[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Draft Talk

Cowboyz1

I am looking at the roster of the Cowboys and I am surprised at how well rounded the team is heading into this years draft. I don't see many holes or many spots on this Roster.

Starting with the Offense

Gurode

Davis

Kosier

Adams

Colombo

Free

All starters and signed for a few years. I see us drafting to replace Adams but the rest is solid.

We are set a QB and RB for a few years also with Barber, Jones and Choice. I do see Felix taking over for Barber or even Choice moving in.

I could see us drafting a true fullback as Dion has had some injury concerns.

Austin, Williams, Crayton, Hurd, and Ogeltree all are solid but another Elite WR wouldn't hurt.

TE is set also with Witten and Bennett if he ever gets serious about the game that is.

On Defesnse I don't see many wholes either.

Jenkins, Scandrick, Newman are becoming one of the best secondaries in the league while we could upgrade behind them with another good project CB.

I like our Safties but Hamlin is a bit long in the tooth but and the rookie Hamlin is questionable. I could see us drafting a safety.

D line is very strong with Spears, Ratliff, Hatcher and Olshansky. Bowen is a good up and comer but a true nose to spell ratliff could be in order.

Linebackers are one of the best units in football but I would like to see another inside backer to compete with Carpenter althought he had his best year as a Cowboy this year.

Then there is Kicker, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Folk after getting right again after surgery. I don't know what happened to the kid as he was money before the surgery. Otherwise we need a veteran kicker not another rookie for the playoff run.

So in all I see top priority O line namely tackle.

Then I go

WR

Safety

Fullback

D lineman Nose tackle

Linebacker

Should make for a very competitive camp which should make the team even better.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I holy disagree. There are several wholes on the offensive line. The O line did not open any wholes for the RB's against Minny. Romo had no time as the Viing D found whide open pass rushing lanes. Flozell Adams is a black whole. His best days are bewind him. The Chowboys may be able to compee in the NFC Least these days, but to say they don't have some big wholes is incorrect, and cannot be debwated.

a few random thoughts

I think we've seen all we're gona see from Hurd. Crayton is a really good #3. Not sure what they're gonna do with R Williams but I expect he'll get another shot next year. I have high hopes for Ogletree. Would'nt be surprised to see them draft a wr late but I don't expect them to.

Carpenter stinks. Brooking was a great signing. Love the intensity he brings that's been lacking in Dallas.

You can never have enough DB's. They'll be drafting there IMO. I think ( don't quote me on this) that Sensabaugh only signed a 1 year deal to come here.

Would'nt be surprised to see Free take over for Flozell in a year or 2. He played pretty well at RT when Colombo was out. He's only been in the league a couple years.

Obviously they have to draft a K.

Would LOVE to see them draft someone to run back kicks/punts. Does'nt Cribbs want out of Cleveland? :wacko:

It's a cliche but I think Dallas can draft "best player available" this year.

I holy disagree. There are several wholes on the offensive line. The O line did not open any wholes for the RB's against Minny. Romo had no time as the Viing D found whide open pass rushing lanes. Flozell Adams is a black whole. His best days are bewind him. The Chowboys may be able to compee in the NFC Least these days, but to say they don't have some big wholes is incorrect, and cannot be debwated.

:wacko:

Flozell's false starts drive me nuts. But he had alot of success this year, again, against some pretty good pass rushers.

Jared Allen didnt sniff Romo while Adams was in there.

Were you drunk when you posted this?

Not because I don't agree with you, but because of your lack of knowledge on spelling.

:wacko:

You are extremely positive and enthusiastic about your team and I completely respect that. You remind me of myself several years ago. Now, I was proven right, as my team went onto to two Super Bowl victories. :wacko: However, it is a big gamble, as you have given every card-carrying Dallas Cowboy hater so many posts to throw back up when it blows up in your face, that it is going to take a lot of work to decide which one to bring up first. I look forward to that work :D

You are extremely positive and enthusiastic about your team and I completely respect that. You remind me of myself several years ago. Now, I was proven right, as my team went onto to two Super Bowl victories. :wacko: However, it is a big gamble, as you have given every card-carrying Dallas Cowboy hater so many posts to throw back up when it blows up in your face, that it is going to take a lot of work to decide which one to bring up first. I look forward to that work :D

You just worry about how your gonna keep up, cause once we get 6 then the race is on again for Lords of the Rings. :D

Edited by Cowboyz1