[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The moment you have been waiting for

SLAYER

Saints 34 Colts 30

I guess a true fan has to hold out hope, right? I think the best the Saints can do is keep it close and still lose by 3 or 4. In reality, I think we're looking at a 38 - 27 finish in favor of the Colts.

I don't understand all the people picking the Colts. This game is a real toss up. I can definitely see the Saints winning. I am very nervous!

They watch too much ESPN & NFLN & buy into the hype. I agree with you, the game could go either way for a number of different reasons. I've been confident for the past two weeks, but now that the game is here I'm really starting to get antsy.b

I don't understand all the people picking the Colts. This game is a real toss up. I can definitely see the Saints winning. I am very nervous!

I also think that as a fan of the Colts you are also trying to remain more level-headed so as not to get your hopes up, whereas maybe others can see things more clearly. :wacko:

It probably has something to do with the fact that the Saints were completely outplayed by the Vikings 2 weeks ago.

Yet the Saints completely won the game. :wacko:

BTW, letting the other team score 31 points on you, by no means is completely outplaying them.

The Vikings & Colts can have all the stats they want as long as the end of the day the Saints are holding the trophy.

Edited by rajncajn

Although I don't have a vested rooting interest for either team, I suppose I'd like to see the Saints get the win if only because they have never taken home a Super Bowl trophy before ... however, my head tells me this will be a Colts victory, something along the lines of 30-24.

I also think that as a fan of the Colts you are also trying to remain more level-headed so as not to get your hopes up, whereas maybe others can see things more clearly. :wacko:

Mark Sanchez put up 302 yds on Indy, Brett Favre put up 310 on NO, Drew Brees is not Mark Sanchez & obviously Manning is not Favre, but you can argue that Favre is a lot closer to Manning. Saints gave up 122 yds to Adrian Peterson, but that was AD not Joseph Addai. On the other side of the ball the Saints also have the 6th ranked rushing offense... the Colts, 24th vs the run.

But, the Colts do have Peyton Manning.

I was in the grocery store just a bit ago and the employees were parading around the store second line style chanting "Who Dat say they gonna beat them Saints." I shit you not, everyone in the store was chanting along with them. This city is like nothing I have ever seen before!

Mark Sanchez put up 302 yds on Indy, Brett Favre put up 310 on NO, Drew Brees is not Mark Sanchez & obviously Manning is not Favre, but you can argue that Favre is a lot closer to Manning. Saints gave up 122 yds to Adrian Peterson, but that was AD not Joseph Addai. On the other side of the ball the Saints also have the 6th ranked rushing offense... the Colts, 24th vs the run.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I was waiting for you to get to it. I want the Saints to win because if my team isn't there, I want the underdog to pull through. However, I just don't see it happening.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I was waiting for you to get to it. I want the Saints to win because if my team isn't there, I want the underdog to pull through. However, I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, because everyone knows it's impossible to lose a game when you have Peyton Manning no matter what other factors are in play.

Yeah they have Manning but we do have a lesser known QB who many think may end up being pretty good some day. :wacko:

This game reminds me a lot of Super Bowl XXXII. It was the Packers second championship game in a row. It was against Denver. Nobody gave the Broncos a chance. It was FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE all week. Denver was a wild card, but had a 12-4 record. Green Bay was 13-3.

Denver wins.

I don't put too much stock in what the experts say each week.

We have had two close Super Bowls in a row. I have a feeling this one will not. I just hope it's in the Colts favor.

And I hope the officiating is good. The Colts were completely hosed by the refs in OT in San Diego last year. I do not want to be talking about officiating after this game!

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah, because everyone knows it's impossible to lose a game when you have Peyton Manning no matter what other factors are in play.

Nobody said it is impossible for Manning to lose. We are just saying he is the reason why we think the Colts will win today :wacko:

BTW, letting the other team score 31 points on you, by no means is completely outplaying them.

475 yards to 257

31 first downs to 15

34:07 TOP to 25:53

The Saints went through the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters with a lot more points than first downs due to Minnesota turnovers.

Just saying. :wacko:

I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer on your big day, but my opinion is the Saints have to play a much better game today to have a shot.

Edited by bushwacked

I hear ya Rajn, and know that I realize that Manning can lose big games as he has but I just don't think that the Saints have what it takes to beat the Colts. However, I hope that they find a way to pull it out.

Yeah they have Manning but we do have a lesser known QB who many think may end up being pretty good some day. :wacko:

Very true and I love Brees' tenacity. I actually can't wait til they show him getting the Saints pumped in pre-game. And like I said, I am rooting for the Saints today and am even wearing a McAllister Jersey.

I hear ya Rajn, and know that I realize that Manning can lose big games as he has but I just don't think that the Saints have what it takes to beat the Colts. However, I hope that they find a way to pull it out.

Very true and I love Brees' tenacity. I actually can't wait til they show him getting the Saints pumped in pre-game. And like I said, I am rooting for the Saints today and am even wearing a McAllister Jersey.

Please take it off. :wacko:

Please take it off. :D

The Saints can use all the luck that can be offered to them today. So, what's a little Luck o' the Irish. :wacko:

NFL Gamebook has Sanchez throwing for 257. And 80 of those came off of a single play. I'm not saying that it shouldn't could against the Colts defense since it does. But excluding that one play he would have had a pretty mediocre 177-1. I'm sure the Saints haven't had one play they wish they could do over.

You can look at the stats for both teams, their power rankings, where their offenses and defenses rank in the league, etc all you want. But that doesn't tell the who picture for either team.

when this game is over 20 out of 100 are going to brag they called it right 20 more out of the 100 are going to be completely wrong but most will have an excuse as why ,, and then there will be 60 people who said it could of went either way and claim they called it.