[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martz excited

Big Ernie McCracken

I loved going to games here in STL when he was OC and then HC. Guy has a personality that rubs a lot of people wrong, but man, can the guy coach an offense.

Hester = Holt

Knox = Bruce

Aromashodu = Hakim

Bennett = Proehl

Cutler = Warner (?) What did I just say?

Well... in theory at least.

:wacko:

I thought it was just as funny - then I remembered Kitna threw for 4000 yards, and Mike Furrey was a 1000 yard receiver too when Martz was there. Now THAT is funny. I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'...

Biggest x-factor here, imho, is the fuel Cutler has between his ears for his rocket arm. One way or another, something's blowin' up.

Hester = Holt

:wacko:

Hester couldn't make a clean cut in a route if his life depended on it.

Not to mention yesterday he said he'd like to decrease his role on offense and go back to returning kicks, his "bread and butter."

i.e. "I realized I'm not going to make it as a WR, and with Martz's complex offense being implemented I need to keep my stock from dropping even lower"

Sorry for sounding overzealous...

Just meant it in the vain that Hester is (or was) considered the #1 receiver in CHI like Holt was in STL. No, their skill level is not the same, just trying to fit who might play a similar role and who they might equate to based on that role. Not that Hester becomes a HOF wideout like Holt or whatever. When/if Hester ever produces the most receiving yards for the first decade of the 2000's (like Holt did - more than Moss, Harrison, Bruce), then we would need to reconsider the comparison.

Sorry for sounding overzealous...

Just meant it in the vain that Hester is (or was) considered the #1 receiver in CHI like Holt was in STL. No, their skill level is not the same, just trying to fit who might play a similar role and who they might equate to based on that role. Not that Hester becomes a HOF wideout like Holt or whatever. When/if Hester ever produces the most receiving yards for the first decade of the 2000's (like Holt did - more than Moss, Harrison, Bruce), then we would need to reconsider the comparison.

No worries bud - we knew you were just aligning the pieces of Martz's chess match.

Just humorous to see the comparison on paper.

As long as that franchise continues to fool themselves into thinking that Hester is a #1 receiver, this is all just fodder.

Sure he's fast...he can't run a good route, he never EVER will go up and beat a CB or S to the top flight of the ball, he waits for it to come to him. He gets thrown off his routes easily, he's lazy, he is not instictive in that position. Period.

To compare him to Holt as someone did in this thread is perhaps the most insane thing I've ever heard, and everyone that reads it is dumber for it. May God have mercy on that poster's soul.