, shall we?

Edited by rajncajn

Trying to figure this math out...

McCray fined $20000 for 2 hits, Bullit fined $5000 for 1 hit, Edwards not fined. So I guess that means that McCray wasn't fined for the hit he was actually penalized for? : :wacko:

Leg hit = $15,000

Handoff= $5,000 (same one that Bullit made)

Penalized hit= $0 (same one that Edwards made)

Nice, just found it

Bullit fined $5000 for hit on Sanchez.

So, either McRay is getting fined $5,000 more than Bullit for the same hit or the NFL is completely letting Ray Edwards off the hook for his hit on Brees. :wacko:

Oh look, I didn't know Ray Edwards liked to hit the QB late also... And leg-whipping, tsk tsk

Let's add to the list, shall we?

When Allen received that fine, he was warned he could face possible suspension if he had any future questionable hits. Allen said Wednesday that he was not planning on changing his style of play.

"No, nothing that happened was intentional. Most of those hits I was falling to the ground and I try to pull up," he said. "I'm not going to change the way I play. I'm going to play hard from snap to whistle and keep playing football."

Asked if he believed the league was getting away from the game itself, Allen said: "Obviously I have personal opinions about it, but I'll keep those to myself. The way I look at it is I told my side of the story and they told me what they thought was going on. We were able to see eye-to-eye and get a better understanding from both sides. I'm just going to go out and keep playing football the way I play football."

:D:D

BTW... On McCray's hit on Favre's legs, Mike Pereira stated that McCray was low on Favre because of a push in the back from the offensive lineman. I seem to remember a lot of people here defending Jared Allen last year saying it looked like he was losing his balance & the hit was likely unintentional. Maybe somebody can dig up that thread.

ETA: Also notice Ayodele tried to pull up on that hit.

Edited by rajncajn

Saints fined $30,000 by NFL for hits versus Vikings

Posted by Chip Scoggins

Last update: January 29, 2010 - 5:19 PM

Three New Orleans Saints players were fined a total of $30,000 for four different hits in Sunday's NFC Championship game. Three of those hits were delivered to Brett Favre.

As we mentioned earlier Bobby McCray was fined $20,00 for two hits on Favre. The first came after Favre handed off to Percy Harvin in the first quarter. McCray then hit Favre in the knees on his interception in the third quarter, causing Favre to suffer a left ankle injury.

Defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove was fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness when he lifted Favre up and slammed him to the turf in the third quarter.

Finally, Jonathan Casillas was fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness when he hit punt returner Darius Reynaud after he had downed the ball.

Funny, Aikman thought the call on Hargrove was a bad call and I still disagree with the penalty on Casillas since the muffed punt hit the turf. Casillas was going after the fumble by hitting the returner. Reggie Bush got blasted when he dropped his punt.

Edited by rajncajn