[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Pro Bowl Thread***

Do Work Son

If you like offense, this is the game for you. No blitzing. No bump-n-run. No stunts. It actually looks like the defensive linemen are not even trying. Second quarter tied at 17.

Doesn't look like much of anyone is really trying. And really why should they?

zzzzzzzzzz

Edited by BeeR

Several times they mentioned different rules for tonight. Are there really different rules? Or are they just talking about different "rules" since it's an exhibition game with limited practice and play packages?

Teams are limited to base packages and no blitzing is allowed.

My dad called me at halftime to ask me if I was watching the game (I wasn't). He then told me that this is the first pro bowl he's ever watched... And based on how much complaining he did about the lack of effort and intensity, I'll bet it's the last one he ever watches. But what I found interesting is that my dad, a huge football fan, admitted to me that he only thought to tune in because the game was before the Super Bowl. I wonder if the TV ratings will be substantially different this year because of guys like my dad that stop thinking about NFL football after the Super Bowl.

And as I'm typing this, I just saw Romo enter the game and they flashed the stat that this is his third pro bowl. Really? His third? I would not have guessed that...

Typical Romo. Game on the line and he throws a pick.

Was thinking the same thing.

Wasn't the best game to watch, but I'll agree I liked listening to the players mic'd up. Guys like Josh Cribbs were really doing everything they could to increase their value.

It was obvious which players were on the same page with each other though (Schaub/Andre & Romo/Austin) and which ones were new to offenses and working with eachother - like Aaron Rodgers yelling to DeSean that he was supposed to run a quick out as they walked to the line.

I don't understand how Garrard and Young are Pro-Bowl Qb's. I think Young has really improved this year but not a Pro Bowler. What is the QB pro bowl criteria in the AFL-----being on a team?

They were deep alternate selections as the regular selections were unable to play: Manning (Super Bowl), Rivers (decided to sit it out) and Brady (injury). Apparently some other alternates sat it out too.