[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 11 Cover - Drew Brees, Jarred Allen or Reggie Wayne...

kpholmes

Didn't Fitzgerald already break the curse? Or does one of two players being affected still keep the curse alive?

From wikipedia :D

On September 10 2009, Strong Safety Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers, who was featured along with Larry Fitzgerald on the cover of Madden NFL 10, sprained his MCL in the first half of the season opener and missed the next four games. After returning, Polamalu played in three more games before injuring his posterior cruciate ligament on November 14, 2009 against Cincinnati, and missed more games as a result. Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand, started all 16 regular season games for the Cardinals and suffered no injuries that caused him to miss games. He has, however, pulled out of the 2010 Pro Bowl, citing a knee injury he suffered week 14 against the San Francisco 49ers. He recorded 97 receptions (third-most of his NFL career), 1,092 yards (fourth-most), and a career-high 13 touchdowns.

Depends on how you look at it, Polamalu probably doesn't think so :wacko:

I don't see why any player would do this anymore. Wether you believe in a curse or not, the history is just too much to ignore.
Money. Fame. Imortalized forever on the cover of the football game of the era. Yeah, I can't see why anyone would want that.

• 2 months later...
By Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune

April 21, 2010, 7:30PM

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees officially will be announced Thursday as the cover boy for EA Sports' Madden 11 video game, having "won" a fan vote over Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne and Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen.

Sorry Saints fans.

Sorry Saints fans.

We've beaten all other odds, this one's silly by comparison. I'm glad he got it, both for the recognition & the challenge. Maybe now Brees can put this thing to bed along with the SI curse, the voodoo curse & the Saints first Superbowl. :wacko:

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees said he's willing to take on the 'Madden curse'

By Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune

April 19, 2010, 3:12PM

After leading the New Orleans Saints to the first Super Bowl in franchise history, quarterback Drew Brees might have another daunting task on his hands - breaking the "Madden curse."

"You know what, I'm not rooting against it," Brees said, when asked about his hopes for the vote. "If it does happen, just like records are made to be broken, curses are made to be broken too. If the fans have spoken, if I am indeed their vote, then I'll do my best to break that trend."

I kinda thought Fitz broke the curse last year. I suppose his QB was niggled all year which deflated LF's stats a bit but compared to some of the other guys who have been on the cover that was a pretty good season.

In one keeper I'm in the same division as the Brees, allen and wayne owners so how about all 3? what could possibly go wrong bwahaha.

Or better yet, the raiders team photo, love that idea SH21 lol.

I kinda thought Fitz broke the curse last year. I suppose his QB was niggled all year which deflated LF's stats a bit but compared to some of the other guys who have been on the cover that was a pretty good season.

In one keeper I'm in the same division as the Brees, allen and wayne owners so how about all 3? what could possibly go wrong bwahaha.

Or better yet, the raiders team photo, love that idea SH21 lol.

Wasn't he on the cover with Polomalu? If so, the curse goes on since he was injured all year.

it's official.......

Brees will most likely get hurt this year...... Cover of Madden 2011

Seriously hope it doesn't but you can't ignore the curse...... feel bad for him and the Saints......

Edited by Big Dogs